rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Indoor covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indoor covers
    Posted: 23 Nov 2020 at 21:29
Looking for a a couple of covers for winter storage in the garage to prevent any damage. Anyone got any recommendations? Garage is nice and dry just want to protect the paint from the kids bikes etc but I might as well buy something decent and dedicated to the job rather than a waterproof plastic cover. Seen a few soft stretchy ones online but not sure if they are worth the money?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 00:17
I’ve bought some dust covers from a company called gear gremlins, they’re nothing fancy and do the job but I also have a few old duvets that I put on the bikes first then the covers on.
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 07:41
I have an Oxford stretch cover is an outdoor cover but was thinking of getting an indoor version they’re about 40 quid.
I got a large but an XL might be better 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 09:05
I used to like leaving them out  to look at when I nipped out to smoke but I'm spending a lot less time out there now I've quit but I do like the look of the proper streched soft covers. The ones I've seen are around 40quid too
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 09:12
Shake'n bake
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 09:26
Just put an old decorating dust sheet over the top of mine. Something like this https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-cotton-twill-dust-sheet-12-x-12/77925

Owen
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 09:43
I'm a bit of an OCD freak in the garage thing's have to be neat and tidy out there its my only safe haven. With my wife and two daughters its like Primark in my house sometimes drives me nuts. 
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 09:58
Blankets for me underneath on top you name it ????? My garage gets a little damp/ condensation and find this the best for me, I do check often and rotate them for my happiness.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 16:39
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

I'm a bit of an OCD freak in the garage thing's have to be neat and tidy out there its my only safe haven. With my wife and two daughters its like Primark in my house sometimes drives me nuts. 

Same here, only my wife is starting to put things in there. So she might be, starting to divide and conquer?Ouch
Shake'n bake
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 21:30
Originally posted by Ice-mille Ice-mille wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Same here, only my wife is starting to put things in there. So she might be, starting to divide and conquer?Ouch

Haha I've got rules mate. If it's got two wheels or fixes them  its allowed in anything else goes in the shed. The kids can't open the doors and the missus is too short to push the door all the way up so it tries to kill her coming back down on her so she stays well clearLOL
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 17:34
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 19:06
That looks perfect James, what size did you get? There's only small available might fit the 675 but the XJR is massive!
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 19:12
I think I have XL tbf. 

Fits Gen 2 and the S1000R as well as the Tuono when it still had the oem mirror stalks. Even better now with the bar end mirrors 👍🏻
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 19:25
There's tons of them on eBay going to order a couple cheers mate. Thumbs Up
Fitz View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 21:29
That’s the 1 I was looking at, wasn’t sure to go for a L or XL 

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 18:20
Dust sheets and old blankets for me

Followed by cardboard boxes,car mats and anything else that I can't find room for LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 21:07
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Dust sheets and old blankets for me

Followed by cardboard boxes,car mats and anything else that I can't find room for LOL

Yes we've seen your storage system LOL
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 14:51
Adam 

Checked mine and both medium size. I’d suggest large would comfortably do most sports and XL for tourers etc 

That’s the S1000R 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 17:24
Spot on mate I've got a watch on medium for the 675 and I'm bidding on a large for the beast. Looks like it's exactly what I'm after.
FTM View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FTM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2020 at 13:39
The best indoor cover I've ever used is called a Tech7, they are fleece lined and really soft so no scuffing of the paintwork plus they are thick enough to absorb minor knocks to the bike. So good infact I have 2 of them. Tech7 Deluxe Indoor Breathable Motorcycle Dust Cover Extra Large 246x104x127cm | eBay
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 22:43
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264183094420
I bought one these for my R1, great quality, this one is for an Aprilia. Look on their site Dust off Bespoke 
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 22:49
Try this link on Facebook, 40 quid
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 08:05
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Try this link on Facebook, 40 quid

Who is Nathan Sankey?
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 08:37
He works for Dustoff covers, he sold loads on Facebook for R1s, I bought one, he said it will be there by Wednesday and it was, great cover too for 40 quid. 

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 10:29
I'm all sorted now mate got a bargain Oxford pro stretch from eBay for 16quid I'm looking out for another one they are usually around 35-40 quid 

NEED A DOUBLE GARAGE!
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 09:30
Nice bicycle fence that Adam. Sure to keep the thieves away from the big bikes
Owen
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 12:07
Haha it's a pain in the arse in there at the moment as I've got to keep the top end clear to work on the bikes but the bicycles get used daily so the " bike fence" is the only option! I did have them on the wall but that was a pain and one got dropped luckily it didn't damage a proper bikeLOL
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 18:31
I spy a Wiggins bike there dude 😉

That moonlighting you messaged me about. Exact same bike my lad had. Too big for it now mind. 
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Hys1de17 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hys1de17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 21:58
For me the wife sometimes throws out the old elasticacted cotton bed sheets. Don't laugh! It works, I used to use king size, I now use the super king size..tie off the bottoms with strategically place bungees Then top off with your usuall Oxford type cover.

Job done!Clap 
Done it for years never had damp issues.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:57
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

I spy a Wiggins bike there dude 😉

That moonlighting you messaged me about. Exact same bike my lad had. Too big for it now mind. 

Great bike she loves it, the smaller islabike is awesome too. Worth spending money on kids bikes as they are so well engineered for them plus you get your money back when you sell them on. No wonder you can afford a nice V4 with that sidelineLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic