rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Falco > General & Technical
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia Falco Venom cans Motad!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurujosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aprilia Falco Venom cans Motad!!
    Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 12:27
Hi,

Just watching a pair of (Aprilia Falco Venom cans Motad) on ebay!

Any ideas, thoughts and info on the cans? Has anyone used it?

thanks
gurujosh
Spookshow View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spookshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 13:07
I had a Venom can on my Mille and it sounded nice; I didn't have a power commander though and it had this nasty flat spot around 5k rpm.

Have you tried calling Motad? They sell off slight seconds from time to time - I think I paid about £40 for mine just cos a couple of rivets weren't too pretty!
gurujosh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurujosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 14:42
H SPook

thanks for that.. hmmmm.. the seconds for £40 sound interesting.

so do you think it needs a PC?
gurujosh
Spookshow View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spookshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 15:59
Yeah it's a good deal if you don't mind it not looking perfect. Obviously it depends what spare stock they have too. I actually ended up with two cans as the first was blowing air past a rivet - they sent me a better one and told me to keep the first. I gave that to the neighbour's lad who put it on his varadero 125!

The advice I got from a dyno guy was that a PC may fix the flat spot, but I don't know enough to say. I think Griff mentioned that the link pipe I had might have been restricting the gas flow (sorry if I mis-quote you mate, the memory's a bit hazy!).

Time for somebody more knowledgable to comment?
Vinnie View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

MTB Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 20:49
Ive got them on my falco,running with a Dr Rossi chip it runs superb,no flatspots & smooth power all the way through,I do run it with the baffels in as its a pain to remove them,they are fitted to the to the inlet side to the pipes,fo r the money you cant go wrong,£109  for 2 silencers & link pipes & british made Big smile
gurujosh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurujosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 22:13
Yes that is tempting! how much of a diff does the chip give you? plan to fix cans first.. can't wait to get rid of the OE cans
gurujosh
Vinnie View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

MTB Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 22:36
a chip makes a huge difference when done with a TB setup,had a mille rp58 chip in before ,but Dr Rossi chips are night & day difference ,so much nicer to ride,& suprisingly cheap,to have a chip & tb setup is cheaper than the venom cans!!!!
gurujosh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurujosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 22:51
thanks for that M8. will pm Dr rossi. venom cans still tempting.. how's the sound with / without the baffels?
gurujosh
Vinnie View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

MTB Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vinnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:48
LOUD, with baffels in they are still louder than my mille with a race can  !Wink
gurujosh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gurujosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 15:01
nice.. that I like. thanks.
gurujosh
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic