rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2005 Tuono

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 Tuono
    Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 08:00

Finally got this finished:

05 Tuono.jpg

Bought in September last year as a crashed bike with a seized engine.  Figured that since I had all the parts needed to repair it, including a spare engine, it would be a quick job!

So many other things got in the way of getting it done but last week I finally managed to get it MOT'd

Last year of the Gen 1 Aprilia Tuonos, pretty standard bar a set of Renthal fat bars, the Tuono Racing Ti end can and carbon nose fairing and full length carbon belly pan that came in the Tuono Racing kit.  Sadly someone had already painted the nose cone so that, along with the tank and tail unit, have all received a fresh coat of matt black paint.

Just some decals to source from Image Works and a pair of freshly powder coated white wheels to go on it and then it's done.

Got a 2004 Caponord Rally Raid to finish over winter and then the search for a minty fresh 2000 RSVR will begin.................decided I need to replace all the bikes I had, and subsequently sold, when Caterhams took over my life.  To that end I'll need an SXV 550 to complete the collection ;-)

Like Phil Jupitus........only slimmer!!!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 09:36
Looks very good 👍
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 15:27
Great work,  A lovely bike savedThumbs Up
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic