rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Your Bike
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to RSV-R Ownership.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 22:33
Originally posted by Stevex Stevex wrote:

Originally posted by david000 david000 wrote:

The think I would really like to improve is the clutch lever weight. I've read about different upgrades - do they work ?  Mine has a bembo master.

Fit an Oberon or MPL slave cylinder. They have larger pistons in them, so the lever effort required is less than standard. Down side is the clutch push rod doesn't get pushed in as far but you can slightly alleviate this by increasing the lever span. 
I've got the Oberon fitted to my Gen 1 T and I've used the MPL on a previous Aprilia, both do the job well.

I fitted an MPL slave to mine and it made a noticeable difference. I actually measured the lever effort and, from memory, it reduced the force required by 25% and it certainly isn't just a marginal amount
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:06
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Stock stand is fine on mine  LOL

Maybe it was changed before you got it then as it would be strange to say this if the OE item was still fitted as they are a serious liability.

blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 10:28
Well as it is my first bike and I'm a new rider I used to joke it saw greater lean angles on the side stand than with me riding it.

It looked a lot more precarious that it was. First few weeks I woudn't let go of the bike without giving it a good wobble first to reassure myself it was stable. Sure it can be improved for £100 but you'd also get a day at Cadwell or Angelsey for that.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2018 at 22:54

First few weeks I woudn't let go of the bike without giving it a good wobble first to reassure myself it was stable. Sure it can be improved for £100 but you'd also get a day at Cadwell or Angelsey for that.

Then I guess it is still the OE one. But a few quid saved now may cost a whole lot more later, just look at the comments on this thread (And many others that a quick search will find). However, if you're ok with it as it is then that's all that matters
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 09:23
True, it is insurance I guess.

I imagine I'm more likely to drop it by forgetting to put the stand down before coming off a paddock stand. Done that a few times and it's amazing how heavy the bike suddenly becomes when you're trying to hold it upright from behind the tail!
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2018 at 10:41
LOL
david000 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 22:28
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I fitted an MPL slave to mine and it made a noticeable difference. I actually measured the lever effort and, from memory, it reduced the force required by 25% and it certainly isn't just a marginal amount

Easy fit ?
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 05:25

True, it is insurance I guess.

I imagine I'm more likely to drop it by forgetting to put the stand down before coming off a paddock stand. Done that a few times and it's amazing how heavy the bike suddenly becomes when you're trying to hold it upright from behind the tail!

position yourself to the right of the bike as you pull the paddock stand up with the bikes stand down, the only way it will fall is onto the stand as your body will stop bike falling the other way
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 11:29
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

position yourself to the right of the bike as you pull the paddock stand up with the bikes stand down, the only way it will fall is onto the stand as your body will stop bike falling the other way

Yeah good tip.

I meant on occasions where I thought the kick stand was down. I dropped it off the paddock stand and started lowering it left onto the stand until I realised the stand was still up. The point I realised this was when the bike had gone just beyond the angle it would normally rest on the stand. Then while still stood behind it had to bring it back upright from a fairly heft angle. Gave me a similar panic to what you get hitting a false neutral on the entry to a corner haha
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2018 at 14:04
That is a good tip Colin, and if I'm honest I don't do that ....... of course if you are on the RH side you are less likely to notice the stand isn't down until it's too late!

Blender81 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blender81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 22:51
Blackbirds stands are solid and fit with a minor tweak to stop the stand from coming up to rest as far as the standard stop allows, and are available for £30ish
wfc-james View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfc-james Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 09:22
lovely bike, mate!
James
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 18:26
Lovely bike!
Congrats!

+10 on the sidestand.
I swapped mine after the horse had bolted.
My Tuono got blown over by the wind.
Cost over £600 to fix.
Don't skimp on the better stand, it'll be worth every penny.

Forgot to say, with the crappo euro stand, the bike will actually fall over if the rear tyre loses pressure.
Another good reason to swap.
Roger Ramjet View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Ramjet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 18:49

Welcome! If it hasn't been already recommended, Griff's rear sets in black would look excellent and are a great common sense extra. Looks a lovely bike - you'll have a great 2019!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic