rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stator and reg rec replacement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stator and reg rec replacement
    Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 10:12
Hi, has anyone tried the kit from rmstator? West country windings are selling them as an upgrade kit. Anyone run one longterm to see if they work.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 11:18
Not on a rsv but I’m just fitting one on my zx9r, seem a very well made product, I had mine from moto electrical.
https://www.motoelectrical.co.uk/
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2022 at 13:04
Just checked that site they don't sell the kit I'm after. I think I will try it if it's well made stuff
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 07:10
the flywheel needs downgrading otherwise it will burn out again 

there is an ex rotax employee that can do this and reduces the 500w flywheel down to 370w

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 08:59
Any details for the guy and is it send him your flywheel he sorts it sends it back. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 18:22
you on facebook???

rsv owners club page Dominik Schmidtgrabner is his name 

370W flywheel / magneto for gen2 bikes on exchange base.

I have found a method to downgrade a 500W flywheel to generate only 370W, as the aprilia upgrade wheel from 2008 onwards.
No more burnt stators.
I will sell them on exchange base for 100€.
Shipping from Austria.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 19:29
No I don't do Facebook or any of the others lol does he have an email I can use?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 20:20
i’ll go ask for you 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 20:47
i have sent his email via private message 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2022 at 21:27
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

i have sent his email via private message 
Thank you, your a star 
albrown001 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albrown001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 20:43
This is a no brainer if you ask me. There wasn't anything out there like this that was any good when I did mine. I ended up biting the bullet and spending £500 on the new genuine Aprilia upgrade stator and then ended up having to buy a compufire series rectifier from the US and wire it up like this 

I just chopped off the two plugs from my wiring harness that went in to the old OEM rectifier and hid the wires in the original harness loom (probably should have just left them on). The compufire connects directly up to the stator (in any order) and then there are just two wires that go directly to the battery).

When you compare all that I had to do and go through and now you can get this complete item I think is a really good deal. From my experience, nothing will work unless you demagnetise your faulty flywheel and re-magnetise it with less magnetic flux you will always have a problem. 

This seems really good and personally if you are not running the new OEM stator then maybe you might want to consider investing in this. I think that this is really cheap and is not a lot of money for what it is and if you are running the faulty flywheel its just a matter of time and it will probably end up failing. 

albrown001 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albrown001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 20:47
You can tell that I did this a long time ago. They were the days when we all ran around with tax discs on and the kids used to try and nick them Smile
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 10:13
I'm going to send the flywheel away to this bloke to sort that and I'm thinking of getting a series reg rec to hopefully fix it for good
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 11:06
Regarding the Rectifier, I bought the Shindingen SH847 from Jack Fleming at www.roadstercycle.com in the USA. Cost around £225 in shipping. I also installed the T12 oil mod kit. I haven't downgraded the rotor yet. I posted some photos on here of my install - the regulator was too big to fit in the original position, so I mounted it in the tail piece.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 13:16
I bought the Sh847 kit for my 1050 speed triple from jack too not a bad price really with the leads
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 14:01
How long have you run that set up without a failed stator and I've posted my flywheel off now so will order the series reg rec when it's back. Will be ready for spring then
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 14:08
Only fitted this set up back in February, so only summer miles.....I reckon less than a thousand miles. I haven't checked the stator voltages yet to see if there is any degradation in the output voltages.....that will be a job for the dull January days ahead !
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 14:33
I'm really hoping this guy in Austria fixes the flywheel for good and I can forget about charging problem's. would be interested in your long term review of your set up in a couple of years 
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 10:59
Update on my flywheel, I did send it off over Xmas, which turned out a bad idea tracking didn't move for weeks so I stupidly thought they had lost it, I got hold of a second engine just for the flywheel which I then demagnetised myself and that's now in my bike. The first flywheel then moved and Dom did his thing and sent it back which I then sold on eBay 😂  so I will update this thread the end of the summer when I've put some miles on my bike,hoping for no more stator failures 
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2023 at 20:48
How did you go about demagnetising the rotor ??
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 05:30
Put it in the oven, I went a little to much but bike charges at 13.2 idle and 14.5 when over 2k so I'm happy
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 10:16
Originally posted by Liam Liam wrote:

Put it in the oven, I went a little to much but bike charges at 13.2 idle and 14.5 when over 2k so I'm happy

What’s the cooking instructions? 
Gas mark, fan assisted and time please Big smile
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 15:43
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

I actually thought he was joking how can that work Ermm
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 16:42
The magnetic properties of a magnet can be destroyed by, also called demagnetization:
  1. Heating magnet to very high temperature.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2023 at 17:07

Gas mark 6 or 7 I went to 8 but it was a little to much and I just left it in till it was all the same temp
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2023 at 17:21

Anything over 14.4v will knacker a Lithium battery...fyi.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 12:28
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Anything over 14.4v will knacker a Lithium battery...fyi.

14.4 to 14.6 would be normal charge voltage would it not, so what would one do to stop your bike killing a lithium battery? I don't run one so not worried but just makes me think 🤔
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 12:31
A different regulator that will drop it down to a satisfactory level. 
Or gas mark 9? 
There is a company and I forget who that does them just for that reason. However since many have run them without issue I don’t know the best suggestion. 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Liam View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 20:06

A different regulator that will drop it down to a satisfactory level. 
Or gas mark 9? 
There is a company and I forget who that does them just for that reason. However since many have run them without issue I don’t know the best suggestion. 
The reg rec makes sense and gas mark 9 idle voltage will be to low 😂
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 20:16
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

The magnetic properties of a magnet can be destroyed by, also called demagnetization:
  1. Heating magnet to very high temperature.

Nice one Mark
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic