rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tuono > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

power commander and tyres - problem solved

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: power commander and tyres - problem solved
    Posted: 12 Nov 2006 at 19:00
Further to my previous email regarding the power commander Forza Italia at Silverstone have solved the problem of why the service light came on. Basically, it was due to the wiring of the data tool alarm system that was fitted incorrectly by the biggest bike shop in Peterborough. The fault was traced to the alarm internals switching the fuel pump by means of incorrect wiring to the fuel pump for the alarm immobiliser function. The wiring break was made on the incorrect side of the relay causing the alarm unit to act as the fuel pump relay. The tyre problem has been solved by fitting metzler sportec M1. The rear tyre is now a 180 instead of a 190 and it corners really well. The same bike shop in Peterborough also told me the tyre pressures should be 36 front and 42 back which caused them to go square. Forza Italia said they were way over and should be 33 front and 36 back. The bike feels great and I feel like I have more trust around corners than before. I would like to thank Forza Italia for all their help. Hope that this information helps. [:D]
Lateshift View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lateshift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2006 at 17:37
Can't really comment on their wiring job, but in their defence if Metzeler list the pressures they used (which they do) then they will not put any other pressure in that tyre unless you tell them otherwise. Most tyre manufacturers are now quoting 36/42 for radial tyres as an industry standard, garages will stick to that unless they know its dangerous. And lastly tyre pressures are a personal thing, its down to you to see what pressure within the recommended range works best for you. But having had Sportec M1's on my 99 Mille i do know that the M1 tyre for the Tuono and the RSV's are listed as 36/42, i could run that fine with them tyres, felt a tad hard at times admittedly and did square the tyre off rapidly, but try running a 2CT on them pressures and its a disaster [:D] You wont go wrong with 33/36 as its a good compromise for most tyres [:)] 06 RSVR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic