rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Racing Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No limits trackdays 2021

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No limits trackdays 2021
    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 20:25
Dates for the early part of next year out today.
Just booked snetterton on the 8th of March and Oulton park on the 31st 
Dates booked up ridiculously quick last year so I've got in early nice to have something to look forward to. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 20:27
Good man! 

Didn’t fancy the 27th of December then 😂
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 20:47
Haha not really that's beer drinking time. Fancy either date bud?
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 21:30
I've never done a trackday, but fancy trying one out next year. What and where would you suggest for a track novice, based in Berkshire?

I'm not looking to pretend I'm Rossi - I'm realistic about my talent level, just want to have some fun.
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 22:07
I did my first trackday on a road bike only day at Oulton Park on a Honda cb 1300. I would say a road bike only or a Bennetts insurance trackday are a bit more relaxed than a general day.Still need to get back to Oulton really liked it. I have been to Cadwell the most then Donnington and Anglesey and enjoyed all of them.If you pick the track that’s close to you I would say it’s a decent starting point cos you won’t be so tired either before or after with travelling.I haven’t been to Bedford Autodrome but have heard that’s good 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2020 at 22:30
Sound advice from Nick. Stay close to home my local is snetterton which I love as I know it so well now. The bennets days are fantastic value and a much slower pace than a " normal " trackday so sign into the lower group and enjoy. You'll only be around people in the same position as yourself or slightly more confident and 90% road bikes. Go for it you'll love it and there's always friendly people to help you out. On my first ever day around 12 years ago someone lent me an exhaust for my ZX7R as it failed the noise test I was so green to it I didn't even know it would be tested just thought race can race track no problem LOL
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 11:51
Paddocks tend to be friendly places. Most my days I've gone by myself but always had people to talk to. People tend to be helpful too. One evening at Cadwell I'd left in a rush as I was having an argument with my wife before I left. 2 hours later I'm at the track and realise I had no leathers ha. Someone who'd arrived early for the race weekend let me use his all day. 

In addition to what Adam said about Bennets days I heard Silverstone are doing a 20% discount at the moment. Also, if you go MSV (who own most the circuits) they do a 10% discount for members of http://www.trackdayriders.co.uk/tdr/forum/ . 

MSV do novice only days but to be honest I'd say just book any day and go into novice regardless of how quick you are on the road. My first day was with No Limits and just before a race weekend too. No Limits have a reputation for being quicker and more aggressive but really the only difference I noticed is maybe the average rider is a bit more posh with fancier bike etc. Focussed Events have a bad name but I did a day at donny with them and found it perfectly fine. I tend to look MSV first as they run good days and with discount are cheapest. 

Would love to do a day next year but will see how I go. 2nd kid due end of March and won't want to leave my wife alone with a newborn and toddler for months after that. I've secretly got my eye on September, maybe August but will see.
Owen
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 13:08
Tracks like Brands Indy are easy to learn and enjoy as is places like Mallory Park, Donington or Silverstone national circuit. 

All are good but for your location Silverstone is probably your nearest? Never ridden Castle Coombe despite it being local to me. 

As Adam and boys say if you’re riding there you don’t want to be too tired after a long day 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 18:13
All good advice above but I'd add a caution of my own learnt from experience.

Not a good idea to do a day just leading into a race day/weekender Shocked

Even novice will be packed out with racers getting track time prior to the main event.

It's not funny circulating in novice group and being close buzzed by experts on their slick shod race bikes,especially when they run in packs and close pass either side of you at warp speed.

F/E were particularly bad at letting that happen,but then I suppose money's money however they collect it.

Possibly something like Whitam's track school would be a better intro?  Far fewer riders on track and much more supervision,trade off is cost though.

Novice is generally safer to be in at other than pre race days,inters is usually carnage by comparison,far too many heroes out to impress their mates and audition for MotoGp rides.

I know,I was that rider Embarrassed

Fast/Expert group surprisingly don't get red flagged nearly as often as they generally have enough skill and experience to leave enough margin.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 02:37
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Even novice will be packed out with racers getting track time prior to the main event.

It's not funny circulating in novice group and being close buzzed by experts on their slick shod race bikes,especially when they run in packs and close pass either side of you at warp speed.

F/E were particularly bad at letting that happen,but then I suppose money's money however they collect it.

Possibly something like Whitam's track school would be a better intro?  Far fewer riders on track and much more supervision,trade off is cost though.

Novice is generally safer to be in at other than pre race days,inters is usually carnage by comparison,far too many heroes out to impress their mates and audition for MotoGp rides.

Fast/Expert group surprisingly don't get red flagged nearly as often as they generally have enough skill and experience to leave enough margin.

badapple - on the 8th are you riding up or vanning it?

last snetty, some fast racer bloke got kicked out of the novice and put into fast Thumbs Up
Bladerunner919 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bladerunner919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 12:10
Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know what I decide and maybe get a chance to meet some of you!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 13:02
Originally posted by JimGreezy JimGreezy wrote:

Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

badapple - on the 8th are you riding up or vanning it?

last snetty, some fast racer bloke got kicked out of the novice and put into fast Thumbs Up

Van mate the zx6r is track only Wink fancy it?
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 00:07
Yeah I do mate IL get it booked up next month just to make sure I'm clear. And IL pop you a msg mate.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2020 at 05:33
Ace nice one mate, what group do you ride? My mate and I are in the inters. 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 17:15
first one back i always jump in white, my last inters sesh was bloody bonkers at snet.

also i hate to be a negative little git, but ireckon we are still going to be in some form of a lock??!! i really hope not but still.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 17:31
Originally posted by JimGreezy JimGreezy wrote:

first one back i always jump in white, my last inters sesh was bloody bonkers at snet.

also i hate to be a negative little git, but ireckon we are still going to be in some form of a lock??!! i really hope not but still.
Noooooooo be positive! Already cancelled the last day at snetterton because of the vid. We'll be set up n the paddock Jim few in novice so come along and enjoy the limited facilities LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic