rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xmas draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 08:07
Yep, thanks to Griff and AP. Just hope he didn't feel pressured into it after we were mourning the loss of AP activity on here. Certainly for myself - and I suspect a few others - seeing them pop in here from time to time would mean more than the raffle prize, welcome though it certainly is.
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 08:29
Big smile

Ooh an Xmas draw ! 
Hopefully the internet on the drilling rig I’m heading out to for Xmas and probably new year ( I have been stitched up btw)  is good enough to see the draw .  

Good luck to all
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 08:58
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Yep, thanks to Griff and AP. Just hope he didn't feel pressured into it after we were mourning the loss of AP activity on here. Certainly for myself - and I suspect a few others - seeing them pop in here from time to time would mean more than the raffle prize, welcome though it certainly is.

I agree,   but they are so busy! 
I check in usually twice a day, but I don't post that often as I don't have the excellent knowledge you all have on here.
I hopefully start putting the Ape back together in the new year from a new frame up rebuild, so I will  probably asking for loads of advice/help once i start!! Thumbs Up
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
aaressveeguy View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:00
But how to become a premuim member. I know one can join as, but can normal membnership be converted to premium?
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:27
Re Ap don’t forget that Griff is now the main workhorse there as Lewis  and Al are no longer there.  

Premium membership is technically suspended as part of membership was a section of the forum supported by AP for technical questions etc.   As that stopped happening it seemed unfair to offer it. 

I can link u to the join page as long as your happy to join on the basis I mentioned above. 
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 10:34
twinfan I did this a couple f years ago

I found that 90% of the bike went back together in about 10% of the rebuild time  you think wow this is easy then the last 10% took 90% of the time 

I would use a white marker for every bolt you torque up so that a quick visual can see what is done .. something I didn’t think about till after .

Although I did have labels on stuff that had been put together finger tight 

In fact I will be doing it again next year as I will slowly piece the Mille back together again after I broke it up 3 months after the rebuild

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
twinfan View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twinfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 12:18
Thanks Red good advice that (will be doing it) and sorry to Hi jack thread
on my licence it says "tear down the dotted line" so I DO!
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 16:05
what's happened to the lads at AP? Have they left?
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 16:35
Is he down to a 1 man band? 
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 16:38
Yes, Lewis and al both moved on let’s say. 
Griff is main spanner monkey with 1 other and Taz does the admin. 
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 17:06
Sorry to hear that.

The Main dealer nearest to me now only has one person I know now apart from the boss.

Used to know loads of them but they all left for various reasons

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 17:13
Originally posted by twinfan twinfan wrote:

I check in usually twice a day, but I don't post that often as I don't have the excellent knowledge you all have on here.
I hopefully start putting the Ape back together in the new year from a new frame up rebuild, so I will  probably asking for loads of advice/help once i start!! Thumbs Up

Maybe do a thread on your rebuild? We all love stuff like that Approve

(Also, bagsy number 7 LOL )

Question everything.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 20:45
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Originally posted by twinfan twinfan wrote:

Maybe do a thread on your rebuild? We all love stuff like that Approve

(Also, bagsy number 7 LOL )

Nicking my lucky no7 Ricky 😂
born ugly what's your excuse!!
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 20:47
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

The Main dealer nearest to me now only has one person I know now apart from the boss.

Which one Ian, woods or that cowboy outfit in Denbigh?  Sorry to hear Lewis and Al left AP
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 21:12
Lewis and al work at pcr performance now.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 21:28
I didn't know about Lewis and Al, no wonder Griff is run off his feet . He must be struggling to keep up or taking in much less work.

Seems a shame as they appeared to be such a good team but it sounds like there is a little more to it.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 21:36
Clash of personalities I think.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 21:44
Oh well, it happens. Let's hope Griff can find some good help, it's never easy finding good staff, one in 5 if you're lucky in my experience.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2018 at 23:44
Originally posted by cwp cwp wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Which one Ian, woods or that cowboy outfit in Denbigh?  Sorry to hear Lewis and Al left AP

Woods,I went in for an Mot and found I only know Andrew the owner and Alan in the stores.  The rest of the guys have had enough and walked for various reasons I'm told.

A couple of the tec's went and started up an independent shop in Ruthin which is doing very well as lots of Woods customers went with the people they know and trust.  Lots cheaper as well I believe.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 02:53

Originally posted by cwp cwp wrote:

Sorry to hear that.

Woods,I went in for an Mot and found I only know Andrew the owner and Alan in the stores.  The rest of the guys have had enough and walked for various reasons I'm told.

A couple of the tec's went and started up an independent shop in Ruthin which is doing very well as lots of Woods customers went with the people they know and trust.  Lots cheaper as well I believe.

Ah yes moto r. We happened by the caff next to shop few years back and it was busy then. Good luck to them like
pantata View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pantata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2018 at 16:16
Shame about the staff shortage and now I feel guilty about ringing asking for advice all the time!! Well not all the time but occasionally lol

World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2018 at 22:33
Got premium membership! just googled the page. We all know my name is on that raffle. It’s destiny!
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 18:52
And the winner is ......... congrats. (will let Griff know tomorrow so don't try and order anything until then)

Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:04
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

excellent love a raffle.......never win but still love a raffle Big smile

Your lucks changed enjoy your spending spree.Smile
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 20:24
Congratulations Adam, some bling on the way or some service parts?

Appreciation again to Griff for the generosity.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 21:34
No way!!! That has definitely made my Xmas can't believe I've won it. Thank you Griff for the really ace prize, also Spoonz and all the people who keep this brilliant forum going Merry Christmas Smile
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaressveeguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 23:31
wow, congrats badapple. Not bad for an apple :D
Merry christmas. What are you getting then? I'd have went for the rearsets. I'd have......
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2018 at 23:54
Well done Adam , I hope you enjoy your prize. Hope to catch up with you on track next year somewhere Clap
Alwaduk View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwaduk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 10:53
Congratulation. See i told you i never win anything!
Thanks to Griff for the generosity and for all the rest of you for the info and knowledge to be found on here. 
Have a great Christmas and New year
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2018 at 15:29
Congrats  Thumbs Up

Thanks to Griff,Spoonz and all who made this happen  Clap

In fact thanks to all who make this place possible and may you all get the Christmas gifts you really want Big smile

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic