rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > V4 Tuono > V4 Tuono.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

hi everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HIGGSPEED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hi everyone
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 08:07
Hi Guys n girls,
                     just thought i would say hello. i have just registered on here as i have just bought a tuono v4 factory. (seem to be popular on here Tongue)

so, i was looking for a secondhand one 17 plate onwards (like the green sticker on the back LOL) ,but the dealers all wanted crazy prices for them, so i have bit the bullet and bought a new one. I am hanging on to register it on the 1st march, so i have an agonising wait for a few weeks looking at it in my workshop Confused

it is not too bad, as the weather and more importantly the roads are crap right now.so a few more weeks i can live with as the roads might be better then. Still got other bikes to ride till then. so i wont be off the road completely. 

my bike is an '18 model with free akrapovic can and map. Annoyingly though, it doesnt have the green bit on the back ,so i have ordered them with the dealer and i will be fitting them before it goes on the road. I just think it looks better with the green bit on the seat. 

While i was picking it up from the dealer, he tempted me with some trick painted belly pan feom an RSV which he said he could fit for me. I couldnt resist so i got him tp put it on. It needs a little finishing on the side though. I dont know whether to just trim the locating tabs off and paint the top edge black or try and make some kind of finishing panel to go on top of it. 
anyway here is a picture to show you what i mean. 

what do you guys think?

cheers

David

www.higgspeed.com the sound of the '70s
deloco7 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deloco7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 09:01
Welcome and beautiful bike.

I agree about the green in the decals - for me it makes the bike stand out more, although to be fair its a cracking looking bike as standard. Good choice with the Akra can too.

Going to be a long 6 weeks waiting for it to be legal but should definitely be worth the wait Thumbs Up
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 15:51
Welcome in mate Big smile

Yes the green works for me Thumbs Up
Question everything.
HIGGSPEED View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HIGGSPEED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 10:37
thanks guys. yes it has to be green, but i have also now noticed the side panels on the 2018 rsv4 are much nicer too . where can i get the stickers or do i have to buy side panels complete? do they even fit??

badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 14:17
welcome along that's a stunner 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 16:51
imageworks give em a ring nice bike id like a go on one of them
Add74238 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Add74238 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 19:02
Now that’s bloody lovely. Fair play
HIGGSPEED View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HIGGSPEED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 22:41
thanks guys. I use image works regularly and they were my first call, but they don't do them. I guess I will have to get them painted. 
simt1100 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simt1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2019 at 16:08
I Have a couple of the Carbon ears that bolt onto the Belly pan to finish it of they are made in the USA mine are not used , I also have bolts cap screws etc to fit you can have the lot for £60 pm me if interested
Simon Cotswolds UK 17 Factory
HIGGSPEED View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HIGGSPEED Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 11:57
thanks Simon Thumbs Up but i have made some now . 
i have also discovered that you can buy the midpanel in the pictures above from fowlers. i just ordered a pair. should be here tomorrow. i will post a pic when they are on. 
TimmoV4 View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimmoV4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2019 at 21:03
Hi David, nice looking machine am a new owner myself just picked mine up yesterday ... what a weapon 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic