rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Sale, Swaps and Wants > Aprilia parts for sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1060 BB engine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1060 BB engine
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:02
Guys,

Been asked to do a favour for a lad who aint a member. He's breaking his Gen 2 big bore. Most of the bits are already gone but he's still got the engine available.
It's a 1060, 28k miles, 144bhp with dyno readout as proof . No clutch as the slipper was sold separate. Clean as a whistle and pulls likes a train (his words not mine).
He's after £900 which once you consider the price to buy a kit and all that's involved seems pretty fair to me.
If you're interested send me a PM and I'll pass over the contact details. I'm 8 hours ahead of UK time at the moment but will get back to you as soon as I can.....might be asleep Sleepy
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 12:59
Is this the one on Facebook?? 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 13:05
Yes, same one Mark. I got the forks off him today as original buyer had messed him around about money.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 14:34
Originally posted by deloco7 deloco7 wrote:

Yes, same one Mark. I got the forks off him today as original buyer had messed him around about money.
nice one 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 15:11
Did Dean say when it was built Del?

It's on the money. I got mine for 850. Then 100 for the Throttle bodies and 15 quid for the headers. Only the dyno and 2 trackdays on it.

Question everything.
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 23:01
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Did Dean say when it was built Del?

It's on the money. I got mine for 850. Then 100 for the Throttle bodies and 15 quid for the headers. Only the dyno and 2 trackdays on it.

He never said when it was built Rick and I forgot to ask him. Reckons 2700 to buy and get the kit fitted so really, you're picking up a ready built BB engine for a third of the cost (plus a clutch of course). If it was a straight swap into a G1, I would have had it off him, but perfect for a G2 owner or someone handy enough on the tools to make it fit a G1.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 23:04
hmmmmmm temptation........trackbike or 1060Confused
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 15:24
it’s tempting as always regretted selling my bigbore engine 

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
mixdrive1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixdrive1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 15:52
What year engine is it?
current;2001mille,2003R,2003Eddy,2012Tuono. Previous RS250,2006Factory,2001mille,2001R and 2x2002mille
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 20:10
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

You know you want it.... Big smile

Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Which will give you more happiness Adam?

A consideration may be that trackbikes come up all the time, but gen 2 1060 bb's don't so much?

Always happy to help people spend their money wisely Wink
Question everything.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 20:11

1060 IN trackbike ...Evil Smile
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 20:13
Makes perfect sense to me LOL

Question everything.
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 23:25
Originally posted by mixdrive1 mixdrive1 wrote:

What year engine is it?

mixdrive1, 

Its a 2007 bike so assuming its the engine from that bike but cant say for sure.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:34
Question everything.
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:51
Yep pretty sure thats the same engine - going for more than he wanted  initially so thats good. I see a gen 1 1060 motor up for sale just now too - tempted but just bought radial Ohlins (from same seller as the Gen 2 BB) so been an expensive month.....however, you never know.
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:54
I saw someone mentioning they had a gen 1 bb for sale, but no details Del. Will have a bit of a look for it in a bit, just out of interest.
Question everything.
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 10:57
Its one of Griffs Rick, lads done about 10k on it since fitted and no problems. he's not after crazy money either IIRC
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:31
I saw a gen 1 bb on ebay the weekend think he's asking £2900 for it 
aaressveeguy View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 11:39
Tell, me how does a bigbore affect insurance premium given it increases power by more than 10%?
Or no one bothers to declare to insurer?
I am looking to do a tail swap on my cbr600f from the banana seat to the split seat and this requires a subframe from the cbr600 FS model(very popular swap).
These are all oem parts and simple bolt on affair but this is still modification from oem specification, so was thinking what would an insurance company say if I declare given it has no bearing on performance.
Sorry for deviating from topic....
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 15:52
Regarding insurance,how would you/they quantify this is different to an old service rebore back in the day? as I recall +0.060"  (1.5mm) was common

The barrel was scored ( your Honour Wink)  I bored it enough to save them Big smile

I know the answer but put the question out for discussion anyway
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 16:50

I saw someone mentioning they had a gen 1 bb for sale, but no details Del. Will have a bit of a look for it in a bit, just out of interest.
yep he came to me for advice on prices for all his bits

Jamie is his name I put the engine at 750-950 depending on mileage etc and told him to watch the ebay auction of the gen2 as a guide

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 17:07
That's about right Mark. Cheap when you think how much they cost to build.

Was expecting a few last second cheeky bids , but no stayed at 970
Question everything.
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 19:12
The Gen 2 never sold - winning bidder instantly sent a message saying forgot to cancel the bid a few days ago. Typical fleabay....
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2019 at 21:02
Honestly, what are they like today, feeling ok to mess everyone about? Shocked

Question everything.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 15:04
was just wondering that hit £970 but today it is relisted as a £1k buy it now

Nearly 3k for the big bore work  ???    AP charge approx. 1700 I think ..so not sure where his extra money went

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 16:53

You know you want it.... Big smile

Which will give you more happiness Adam?

A consideration may be that trackbikes come up all the time, but gen 2 1060 bb's don't so much?

In all honesty I get a lot of enjoyment from the stock motor and I really fancy something different to abuse and tinker with after owning aprilia twins for the last 8 years.  I was very tempted but not this time. Also the guy completely ignored me when I was trying to buy some of his other parts for sone reason.

Always happy to help people spend their money wisely Wink
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 17:02

was just wondering that hit £970 but today it is relisted as a £1k buy it now

Nearly 3k for the big bore work  ???    AP charge approx. 1700 I think ..so not sure where his extra money went

Not sure what AP charge for their BB kits, its not advertised on their page - I thought it was about £1500 to buy but then it needs to be fitted etc. That was a few years ago. Unless they do a ride in ride out service for £1700 - which seems unlikely.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 17:06
pretty sure that was ride in ride out

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 17:16
Your right Mark it was I enquired about it a couple of years ago. Only extra cost was mapping and a power commander 5 . 
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2019 at 17:18
In that case its a very good price. I seen a few asking on the page this week - theres a Gen 2 in getting a BB but nobody would say a price in the comments. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic