rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New member
    Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:59
Hello, just joined the forum, picking up a 2002 RSV Friday and can’t wait, i was a bit indecisive until he fired it up, the sound from the Akrapovic was awesome!
Not sure what’s been done to it if anything, so I thought I’d start with the suspension linkages and Starter kit from AP workshops and take it from there, as they seem like sensible first mods to do. There’s some cracking info and knowledge on this site so I have some confidence in getting stuck in myself. Sadly no pictures of it yet, I’ll post some when it’s had a good clean. Cheers. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:07
Welcome along Steve cracking sounding bike and you're on the best bike forum around. Been a bit quiet of late but plenty of clever folk hanging about ready to help. Im helpful just not too cleverConfused
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 12:32
Welcome in Steve.

Good to see you're doing the sensible stuff first.

Wait til you get it and see what's been done to it. A lot get modded as you know.

Check what side stand it has as well Wink

Question everything.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 13:21
Good to see you on the forum Steve, you made the right decision to join up. As already said there's a wealth of built up knowledge on here awaiting you.

Lots to pick up and lots of mods to do if not done already but as said above good to focus on the safety bits first. Then some minor things will help with reliability mainly around the starting circuit - and then the fun bits you can add are plentiful!

As Diablo said, make sure you have the sidestand mod done as with the standard UK item these bikes are prone to falling over. The US spec sidestand swap if the way to go.

wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 20:10
Welcome in. 
As the lads say this is the best place to get real info without the silly opinions and crap that goes on elsewhere 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
SteveG View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 20:51
Thanks for the welcome, I’ll be sure to check the stand, one thing I noticed was when I sat on the bike and it was upright the suspension compressed and the stand hit the floor. Before anyone asks I’m only 90kg! So maybe it is the original stand and a little to upright. Another AP purchase unless I can find a US one online.
mixdrive1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixdrive1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 21:44
Get the rear shock serviced and heat wrap the exhaust around the rear shock as the heat from the exhaust quickly boils the shock fluid is my advise mate
current;2001mille,2003R,2003Eddy,2012Tuono. Previous RS250,2006Factory,2001mille,2001R and 2x2002mille
SteveG View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 15:21
lovely, i'll look into that, MCT is not to far away i'll get a price
Pete 86 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete 86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 22:34
Hey steve.  Some little tips to get you aquainted with the mille

They are battery sensetive so always try to have a good charge it the battery mate.
Also DONT use the throttle on start up mate.  Just half fast idle or less mate when you get used to it.
You dont want it revving its nuts off on cold start with too much fast idle due to the thickness of the oil eh.
Also the hotter the oil ste the better it rides especially in the gearbox and clutch so let her warm up mate as much as possible before you whip her.
and keep that 25mm chain slack maintained mate.
All that should iron out the adjusting th the rsv for you mate.
The basics first mate Wink
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 14:20
Welcome in buddy.  Helpful bunch and friendly in here
born ugly what's your excuse!!
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 10:05
Welcome to a very good forum.
Very helpful and full of knowlege.Big smile

Shake'n bake
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic