rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Levers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Levers
    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 09:54
Hi, I have pazzo levers on my Tuono but just enquiring for my other bike FZ1N ,has anyone tried some of the cheaper ones out there ?
Bob1 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 18:35
ill probably get flamed for this but i have used cheap chinese levers for years on a number of bikes. never had a problem they seem well made i can only speak for myself. others will tell you if you fit them you will die so you take your chance. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 20:08
Another who's a satisfied user of cheapo oriental levers here.
Got them on both my apes, not all of them are good though so beware.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 08:53
Any makes I can look through that you’ve fitted ?
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 09:20
i had some on my mille that were cheap feeling but dident give me any problems,

these on everything else i got.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 15:05
No issues with the special fried levers I've used had the same set on three Gen2s over many years best 12quid I've ever spent. No idea on brand though sorry.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 15:40
I had a hydraulic lock problem with my brakes at one point and filed back the seat for my chinese brake lever to be sure it was fully releasing. It wasn't the issue in the end but the only bad feedback I've heard about the knockoff levers is that sometimes they don't fully retract and cause hydraulic lock. So if in doubt you can always file them back slightly to be extra sure.
Owen
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 08:30
Ok chaps , thanks. Will start looking soon .
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 21:45
I relieved the pad on one of my brake levers just to slightly increase the free play,there's a pic on here somewhere on a Chinese lever thread.

The only real omission is unlike the oe or expensive aftermarket examples all the cheapo units I've seen aren't bushed at the pivot point so need to be kept lubricated to keep wear at bay.

I think I had one pair of BykeIt or something like that.  I bought the first set from Demon Tweeks to fit my old SV and both the sets I'm using on my Apes were bought second? at least hand from members on here.

I worked with metal all my working life and I DO trust my life to these levers Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 23:29
Thanks IanG
ajaycad View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajaycad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:30
If its midrange levers your after, I've got Evotech on my Gen 2. £115 for the pair, real quality.
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 12:15
Thanks aj, but it’s for my FZ1N , just wanted cheaper , got PAZZO on my Tuono, cheers again .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic