rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

head stand to fit mille gen1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: head stand to fit mille gen1
    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 09:41
Morning I'm looking for a head stand for maintenance of the forks etc currently got just a front paddock stand for the front.  

Looking at the sizes of the lifting pins that come as standard with head stands would these suffice or would I need to buy a bigger pin/adapter ? had a look at the size of the hole on the bottom yoke where the lifting pin locates and its around 28mm (couldn't really get an accurate measurement) but it seems a lot bigger than the pin sizes that come as part of a head stand kit.

Any info welcome

Ross
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 09:58
I use one of these, it comes with 6 pins that fit numerous bikes and it’s been faultless. Remember you’ll have to take the bottom yoke air deflector off though.
https://probike.co.uk/lifts-stands/paddock-stands/front-headstock-stand
nation View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:00
cheers, just had a quick look, I take it you use the largest size pin that's supplied with the stand ?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:01
I’d also look at ABBA stand as they do a front lift kit for the rear stand.
https://abbastands.co.uk/
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:03
I can’t remember which size pin as I use the stand on a few bikes.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 10:46
ABBA is the business with the front lift kit. Maybe not quite as quick to lift the bike but, especially for more extensive work, who cares? Although no need to remove the under yoke air deflector with the ABBA
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 12:11
I only bought an ABBA stand last year, but wish I'd bought one years ago - definitely the way to go with the front lift kit.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic