FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Royal Enfield Special Racer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Royal Enfield Special Racer
    Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 15:53
Originally posted by Ice-mille Ice-mille wrote:

Now that is just one cool ride

Cheers!
2008 Tuono 1000R in Orange
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2020 at 11:07
Now that is just one cool ride
Shake'n bake
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 20:29
Cheers chaps, the pace of the Enfields certainly surprised many of us and having riders that can slide into turns and ride within touching distance of each over and swap places for laps on end certainly helped with the image!
I'm certainly a fan of trying to go fast on lower capacity bikes, however not enough to have one instead of the Tuono. Maybe as a secondary...
For now, once the crashed one has been bolted back together, only these two will exist for journos etc to ride should it be wanted but I certainly want to have a proper go on one. Shuttling them to and from photo shoots ain't quite gonna pop the cherry!
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 09:39
Great stuff Lammy.

When can we have a go on it?

roboxm3 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roboxm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2019 at 09:12
I was at the Bike Shed Festival with my brother; we both thought those bikes looked great up close and they certainly went well out on the track!!
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 22:26
I really like the look of them bikes.
Slower bikes are actually a lot of fun, as I recently found out when I sold my tuono and just happened to come across a nice  sv650n,  hadn't planned on buying one, I'll tell you one thing they are a deceiving  bike great fun.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 22:10
Well done Lammy that's some achievements. The bike's look great and I'll be honest I'm surprised also that they done so well sp thats a testament to the work you guys put in. I'll have to show the old man when I see him next never knew an Enfield could be " quick " Top work Clap
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2019 at 22:04
5 months on from the showing of the aforementioned custom Continental GT at the Bike Shed, quite a bit has gone on! Most of which has been work in the background but it can be summarised as 2 points:

1) The build process video of the custom Bike Shed bike went live a week or so ago as filmed, edited and published by Bennetts' Bike Social on their website and YouTube. I even get a pop up name card, the joy! Anyway, for those with 15mins to spare, have at it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9WJrKf_SrY&t=1s

2) As was previously hinted at by the press gubbins and the custom project as a whole, the custom bike was just the start. Last weekend (5th-6th Oct '19), it was finally time to show off the bit of the project I was most looking forward to, going racing! And to do so, 2 more bikes were built but this time, no chopping frames or putting silly pipes on it, instead it was taking the stock bike and bolting on all the right goodies and making it work well and work fast! 
The event was some low level racing at the Bike Shed Festival at Lydden Hill where anyone could apply to enter with classes based on rider ability and bike type (cafe racer, cruiser, naked and with rookie and rapids divisions). Most people there in the quick divisions were on 1200 Thruxtons, R9T's modified Street Triples, even a former WSBK ZXR750. Quite unexpectedly, the wee 650 Enfield's won everything they entered and got a 1-2 in all but one race they were both in! Of course, good riders and a short 1mile track helped us but it certainly surprised me of their pace!
Anyway, pictures speak louder than words so I'll leave you with these, enjoy!
(Pics are compressed for this sites image files size restrictions, better pics are on the Royal Enfield social medias, their Facebook post from 9th has some nice ones https://www.facebook.com/RoyalEnfieldUK/?brand_redir=130157783693645)

Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 20:08
Originally posted by A82addict A82addict wrote:

That's very nice mate, get that into production I'd say

Cheers. I very much doubt this one will make it; the mods in material value alone cost over 2x the bike's worth!

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

looks great, I really like the Enfield my dad has a 350 bullet and its hilarious to ride.......until you need to stop!

Yes, I've ridden both the 500 and 350's (hard to feel the difference between very lazy and extraordinarily lazy engine!) at length and I was pleasantly surprised. Don't get me wrong, they're not good bikes but I guess being cheap and not trying to be anything more than a heavy raw lump make them great fun to hustle! If you think the brakes on that are bad, don't sling a leg over the 1st offering of the Himalayan!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 11:14
looks great, I really like the Enfield my dad has a 350 bullet and its hilarious to ride.......until you need to stop!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 22:08
That's very nice mate, get that into production I'd say
Lammy View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 20:04
As some of you chaps know, I work for Royal Enfield and for the last however many months, I've been working on a special custom project heavily in tandem with Harris performance based on the latest RE Continental GT650 that was shown off to the world for the first time on Friday at the Bike Shed Show in London. It may or may not be of interest but I'll put some pics up here as unlike many custom bikes out there, it actually runs and has been tracked. Also, it's been setup to run and ride and perform well, not just whack some gold, brand names and money at it and call it a day. There should be some actual video stuff out soon but yeah, a new super twin in the world!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic