rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Southwest Memorial Ride September 21st

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screenee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southwest Memorial Ride September 21st
    Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 22:21
Hi all new to the forum. Not new to riding. 

In memorial of a great friend Warren.

Many of us take part in a local meetup and ride around some of Somerset and Devon's best roads.. the Group of Current and Former SV1000 owners meet at Tesco Superstore, Castle St, Taunton TA1 4AB at 9am for a 9:30 departure (No fuel station here) 8:30 for inaugural big boys breakfast. 

Depending on numbers split into three/four groups. Then take in the scenery.. I'll be leading group 2 at a moderate to brisk pace. Stopping at road junction checkpoints to gather up. All riders welcome. We collect a small contribution for a charity called Jerimiahs journey. This was Warren's favourite charity.

Hope to see some of you there. 
Many thanks 
John (Screenee)
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 19:23
Welcome John Handshake

You're very welcome although I have a feeling you may have fallen into the same mistake as several others over the years,this is an Aprilia forum for the RSV as opposed to the Suzuki SV R forum.

Apologies if that's not the case

I guess that as I'm one of the earliest members on the SV Portal,I bought the second bike the local shop received back in '03.

Not thought about Warren for a few years since the Portal went all American and the oldies moved on one by one .

Warren was a good bloke and a mod on the Portal,also a good friend and great drinking buddy on the Sv national meets when we first started them in Cirencester.

It was very sad when we learnt of his passing,especially due to the circumstances and the behavior of his widow after the event.

R.I.P Skidz,   you checkout the best riding roads wherever you are and get the beers in ready for the old gang when we arrive Party       

Beer from Kilo 

Just remember to lay off Pete's Absinthe and Chilli concoction LOL

Should any of our guys in the area want a good rideout in the area with similar V twins I can recommend this bunch 

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Screenee View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screenee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 08:55
Hi Kilo. 

No mistake. I'm also a member of the SV Portal. Just spreading the love. The rideout has kind of turned into a BMW RS owners group by all accounts. But the stalwart SV1000 owners still turn up in numbers too.

All the best Screenee (John)
Spills kill don't drop your pint off a balcony.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 11:51
Ahha,that'll no doubt be Andy W's doing then? Wink

Not seen him since the Telford rideout,is Emma still onboard?

Back in the day the Portal was THE best place to be online

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Screenee View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Screenee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 11:56
Nah Not Andy W he's sporting a KTM 1290 Superduke GT.. I think it's Johnny Bravo and a few other. Stuart aka Valves has swapped SV for modern day DL 1000.. 

Will you be down for this or too far away?? 

Cheers 
John

Spills kill don't drop your pint off a balcony.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 12:32
To far for me,although I was down in that part of the world with the family in the car on holiday recently and enjoyed it.

I seldom ride these days tbh,got two bikes and did less than 450 miles last year.

I doubt there's anyone I know still around on the Portal either,most had already moved on when I last looked in.

Back in the mid 2000's the Portal was an amazing place to hang out and the get together's and rideouts were epic,but people soon began to move away as far better bikes came along.

I'm surprised that anyone would still actually want to ride one given the modern alternatives,I know once I got my Mille the Sv never got used and was offloaded as soon as I could shot.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic