rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noco battery charger problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noco battery charger problem.
    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 15:54
Anyone had problems with their charger?
I bought a Genius 3500 last August with the Shido; it can be used on all sorts of batteries.
Yesterday I fitted it to my lead acid and it should have gone into standby so you have the option of selecting battery type. It was already on lead acid and went straight into a charge cycle. I took no notice of this at the time, but checked on the battery a while later and the noco was still indicating 25% charge, even though the remote indicator had displayed 75% charge. I then heard the battery bubbling and put a voltmeter across the teminals, it read 15.5V!
I disconnected it and fitted it to my Lithium; it went straight into a charge cycle on the lead acid setting.
The only way I could get it to go into standby and select battery types was to plug it into the mains but not the battery, which is not what the manual says. It should go into standby after connecting to the battery and mains, then switching on.
I've sent an ebay message to the seller, still waiting on a reply.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 19:17
i have had one for a few years now i got it from halfords mine has always gone straight to charge it remembers the last battery lead or lithium and goes to that but it always takes some prodding to get it on the right charge if it aint the one that it remembers 
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 19:53
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

i have had one for a few years now i got it from halfords mine has always gone straight to charge it remembers the last battery lead or lithium and goes to that but it always takes some prodding to get it on the right charge if it aint the one that it remembers 

Mine does the same as this. I was nervous the first few times we had power cuts after plugging it in. Went out and checked each time and it always remembered, so fairly confident of it now.
I always check every week when the bike is stored on charge over winter. I turn it off and back on again every few weeks.
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 00:41
Mine does the same but has always worked just a bit temperamental kicking in. I've got a different one for the lead acids so I've never used the noco for those just the Shido. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 06:30
My main worry is it was charging at 15.5v and the battery was bubbling. I know lead acids do but the noco was still only indicating 25% and the remote was flashing at 75%.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 08:55
Cold start on Noco is max 14.8v 

And repair is 16.5v 

Maintaining is some thing like 3.5-7.25v or similar 

Somethings up with it. Sounds like either the battery is on its way out and the charger is in repair mode despite what the leds show 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic