rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My winter hack

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My winter hack
    Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 15:48
Bought a little K2 gixer 600 to sell on in the spring and decided to run it over the winter . What a fun little bike . Old school Rizla rep Big smile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 16:42
Sweet as

That been fiddled with? It's got a 750 swingarm and Radial calipers

K2 was still unbraced swingarm and Axial calipers 

Nice additions along with Akrapovic 👍🏻
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 19:05
Cheers James I'm enjoying it using it daily when I'm not working beats sitting in traffic any day.  Reminds me of my old ZX7R, super comfy starts on the button and has a fair bit of poke once she gets going more than enough for this time of year spins up in 3rdTongue.

I'll be totally honest and say I didn't know about the radial brakes but I did think the swingarm was different so good spot mate. The Ti Akra is a race can and sounds awesome. Got a private G5XR plate which is cool too never been a fan of names but bike specific plates look cool. Im going to keep it until April/May time and stick a fresh mot on and sell on. Would make a cracking cheap track bike. 

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 19:23
Looks good and yep it’s a 750 arm, same as I put in my gpz1000.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 20:02
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Looks good and yep it’s a 750 arm, same as I put in my gpz1000.

Cheers Wayne you boys no your stuff, not quite as well fettled as your little gixer mate but will do me for a few months saves the 675 coming out of hibernation. Traffic is so bad in Norwich now I can't stand driving the car. Got called a w**ker for filtering today I just chuckled to myself as I breezed to the front of the lights see ya later heheheLOL
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 20:19
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Reminds me of my old ZX7R, super comfy

Nice bike, especially for a winter hack as you call it. I don't remember my ZX7R being super comfy mind! Confused
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 20:47
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Reminds me of my old ZX7R, super comfy

Nice bike, especially for a winter hack as you call it. I don't remember my ZX7R being super comfy mind! Confused

Haha maybe it's fond memories but compared to 10 years riding a Gen2 rsv and now the miniscule Daytona this thing feels like an old arm chair. Sat in the garage next to the triumph you would think its a thou. Shocked
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 20:54
Amazing how small modern bikes are but feel comfortable, still like a big bike round me though with a good fairing to get behind, every bike I sat on at the nec felt comfortable but I would be stuck out in the wind like a gorilla on a monkey bike.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 21:01
That's the thing, if you're tall most modern bike make you look stupid like that even if they feel ok. My Gen1 and my 6'2'' frame just seem to be a perfect match.

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 21:05
Talking ZX7R's, my local shop has a mint example in at the moment. I don't remember exactly but about 2.5K miles. It makes me well up every time I see it!  Embarrassed

Alongside it is an almost as immaculate ZX750, they make a great display together.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 21:46
I got caught going through Leicester by a speed camera once and I’m about 6ft and 15st and I still thought my arse looked big on a gen1
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 11:55
My old ZX7R was my dream bike, still one of the best looking bikes of all time and the noise from the micron race can was filthy! My time on the gixer was short lived managed to fracture my sternum at a punk gig and I'm now boloxed unable to work ( can't drive ) or ride a bike. Bugger!!
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 13:48

My old ZX7R was my dream bike, still one of the best looking bikes of all time and the noise from the micron race can was filthy! My time on the gixer was short lived managed to fracture my sternum at a punk gig and I'm now boloxed unable to work ( can't drive ) or ride a bike. Bugger!!

😂😂 that's some gig! 

Sorry I could help it. Hope you heal up soon 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 13:53
It was nuts, band called " The Chats " I should no better by now haha. Cheers James 
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 16:26

It was nuts, band called " The Chats " I should no better by now haha. Cheers James 

I've just checked them out - straight back to 1978!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 17:11
Ray they are f**king awesome best live band I've seen for a while. If they are coming to a venue near you go just keep out of the way of fat crowd surfers LOL
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 17:13

For those interested in how I maimed myself or like a lively gig!!
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 18:34
excellent stuff mr a all is clear
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 18:35
ps hope you get well soon
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 19:10
Hehehe cheers fella, my passions in life fast bikes and faster music!!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 09:57

Adam! Duuuude! I've only just read this buddy Shocked Shocked Shocked (I was away for a while)

Hope you're ok?

If it's any conciliation, I had my sternum sawn open down the middle to repair the superior vena cava ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superior_vena_cava ) after my bike crash. I had broken the majority of ribs anyway, so why not lol? LOL LOL

I take it they've told you to take it easy, not much they can do?

Punks not dead Wink
Question everything.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 23:38
No worries Rick knew you weren't around . Im on the mend, still struggling with driving which being my job is causing some serious financial difficulties but thankfully the bike pot I'd gathered has been useful to keep my head above water. Compared with yours bud it's nothing just a bit painful and frustrating doing nothing! 

Punks definitely not dead hahaha!Ouch
Markymark67 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markymark67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 12:19
Hello Buddy, just seen your post, not been on here for a while, heads not been in a good place, but getting there now, hope you're okay and on the road to recovery. Am out of action myself, awaiting a cortisone injection into a disc in my spine, all courtesy of the accident back in May. Have you sold the gixxer as have seen a Rizla rep on facebook for sale, is/was it your one, I'll have to get my arse into gear and pop up and see you soon. I did send you a text but got no reply. guess you were pre-occupied, merry christmas buddy and I'll ping you a text soon and we'll have a catch up.

Thumbs Up
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2019 at 15:37
Originally posted by Markymark67 Markymark67 wrote:

Hello Buddy, just seen your post, not been on here for a while, heads not been in a good place, but getting there now, hope you're okay and on the road to recovery. Am out of action myself, awaiting a cortisone injection into a disc in my spine, all courtesy of the accident back in May. Have you sold the gixxer as have seen a Rizla rep on facebook for sale, is/was it your one, I'll have to get my arse into gear and pop up and see you soon. I did send you a text but got no reply. guess you were pre-occupied, merry christmas buddy and I'll ping you a text soon and we'll have a catch up.

Thumbs Up

Hey mate wasn't ignoring you check your phone I replied fear notLOL.
Still got it would of gone for a blast today as its so nice but I'm out of action until at least the beginning of February. Get well soon bud 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 17:18
how did you knacker your sturnum in? headbanging too hard?
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 17:33
Originally posted by JimGreezy JimGreezy wrote:

how did you knacker your sturnum in? headbanging too hard?
nah a fat crowd surfer crushed me, and a bit of headbanging hehehe 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic