rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lowest mileage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lowest mileage?
    Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 15:41
Not total mileage but just annual

Just had the Tuono Mot'd and I found I'd used it quite a lot more than I thought

My guess was 250 miles tops but it turns out I'd done a massive 442 miles since the last test Shocked

Two bikes and done less than 450 miles !!

Definitely time to think about selling at least the T Cry

Plus the insurance has gone up from a just about fair £92 per year to a staggering £123 without any apology Angry

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 17:07
My rsv has done 11 mikes in last 2 years. Don’t get time to use it, GS is just so much easier to live with if I get the urge.
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 20:12
700 but a 100 was at the donnington day, I hate working away from home 
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 20:57
Yup I’m at zero for this year on 2 bikes 

Last year was 500 and 465 was one run the rest was too and from the Mot.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 21:40
I'll bear these comments in mind when my Mrs next asks why I have two bikes 

It's obviously quite normal usage LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Strangler View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strangler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 23:07
Damn !!!! Mines far from low, easily 10k a year for me, 99 rsv serviced every 6 months, I sold my last bike with 85k on the clocks
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:26
My majour issues this year were working away a lot  ( I ve had over 65 flights in the last 12 months ) and when I was home I landscaped the garden  which ment that I could not get the bikes out due to building materials  . I might manage to get a run  in the next 4 weeks   - I'll keep you posted   :0)
Motkram View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motkram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 14:05
Done 500 miles on my rgv250 in 10 years!

Probably about the 300 on the rsv in the 3 odd years I've had it.

I promise to use them next year.. RSV is going to the isle of man anyways 😁
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 18:11
My Daytona has done around 500miles a year by the previous owner, a couple of years it had done 3! First weekend I had it and 650miles later I was hooked on it. Get out there and ride . Zax you can ignore the comment I made in the dent thread forgot about the building works in the garden Shocked
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
PaulW View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 08:47
On my 01, zero miles this year. Same as the year before, and the year before that. In fact I last rode it, to Snett., in 2015. Pitiful. My Triumph has 1400 (fourteen hundred) miles from new, it’s a 57 plate. 
I do more miles walking to the toilet in weatherspoons than road riding these days......
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 16:28
i got my 02 RSVR with just under 10k, and that was a little over a year ago, since then i have done 6 trackdays and done just over 6k

i have definitely put her through her paces and its a solid daily.

Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 10:47
Got my 2002 with just under 12k a year ago and now just over 12k .. I was riding out with a mate .. but he’s buggered off abroad .. so I just ride around local roads which is sort of fun, but a bit pointless after a while .. back to where I was when I sold my original 2002 bike.
JimmyV4 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 17:16
Originally posted by Pwahmille Pwahmille wrote:

Got my 2002 with just under 12k a year ago and now just over 12k .. I was riding out with a mate .. but he’s buggered off abroad .. so I just ride around local roads which is sort of fun, but a bit pointless after a while .. back to where I was when I sold my original 2002 bike.

there are a few local lads from around our ways we should sort a suffolk and norfolk meet and greet out.

i would be up for it.
Pwahmille View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwahmille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 18:45
Yes that would be good always a challenge to arrange a date and venue and second guess the weather 😂🌪🌊💨🌞
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2019 at 19:06
If its mid week I'm there although no ape anymore I'm afraid. 
Charlton View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 07:18
Hi, well it’s been a very long lay-off for me. RSV1000R 2006 purchased in 2009 with 8k. MOTD March 2011 with 9,600 miles and finished up storing bike for the winter covered up in the garage with about 10,150 on it. My mate stopped riding that year then the bike suffered an intermittent electrical fault (now there’s a surprise!) and so sat since then on a sorn, totally unused with battery removed and oiled up until October this year. 

A nearby neighbour got himself an early 2000 GSXR this summer and I had seen him tinkering away the hours in his garage, cleaning and servicing his new bike. Since I now have time on my hands as I am semi-retired I realised I was missing a trick as I used to love biking. So got her out, cleaned her up and sent her to local bike shop to get her up and running with new MOT. A week later, fully serviced, new brake pads, battery and all fluids changed, she was back up running and MOTD. Back in love with the bike again I finally found the intermittent fault. The bike would start and run until it reached 75 C or thereabouts and then occasionally cut out and wouldn’t restart until cold. After a very long list of checks a multimeter showed zero Ohms between ground and battery when cold but finally I checked again as soon as it cut out at 75C and the ground had gone open circuit. I decided the earth strap from the battery to the engine must of had a fracture or something because the connections were solid at both ends. Bought a set of upgraded starter cables from AP, fitted the new ground cable and now it’s runs like a dream. Still got to fit the positive cables which I will do sometime soon. In the mean time I have bought and fitted a USA stand (what a difference it’s way better) glossy carbon rear hugger and upper and lower chain guards, adjustable clutch and break levers and cleaned and polished to my hearts content. The bike is still on a sorn but will be back on the road in the spring. I have therefore covered zero miles since the end of summer 2011. 
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 09:35
Hope the back on the road prep included new tyres.
People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
Charlton View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 10:03
Definitely will be changing tyres. Going to look what deals there are in the New Year. 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 18:58
Originally posted by Charlton Charlton wrote:

Hi, well it’s been a very long lay-off for me. RSV1000R 2006 purchased in 2009 with 8k. MOTD March 2011 with 9,600 miles and finished up storing bike for the winter covered up in the garage with about 10,150 on it. My mate stopped riding that year then the bike suffered an intermittent electrical fault (now there’s a surprise!) and so sat since then on a sorn, totally unused with battery removed and oiled up until October this year. 

A nearby neighbour got himself an early 2000 GSXR this summer and I had seen him tinkering away the hours in his garage, cleaning and servicing his new bike. Since I now have time on my hands as I am semi-retired I realised I was missing a trick as I used to love biking. So got her out, cleaned her up and sent her to local bike shop to get her up and running with new MOT. A week later, fully serviced, new brake pads, battery and all fluids changed, she was back up running and MOTD. Back in love with the bike again I finally found the intermittent fault. The bike would start and run until it reached 75 C or thereabouts and then occasionally cut out and wouldn’t restart until cold. After a very long list of checks a multimeter showed zero Ohms between ground and battery when cold but finally I checked again as soon as it cut out at 75C and the ground had gone open circuit. I decided the earth strap from the battery to the engine must of had a fracture or something because the connections were solid at both ends. Bought a set of upgraded starter cables from AP, fitted the new ground cable and now it’s runs like a dream. Still got to fit the positive cables which I will do sometime soon. In the mean time I have bought and fitted a USA stand (what a difference it’s way better) glossy carbon rear hugger and upper and lower chain guards, adjustable clutch and break levers and cleaned and polished to my hearts content. The bike is still on a sorn but will be back on the road in the spring. I have therefore covered zero miles since the end of summer 2011. 

You winLOL
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 21:15
Originally posted by Charlton Charlton wrote:

Bought a set of upgraded starter cables from AP, fitted the new ground cable and now it’s runs like a dream. Still got to fit the positive cables which I will do sometime soon. In the mean time I have bought and fitted a USA stand (what a difference it’s way better)

Maybe the best two reliability mods you can get. USA stands hard to come by and expensive, but mine gives me so much more confidence that it will still be upright when I get back to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic