rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Technical info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can’t get 4th 5th or 6th gear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can’t get 4th 5th or 6th gear
    Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 18:21
Evening, 
Just seeing if anyone has had this problem before. I’ve sold a 05 54 reg gen 2 factory this week and the buyer has rang today saying he can’t get the top three gears as in the gear lever will not move at all and attempt to go into gear. Obviously I want to help the man out and wondered if anyone had come across this problem before?
Thanks
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 19:24
Has he dropped it?  Sounds like the sort of thing that might happen if the shaft was impacted but that's just a wild guess on my part as obviously it must have been good and working when you sold it?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 19:30
If it’s not been dropped and whacked the gear lever or something I would guess he has a Selector fork issue.  It might be that the 3rd/4th Fork is compromised and can’t rotate the selector drum to 4th. To get to 5th/6th the drum needs to pass the 4th position first. If it can’t that’s as far as your going. 5th 6th are probably fine you just can’t get there in effect. 

Bobrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 19:49
Cheers for the info, I bought it for the wheels with the intention of then breaking it but it seemed too good a bike to break so I sold it on without even riding it so genuinely didn’t know there was any faults with the bike. 
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 19:52
Unless he’s up for diy, get a used motor. The labour alone at shop prices would be more. 
Bobrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 20:01
Thankfully I bought a 2nd motor at the same time as the bike so if it turns out to be terminal I’ve offered him that engine for just the postage costs which I think is fair enough on my part. 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 22:35
He turned up on the Rsv owners club Facebook page earlier .. I did query if he test rode it 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 23:50
Looks like he’s not in the best place 

Maybe just give him his money back ?iasked f he had ridden it 

Mark Redratbike Sinclair no mate I couldn't and yes I know that's rule 1, I had a major crash 4 years ago, I have only juat got my leathers boots ect and had nothing to take down for it. Well suppose I might as well just set it on fire as cant afford to fix it yet. Before my crash I was a medic for ambulance service and money was fine. Now not working from my accident money is tight and have to watch what I spend, I knew something like this was going to happen.

yeah not the best feeling in the world. I am ex royal Air force also and never had any issues through life, but since my accident I have been depressed with not working, suicidal from being in pain and general mental state. I have never felt any emotions like what I have felt since my accident. I have 3 kids and a disabled wife i look after and mainly bought the bike as my own release for just half an hour out on the bike i can forget how sh*t things are and then start again the next day. 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bobrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 04:17
Hi Mark
I’ve offered him the money back but he says he wants to keep the bike and I’ve offered the engine for nothing. Can’t really see what else I can do for the fella. I’ve seen all the comments on Facebook. When I picked the bike up the fella had taken the rear spring off to paint so I didn’t ride the thing either. 
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 08:17
Sounds like you have done all you can.
Maybe we could, forum wise. Put hands together and help him.
If someone is close, help him get the engine to his place. And maybe assist in changing it.

Just thinking out loud, sorry. And yes i know i am far far away, so cant do nothing. But we did this for a guy here, and the joy on his face was priceless. Just a thought. 

Stay safe everyone 
Shake'n bake
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 10:20
That’s a wonderful idea

Don’t even know anything about it as not a Facebook user 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:10
Where is the bike and engine geographically ? 
Bobrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 15:31
I’ve spoke to the buyer today and we’ve agreed he’ll be happy if I send him the engine free of charge and I’ll cover the courier costs so hopefully I’ll get that sorted this week and he’s going to fit it himself. Thanks for all the input and help it makes a change from the unhelpful comments some people post on Facebook. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 15:42
Sounds like a good outcome good on you for doing the right thing Thumbs Up
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 15:43
Glad you seem to have it sorted

I guess that's even more reason to stay well away from Facebook then?
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 15:47
What Ian/Adam said

I’m possibly not the best to comment but my experience of people on Facebook makes me super glad I’ve vanished from it 

Glad you came to a mutual conclusion Bob. Too many people enjoy causing issue for no valid reason or use something else as an excuse for a fight. Social media more and more creates narcissistic behaviour of the masses. 

But maybe I’m just a bitter individual. If you get positivity from it well played
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 15:52
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Glad you seem to have it sorted

I guess that's even more reason to stay well away from Facebook then?
Yep had people wasting my time all afternoon trying to sell some stuff hate the place but stuff does sell well i just don't understand why people give other's so much grief. Like the old saying goes if you've got nothing nice to say don't say anything at all!
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 16:02
I should let you sell my parts Adam 😂 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 16:07
Haha no chance my patience has worn thin today only saving grace is I'm hungover on the sofa making money......just treated myself to a new Teng top tool chest for father's day next week Big smile
Bobrsvr View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobrsvr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 16:10
In all honesty I’d of preferred to have given him the money back and have done but he was adamant he wanted to keep the bike.
Facebook= nearly as bad as selling on eBay!

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 16:12
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Haha no chance my patience has worn thin today only saving grace is I'm hungover on the sofa making money......just treated myself to a new Teng top tool chest for father's day next week Big smile

That sounds like a pretty good lifestyle  LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 17:52
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

That sounds like a pretty good lifestyle  LOL

Yep living the dream IanWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic