rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are People Not Buying Anymore ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are People Not Buying Anymore ??
    Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 13:12
Hi Everyone

Im trying to sell an aprilia on here http://www.rsvr.net/aprilia-rsvr-year-2000-for-sale_topic26932.html
no interest so far.Are people just not interested in older bikes anymore.Is the availability of cheap PCP finance on new bikes the cause as everyone seems to want to buy "new" these days.
Any advice/tips for selling would be appreciated.

Regards Matthew
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 13:23
First answer - Put it somewhere with more buyer specific traffic, but you have missed the spring selling season.
Second answer - I think it's over priced.

Yes it's very clean but extra's don't add much to a bikes value generally, so pricing is really based on the core bike more than anything else. Me personally that would be significantly less than you are asking.

Just my personal opinion though.
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 14:10
I'd agree with it being overpriced. 'Overpriced' in that the market won't pay that much for a pristine gen 1 Mille, not that the bike isn't worth it. It's a shame because it's a really beautiful bike and a lot of bike for the money.

You might have better luck on the Aprilia Performance facebook group, as well as eBay.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 17:10
ed Elliot just sold a mint black framed 03 R with radials etc last of the gen1's with lots of extra's including a full tigcraft for nigh on the same price so maybe your expectations are a little high.

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 19:16
just sold my pretty much mint 03 R (4 adverts down from yours in for sale section) for 3550. Your’s is too much right now and even if you drop the price it might not go because not too many people frequent this site

Good luck with the sale though, bike looks lovely
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 19:17
Take all your extras off put it back to standard and lower your price.

People will soon buy all the goodies.
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
rollercam View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 16:19
Hi thanks for all the comments  i can now see why people break/split these bikes for parts.It seems such a shame for a bike that has been looked after and had fortunes spent on it.I dont think these are destined to be future classics somehow.

Regards Matthew
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 16:34
You'll never be paid for all the love and £s you've put into your bike but you could always continue to enjoy it yourself. Bet it rides like a dream.

I figure with my bike it will either be flipped into a gravel trap or sold at a big loss because I found a different bike I want at all costs. The grass isn't always greener and the more love you put into a bike, the more you benefit in the ride. Having said that, life's too short to be sticking with a bike for years after you've lost interest in it just to avoid the hit of depreciation..

Either way, hope it finds a good home.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 16:38
Originally posted by rollercam rollercam wrote:

Hi thanks for all the comments  i can now see why people break/split these bikes for parts.It seems such a shame for a bike that has been looked after and had fortunes spent on it.I dont think these are destined to be future classics somehow.

Regards Matthew

I doubt it as well
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 16:51
 In 20 years the internal combustion engine will be virtually dead. Man will have changed to supposedly clean power. You will be severely restricted on the days you can use them, and have to pay huge taxes. The millions of bikes and cars that are no longer used will be recycled or a few in museums.
 The end of the 120 internal combustion age nigh ! Our governments will outlaw/tax/pressure their destruction. There are few bikes that will avoid their fate. Just because your bike won't sell at £4K is a fact of life, my 2001 rsvr with 1 previous owner and 10,000 miles on the clock cost me £2600. Lower your prices it will sell.
 Lots of new vehicles are being bought on PCP deals where for £100 a month or so you can get the latest bike/car every 2 to 3 years. In the usa most people are going PCP because you look flush with cash and ahead of your neighbours, image is everything. I work in sales and the company replaced their company cars EVERY year !
rollercam View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollercam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 17:40
Price has now been reduced.

Regards Matthew
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 22:50
machine the wheels 2.5mm each side or machine the calipers 2.5mm

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic