rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

decent run out!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decent run out!
    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 17:35
nice day and a good ride out today followed by a good clean/fettle/re lube ect
given it out nice tomorrow and weekend,
Winkshould be a few more days out on this superb bike before hibernation.

anyone else been out/making one over the weekend?
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 18:52
Yep, went out in the rain last Sunday on MrsR's striple should be out this week on the KTmmmmm. Looking like it will be dry.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 21:17
best biking year ive known for a long time and still getting out near the end of october,
cant grumble at that mate.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 21:26
For sure. Few of us down here been out all year. Some weekends were colder than was good but great rides. Me, Sabre, Stubsie & Bob been on it like a tramp on chips.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 21:29
You'll be looking forward to Christmas with the nipper, got a PW50 or TY80 lined up yet?
peach17 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peach17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 21:46
changed the sprockets on my rsvr today to 42 rear and 15 front. Was good to have the weather for a 45 min test ride
Peach17
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 22:15
Originally posted by davidrsurfer davidrsurfer wrote:

You'll be looking forward to Christmas with the nipper, got a PW50 or TY80 lined up yet?

not be long pal,his battery powered bike is to slow for him now,
uprated it from 12 to 24v,now he moans thats slow lol.

just got to get round his mother!!
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 22:32
Good to hear you've been out fellas. Im refusing to put mine away been using it pretty much daily rain or shine . Luke you said Matt its been the best year i can remember ! Me and a mate went out last week for the whole day . Tuesday, everyone else is at work and we were loving life. Glorious sunshine 20ish degrees and empty roads ABSOLUTE heaven!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 22:34
Ive got a 140cc pit bike for my girls but it's too fast for them . Think im going to keep it for me hehe sling it in tge back of the focus and bugger off tothe sticks.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 22:38
true mate,make the most of it,they reckon itll be as rough a winter as it was a nice summer.
hoping to get out the next 3 days.
not putting mine away till i realy have too.
theyre such fantastic riders bikes...once your on,you never want to get off ,
the handling and the torque and noise they make.
brilliant.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 23:06
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

true mate,make the most of it,they reckon itll be as rough a winter as it was a nice summer.
hoping to get out the next 3 days.
not putting mine away till i realy have too.
theyre such fantastic riders bikes...once your on,you never want to get off ,
the handling and the torque and noise they make.
brilliant.

Bang on dude. On Tuesday we had a little swap over. My mates got an 05plt R6 with a full akra system and quick shifter. After 5 miles I pulled over and wanted my spe back they are just awesome to ride. The R6 is as quick though once wound up bit it just feels cheap and fidgety ( is that a word????) He also loves the ape and very nearly bought one but he's got his sights on a zx10r I wont stand a chance against that.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 09:21
Well, AF1 has his  lovely RSVR for sale on here at a bargain price
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 09:32
zx10's are bat sh*t crazy,neighbour has an early modded metalic orange one,
sounds and goes like a jet,but its not for me.
ive always had an affection for r1's,as the 4xv was my 1st ever road bike,
but thats nostalgia more than anything else,
but they dont feel special like the mille does.

extra speed/bhp doesnt bother me,the milles by far fast enough for me,
id like to see my 6yr old grow up.

But the looks,sound,handling and parts fitted to the R model,i love looking at it as much as thrashing it.
NickB View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 19:01
Looking at new chain and sprockets for mine 15/42 did you use standard 110 link chain? Thanks
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 19:59
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Well, AF1 has his  lovely RSVR for sale on here at a bargain price
He doesn't like gen1 milles I've tried to get him to buy one before 
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 20:00
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

zx10's are bat sh*t crazy,neighbour has an early modded metalic orange one,
sounds and goes like a jet,but its not for me.
ive always had an affection for r1's,as the 4xv was my 1st ever road bike,
but thats nostalgia more than anything else,
but they dont feel special like the mille does.

extra speed/bhp doesnt bother me,the milles by far fast enough for me,
id like to see my 6yr old grow up.

But the looks,sound,handling and parts fitted to the R model,i love looking at it as much as thrashing it.

Totally agree mate
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 20:12
its true,ive had a zx12r which had some power,
but that tuned k1 gsxr1000 i bought scared the sh*t outa me ffs!
id have ended up dead or banned very soon,
it was an animal,and before you knew it,you were riding 30mph faster than your previous max,everywhere!
if its there,you use it,and that gixer is nothing compared to todays figures.
wasnt fun for me,i havent done trackdays for 7years...since my son was born.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 20:48
Very honest mate a lot of people wont admit to that just wave their willy around bragging about 180+bhp but I doubt many use it and if they did they'll end up in a hedge or prison! Our old twins are b road waepons loads of fun without having to go 100+ just hammering around the twistys using the drive they have. You should consider a trackday again mate I feel safer there than on a motorway. 
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 21:40
Good point, I use the striple quite a bit when its cold because it's got heated grips but enjoy the ride just as much. I loaned Sabre the katoooo for a trip down to Poole quay & I took the triple & felt I had the better deal!
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2018 at 22:17
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Very honest mate a lot of people wont admit to that just wave their willy around bragging about 180+bhp but I doubt many use it and if they did they'll end up in a hedge or prison! Our old twins are b road waepons loads of fun without having to go 100+ just hammering around the twistys using the drive they have. You should consider a trackday again mate I feel safer there than on a motorway. 

i use too ride like a knobber between 20 + 30yrs old,how i made it through,ill never know pal.
every road was the t.t course,anti social and a moron.
saw my pal crash in front of me and shatter his colar bone and write his r1 off.

now i just enjoy winding on and enjoying the torque and fast but safe progress and take it all in.
loving every moment of it all again.
keep threatening a cadwell or donnington again,may have to be my xmas gift for next year pal.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 14:29
Makes me laugh in town here as I'm labelled the slowest rider blah blah blah. I used to laugh at them and  go off on my own.  I enjoy my riding and I can have a blast at 80 so I don't need to go flat out everywhere.  I'm 52 and been riding since '95. Used to nail my bandit12 most of time way back in 99 until I sold it in 03 and that was a lot of fun but I still used to cruise most of time at 80mph. I'd love a sports bike but I'd never use it to its full capability. Mind you I love the 350lc etc and the late 70s early 80s superbikes. Roads around here are pretty twisty so I can have a smile on me face most of time and at sensible speed.  Just ride the torque and enjoy 😆. I know my limits and I'm happy with that. The heroes around here can do what they want it just don't bother with them 👍
born ugly what's your excuse!!
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 14:59
thats it mate,each too their own,theres times and places for giving it the beans,
most round here think thats everywere and all the time!

thats why i prefer to ride alone and at my own pace.
dont get me wrong,im no slouch and make rapid progress,
but as safely as poss.
since my lad was born 6yrs ago,i cherish life much more now.
i want to see him grow up and be there for him in times of need.
thats what steadied me down.and i enjoy more rides out more than ever,
but apart from the odd dumb driver pulling out/over taking on blind bends ect,
i dont come home now and think how the fook am i still alive.

the road conditions/traffic increase/bad drivers ect dont allow for that kind of riding anymore like it did 18yrs ago when i 1st took to the roads imho.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 20:31
I'm the same since my son came along 7 years ago. I used to take his mum (my ex) on pillion on the tuono so I was always nice and steady. She got rid of me lol but I'm still taking it easy cos like you,  I want to see my lad grow up. Bikes been off road this year so I'll be like a learner again next year lol. Still like to open it out when circumstances allow. I've never been a fast rider but I enjoy what I do when I'm out. And if there's opportunity to have a bit of safe progress then it would be rude not to my friend 😉
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 20:42
Did you get the rad sorted out mate pleased you managed to keep hold of the bike. 
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2018 at 21:19
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Did you get the rad sorted out mate pleased you managed to keep hold of the bike. 

Hi buddy.  Not done a thing with bike yet, unfortunately,  playing catch up with bills. However I'm hoping that the chink of light at the end of that long dark tunnel is getting bigger  and I can get rad/hoses sorted by Christmas and save up for service and getting them fitted at HQ  before season starts next year. Yes me mam who I'm caring for as you know, explained that it was my release from the stress of what I do for her. So that brief moments weakness of thinking of selling has gone lol. One step at a time like. Once I've sorted parts I'm half way there and a neighbour said he'd take it to AP for just diesel and hopefully fetch it so it's looking better than it did 6 month ago 😆
Wayneoh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayneoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 12:39
I find by far, nowadays, the single most significant factor in keeping me at, or around, the speed limits is all the bloody speed cameras everywhere.
I thought it was bad around the streets of Gtr Manchester before we moved and all the countryside around Lincolnshire would be speed freak heaven. But they still seem to be everywhere, hiding in the roadside trees and bushes, just ready to catch you that one time when you give it a bit in 2nd and enjoy the moment for just a second or two before glancing down at the speedo and noticing you`re well over the 60 limit.
Wayne.   2005 RSV1000R Red.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 15:16
Originally posted by Wayneoh Wayneoh wrote:

I find by far, nowadays, the single most significant factor in keeping me at, or around, the speed limits is all the bloody speed cameras everywhere.
I thought it was bad around the streets of Gtr Manchester before we moved and all the countryside around Lincolnshire would be speed freak heaven. But they still seem to be everywhere, hiding in the roadside trees and bushes, just ready to catch you that one time when you give it a bit in 2nd and enjoy the moment for just a second or two before glancing down at the speedo and noticing you`re well over the 60 limit.

Few years ago the b#$&*ds had a camera in a horse box around here (think it was north Wales somewhere). That can't be legal I'm sure. But I guess it's one rule for them......
Wayneoh View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayneoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 16:06
That`s sneaky even by Traffic Dept standards..!
Wayne.   2005 RSV1000R Red.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 17:03
yea,had the horse box and a fake blue painter and decorators van just outside matlock bath.
im just glad we havent had the undercover hayabusa ect round here yet!
ride up your arse to goad you into shaking them off.
seen it out louth way at a meet out there and a couple of fireblades.
that would be very bad indeed!
spiceweasel View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiceweasel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 20:04
I've been busad near york...3 accounts of 90+.....33 day ban no points though...He said my riding was good  but just to fast & laughed when I asked for a copy of the video..😂😂
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic