rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DogBones

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DogBones
    Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 17:08
Not sure if these are widely known,if so I apologise  for  duplicating it

If it was getting a new genuine part or one of these I know which I'd get
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 14:43
How much are the OEM for comparison? Looking on aprilia genuine parts it looks like it's not available anymore.

Kind of related (but not really), do you know anything about linear linkages? You always hear about superbike teams using them for much better performance on track but I don't have any idea what the difference is.

I came across a really high spec build that mentions one but I don't know how you'd get one:

"Joining the TTX36 shock is of course our Ultra Linear Linkage, this combination will improve the handling of both shock and bike."

Do you know if it's something to do with the length of the dog bone or the shape of the triangle plates?

legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 15:52
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

"Joining the TTX36 shock is of course our Ultra Linear Linkage, this combination will improve the handling of both shock and bike."

You know of course that is marketing speak for 'You must buy one'!
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 16:14
Ha yeah I don't think anything from Spoon Valley Racing is going to be reasonably priced. Just been reading the build thread for that bike over at AF1 and he spent hundreds on a pair of wire snips. Completely out of touch with reality. Or at least the reality of a poor Yorkshireman with a mortgage and a newborn LOL

Still interested to learn how you'd make a linkage linear. I understand how springs are made progressive/linear rate, but have trouble getting my head around rear linkages.

redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 16:45
all to do with the ratios I would have thought between the dog-bone and linkages.

as for that build £8.5k ohlins forks should set the scene and probably the same on electronics

Joakim certainly has expensive tastes

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 17:07
I can recommend Dales/Racetorxs quality. If the chain adjusters with lifters and shift supports and ti nuts are anything to go by, the dogbones should be the dogs (see what I did there)

He did say that he was going to do some gen 1 dogbones at some point.

@ Mark, he certainly does...
Question everything.
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 17:13
Linear is not really a true representation as it’s not linear no matter what the dog bone etc is. What they mean is that it’s less progressive than oem so  “ more linear” not actually linear.  The oem rising rate has to cater for potential 2 up and luggage etc whereas a more track orientated setup need only cater for the rider and bike.  

The upshot being more of the suspension stroke is usable before it ramps up and becomes harsh. 

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 20:23
Also I believe they don't make them anymore which gives you an idea of price and potential sales Ouch

Works of art though Clap

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic