rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RST airbag suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 12:15
No, but I reckon the one I have will be OK for 3-4 years with software updates. Then, Black Friday will be every year, haha.

There was a discount on the leasing option as well.
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
My riding lines are like Hendrix's solos. Unexpected and always different.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 13:41
I'm not using mine until March at the earliest so I'll hold off 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 14:10
Was my plan too to activate it with the leasing in May but then again, I like to own my sh*t and the offer came.

We’ll see how it turns out.

Once you activate it you can have it ”off” max 4 months a year and even then it will be 4€/month.
Mille Aarrr -02 (1060 BB, Gen2 heads, 2-2 Akra, timed cams, bespoke Gabro chip + TSS slipper) & Beta 480 RR MY19
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 18:53
Yeah I've just looked into it and it makes sense as its such a good offer but I couldn't find the information about pausing it. If I activate it now and turn it back on in February which is the date for my ACU license ( which is going to be bloody freezing!) Then I'll keep it active until the end of next year. Cheers for the heads up on itThumbs Up
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 05:35
De nada!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 16:06
All done, worked out cheaper to pay for the year at £70 total and the track cover was included with the suitThumbs Up
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 16:34
Now, resist the urge to put the suite on and jump down from your balcony/ roll down from your terrace.

Although it would make one ace Christmas party outfit. Resistant to bodily fluids and keeps you protected.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2021 at 19:50
Originally posted by JMH JMH wrote:

Now, resist the urge to put the suite on and jump down from your balcony/ roll down from your terrace.

Although it would make one ace Christmas party outfit. Resistant to bodily fluids and keeps you protected.

Hahaha I have tried it on the road and it's lovely to wear. I'll keep it wrapped up for now. I'll need more than that for protection with the vid on the rise again Cry
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 07:07
Did you receive the suite & box upgrade e-mail? Appears it is legit as I asked through In&Motion’s website. They’ll take the RST suite and the box, change the airbag and upgrade the programme to improve repeated inflation scenarios.

All FOC
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 13:12
Originally posted by JMH JMH wrote:

Did you receive the suite & box upgrade e-mail? Appears it is legit as I asked through In&Motion’s website. They’ll take the RST suite and the box, change the airbag and upgrade the programme to improve repeated inflation scenarios.

All FOC

????? I haven't heard anything 
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 15:02
Well, you need to check your junk mail. Original registration request came 10.1.2022
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 15:23
On itThumbs Up
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 17:55
????
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 19:42
Couldn't find any info on it mate. Nothing on RSTs site, nothing on Inamotion and no emails in spam or anywhere else so I called the shop who I bought it through and they hadn't heard anything so chased it up with their supplier and no one knew anything at all. Seems a bit scammy 
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 19:59
Let us see. I did ask them directly through their web site, right here:

And got the following answer (sorry about the copy paste job):

Now, I have clicked on the link and not been robbed yet, we'll see.

Good afternoon XXXX,

It is obviously a correct email from In&motion for this upgrade proposed to all our RST racesuit customer.
For your information, your current inflator will be obviously still functional and we won't change this spare part (only the airtube into your racesuit). So if you are interested, please to register into our other email and click on "get the upgrade".

Remaining available if you need, I wish you a pleasant day,

Regards,

Tristan
Customer Care In&motion

And the original was like this:

Optimise your airbag racing suit !
Dear In&member,

At In&motion we have one goal - to provide the best protection possible to our members. Our team is constantly looking for the next innovation that will improve the performence of our product.

Today we would be happy to bring a free update to our RST airbag race suit users!

If you are interested in getting your RST one piece race suit upgraded at no cost with the latest In&motion airbag technology, please let us know by clicking on the link below.

Any registration made after 16th january will not be taken into account.

What can you expect?

The In&motion and RST teams would like to offer you early access to the latest improvements in our airbag technology:
  • new high performance airbag cushion developed specifically for RST one piece race suits
  • An optimized inflation with a fully-integrated gas diffusion system.
  • Your In&box downloaded and updated ready for the coming season

These 2 technical improvements, and the latest version of the In&motion algorithm, contribute to optimizing the airbag inflation system performances through multiple inflations.

Do not forget to send the In&box along with the suit to benefit from the latest update and an upload of the data of your In&box.

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2022 at 20:49
Well that certainly seems to be legit I've just sent them an email 
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 17:37
Received the packing slip today.... may need to take the leap of faith on Sunday. I hope I do not need to ride with my birth given leather only air in the bag being the windblast pounding my bollocks next summer.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 19:14
No reply from the email as yet and only two days left to register. I really hope it's all good for you mate
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 09:41
I'll keep you updated. The suite and the box are on their way now.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 12:43
Cheers I never got a reply from inamotion or RST
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 17:56
I've just got a response. Looks like I was wrong I'm just so wary of scams I don't trust anything online. 
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 06:55
My kit should be back on my doorstep today. Quick action!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 08:17
Wow that's awesome! I realised the reason I didn't get the email was because I hadn't paired the suit
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 09:26
OK! Makes sense, I guess.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:47
Yes they did eventually get back to me and said I would be eligible for the next update later in the year. 
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 09:27
What utter sh*te!

The unit failed after THREE trackdays. Swell. Now, due to the fact that I paid for it upfront, i.e. they have the cash, I am treated second class. I need to send the unit for a repair/ eventual replacement and be without one while I wait for the fix.

With the leaching option they would have sent me a replacement ASAP.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 13:16
That's bloody awful service. I haven't had any issues with mine nor my three mates who also bought one and one of them has tested it and it certainly saved him from serious injury!

The UK paddocks are absolutely full of them and I haven't heard anyone complaining so I think perhaps you got very unlucky having said that it's really sh*t that you are not being sent a replacement straight away! I went for the rental option but paid for the year on the black Friday offer and now you have had this experience I wouldn't buy the unit. Hope you get it sorted ASAP!
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2022 at 14:09
Bloody live and learn once again. In&Motion is f**king up the pick up now as we speak. Was supposed to take place today but no info from the carrier. No response to e-mails and In&Motion phone does not answer.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2022 at 21:49
Hi JMH, Alpinestars do V10 Alpinestars that protects your hips now, it pisses me off  it ain't much more than my race vest.
My mate had a crash with an Inmotion vest they replaced it straight away. I wish you luck in getting it sorted. It is trouble getting anything at the moment, I can't even get a sprocket for my Superstock. You deserve better customer service than that, especially that you paid for it Al up front. Get on to the MD and tell him that it ain't right and I think you may get a favorable outcome👍
JMH View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JMH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2022 at 17:51
A new unit is on its way here since the end of last week and maybe I'll get it before weekend's race meet. I did a stupid thing and entered into Retro Superbike class.

The reason for them not answering that Thursday was French national day... I happened to hear it over the radio after my nth e-mail to them (all of them were something I would not regret, luckily).

So, fingers crossed I get it although my old Spyke leathers are comfy as a silk sock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic