rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Colin Edwards Reps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Colin Edwards Reps
    Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 08:50
Hi Folks.  I have just joined the Forum.  Have owned a Colin Edwards Rep from new in 2003 and was wondering how many are still on the go. 
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 15:46
Hi ya fella, there are still a few of them out there and there are some on here too.

There are also some nori Haga reps on here as well

Get some pics up mate, it's always nice to see an eddy

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Davie Smith View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 15:55

I will need an idiot guide for that!!  Is there one on here?

dannybyg View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannybyg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 16:00
Afternoon Dave, if you look on a post I put up last week under 'pics' , it shows complete guide on how to put up pics, kindly posted by others!!
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 16:48

Eventually managed.  Thanks for the help!!Tongue
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2012 at 16:51
OOooooo yeah Very Nice bike mate Clap Clap

Love those standard Akra's, you need to get some stickers on them though arrgghhhhh lol lol

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 12:42
Hi Davie

welcome!  Nice bike.  As Nickyboy says, there's a few Eddy owners on here including myself (about 3 or 4 now I think) and the rumour is that there are still around 25 Eddys left on UK roads.  You can see mine here:

http://rsvr.net/forum_posts.asp?TID=7690&title=eddy-ready-for-action

ps...don't let NB anywhere near your zorsts or he'll make a mess all over them Wink
R1200RS

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2012 at 16:08
Thanks Vee60.  Compliments back at ya for your one too.  Very shiny.  I forget how good the tank looks with the cover on all the time for the tank bag.  Standard from new complete with the system and chip after the 600 mile service.  Only the "Alice" on the fairing is different.  Birthday present from the kids just finishes off the bike.  Great bike to ride and live with.  Had to do very little to it over the years.  Happy happy boy ha ha
Vee60 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2012 at 17:46
Agree Davie, they are a great bike to ride and live with.  Best bike by far I've ever owned.  A few of use were thinking of organising an Eddy owners get together next year. We'll put some feelers out and if we get enough interest, it'll be on the cards!
R1200RS

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2012 at 21:09
Keep me posted, would be up for that depending if I can get time off work and stuff.
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 08:19
I can account for Edwards #62 and #265.

#265 is in storage, a minter less than 2,000 miles, unmodified.

Here is # 62 modified rear.

Here are the twin, Eddy twins

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 13:34
Two Edwards replicas, you lucky sod

Just look at all that Akrapovic loveliness, ooooo it's making me H***

Very nice bikes fella

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 13:52
Lol NB, if you ride one you know why you have to have two. (Joke).

I love the look of the HAGA rep too. Perhaps slighly more.   
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 14:42
I like exactly what you've done to one of them, put on the earlier bigger rear cowling and tail hump...

Very nice that

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 18:33
Two very nice bikes there, Mark.  I am interested in where the numbers are.  i know they were a limited edition but didn't realise they are numbered.  God i'm becoming an anorak.  Which is close to an akra Nicky but different!!  The tail light mod is nice had that same shape covers (in black plastic) on the standard Mille I had before Alice.
A303 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 21:46
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

I like exactly what you've done to one of them, put on the earlier bigger rear cowling and tail hump...

Very nice that

NickyBoy

+1 prettiest rump ever fitted to a motorcycle - good on ya for doing that.
mark99_01 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark99_01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 22:18
Last 4 digits on the frame number e.g 0064 = Eddy number 64.

Thanks for comments for the lumpy arse end.

It's a doddle to do as the rear between 01/02 and 03 are completely interchangeable - so all fully reversible.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2012 at 22:27
Originally posted by mark99_01 mark99_01 wrote:

Last 4 digits on the frame number e.g 0064 = Eddy number 64.

Thanks for comments for the lumpy arse end.

It's a doddle to do as the rear between 01/02 and 03 are completely interchangeable - so all fully reversible.

Ahh didn't know that the last digits on the frame were the production run...

As you say mate, the rear cowling on the eddie rep and the 2003 R models was the same as the ones fitted to 03-05 Tuono's - Looks good but I prefer the older 01-02 rear cowling, proper 90's super bike look

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davie Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 08:34
Alice at work.  Guess the location

Mackeral_Fillet View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mackeral_Fillet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 10:55
Lovely Bikes
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 17:02
Very nice mate

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Italianmike View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 22:14
Hello all you RSVR boys. Just registered so thought I 'd have a go and introduce myself. I'm not too good at the techy stuff so excuse my lack of skill.will have to practice. Very excited as I'm just about to take delivery of an Edwards, 2003, 53 plate. 10800 miles, fsh by dealers. Pazzo levers, GIlles rear sets, new Metzler tyres,brake pads, no expense spared, it's immaculate. Number 45. Only found out how to to find the number by looking on here last week. I'm so excited just writing about her. The guy I'm buying her from is bringing it over in his van on Sunday. I'll do some photo's over the next few days.christ knows how to post them up though. I used to have an 02 RSVR with some nice mods, in 2004 and I loved it and wished till now that I had kept it. I traded it for a new 2004 factory and spent huge money on lovely things for it, got 138 bhp out of it with mapping and dyno. I've had a BMW GS adventure since 2007 and love it, but never lost the love for an rsvr so this Edwards should be special. You suggest a Edwards register which might be good, I love the photo's of them on here, cracking bikes. Hope to chat to more of you blokes when I post some snaps. Can't wait to start tinkering again. Cheers everyone. Italianmike.   
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2012 at 22:15
Hello all you RSVR boys. Just registered so thought I 'd have a go and introduce myself. I'm not too good at the techy stuff so excuse my lack of skill.will have to practice. Very excited as I'm just about to take delivery of an Edwards, 2003, 53 plate. 10800 miles, fsh by dealers. Pazzo levers, GIlles rear sets, new Metzler tyres,brake pads, no expense spared, it's immaculate. Number 45. Only found out how to to find the number by looking on here last week. I'm so excited just writing about her. The guy I'm buying her from is bringing it over in his van on Sunday. I'll do some photo's over the next few days.christ knows how to post them up though. I used to have an 02 RSVR with some nice mods, in 2004 and I loved it and wished till now that I had kept it. I traded it for a new 2004 factory and spent huge money on lovely things for it, got 138 bhp out of it with mapping and dyno. I've had a BMW GS adventure since 2007 and love it, but never lost the love for an rsvr so this Edwards should be special. You suggest a Edwards register which might be good, I love the photo's of them on here, cracking bikes. Hope to chat to more of you blokes when I post some snaps. Can't wait to start tinkering again. Cheers everyone. Italianmike.   
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2012 at 03:39
Welcome in mate, posting pics up is easy, just use one of the hosting sites like photobucket and click & paste the forum link into the post on here and hey presto Big smile

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
RSVRNuT View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSVRNuT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2012 at 20:30
Tongue
I'm just joining the Eddy fraternity as well having bought No59 I believe it is, a returning Mille fan, having been away for a while!!
Can't really wait and could do with some thoughts on rearsets that might suit, if anyone has any ideas?
I used to have an 02 RSV which had a 2 into 2 Renegade system fitted and Gilles R/Sets. A bit of a problem though as the LHS one slightly clashed with the link pipe and could only be fitted in 1 or 2 positions. I think they were the AS31 items, but can't be totally sure.

Anway looking forward to coming back and to getting involved with you lot on here once again.
Cheers for now.

Big smile
RSVRNuT

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 17:57
I've put a pics on photobucket but now how do I get them on here? Sorry not good at doing this!!
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 18:15

First rideout
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Italianmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 20:48
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 22:20
Nice Akra's there fella Clap

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Gricey86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gricey86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2012 at 23:07
Stunning bike
tuono fighter
rgv250 vj22 - project
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic