Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Man cave

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 21:47
No I haven’t, I’ll take a look, but I do have a new 5.7 Hemi to put on a stand for now, Chrysler sent it to us by mistake
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:11

Hopefully it will be fully sheeted in by the weekend and the fit out can start, I can’t wait 😊
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 11:56
Whoop Whoop nice one buddy 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 14:06
I must say this is mega impressive and a lot of work being done in super quick time. 

Well done. I'd live in that 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 14:57
I’ve got some high bay shelving that I can use for the benches and shelving and a company onsite is supplying me 100mm thick bog mats for the bench tops.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 22:18
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

No I haven’t, I’ll take a look, but I do have a new 5.7 Hemi to put on a stand for now, Chrysler sent it to us by mistake
what a nice mistake Wink

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 20:45
Finally started to move in, the electrical work isn’t done yet so I can’t really do any work but I can start to fit it out with shelving etc, few more bikes to put in and need to empty the storage container.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 20:47
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 20:55
Awesome space that's going to be one hell of a workshop/man den! Loving the essential stuff. Bikes, chair, paddock stands and a tool box. Only missing the kettle and or beer fridge and everything else is a bonus. 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 21:03
Bit scary how much stuff I’ve gathered over 30yrs of riding and modding, there’s a 40ft shipping container to empty yet and another ramp at my mates with a big steel table, lot of work over the next few weeks to get it how I want but I can’t wait, gotta sort the heating as well.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2019 at 21:23
Will definitely be worth it and great to have all the trinkets on display rather than the container. I sorted my workshop/cave out this year just before you posted this thread kind of paled into insignificance compared with this but its so good to have your tools where you want them and space to move as well as all the photos and odds and sods that I've collected. 
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 20:02
Getting the place kitted out now, still have a load of things to sort and move in though.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 23:13
Well that looks friggin amazing 

You sir are a lucky boy 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Hangry View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hangry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 14:14
Looking good looking good Thumbs Up
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 17:55
It's bigger than Griff's place!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 19:14
I’m over the moon with it, I got the roof vent for the heater today so hopefully if it stops raining I can get that running , fingers crossed in a few weeks I should be able to get my ramp, automotech who are about 3 miles away do a double scissor 3.5t ramp that I would like.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 22:53
Absolutely amazing 👏👌👍
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 07:33
It's awesome mate good on you for doing what you want. We're all very jealous 
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 19:32
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

i cant even get a old knackered garage from ipswich council  Cry
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:10
Originally posted by JimGreezy JimGreezy wrote:

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

i cant even get a old knackered garage from ipswich council  Cry

That's Ipswich for you JimLOL
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:13
I've decided to ban myself from this thread due to massive jelousy, good work my friend 👍👍👍
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 20:15

And I was happy with mine.........but now I need more Wayne and it's all your fault Big smile
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 21:03
Like most all I had for 20 years was a single concrete garage that I froze in in winter, took me about 10 years to get a ramp and it’s the one thing I would never be without. For the last ten I’ve been using a jack leg portacabin which has served me well as it was well insulated and with heating but this new one is fantastic, it was originally a sand bay as the site was originally a concrete works and the only real downside is the floor has a slope which was to drain the sand. I would of levelled it but the cost would of doubled the build. I can get round that though.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:33
Got the heater fired up today,might have to do some baked potatoes.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 22:32
Bloody hell, that will cost more to run than fuel for the bike!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 22:36
Runs on waste oil so basically free, the company I used to work for will let me have any quantity of waste oil I want and pretty much any garage will give it away.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 23:09
I thought they had banned the use of waste oil burners?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 23:10
Not for private use.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 14:41
Ah, that makes sense  Wink
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 14:56
Awesome!

The stuff dreams are made of.

Used to have an oil burner in the workshop years gone by. It chucked some heat out. We used to fire it up and wheel the tool boxes in front of it, first thing in the morning in the winter, because the spanners were too cold and the thermostat was dodgy.
Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic