rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scottish RSV Clan gathering the 8th of July

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish RSV Clan gathering the 8th of July
    Posted: 31 Mar 2018 at 19:47
Meet up at Tyndrum, Green Welly for 11
Sunday the 8th of July, original june date clashed with IOM would be great to catch up again and meet some of the newer members..

Ride through Glencoe and around that way and take it from there.

Hope you can make it..
RollyRSV View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RollyRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 11:15
Count me in! 👍👍👍
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 17:43
Dates changed to 8th of July, same time same place, June date clashed with IOM it seems.. should be good..
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 20:09
Woohoo !

One of only two weekends of the year I could not make !

So now I’m in !

RollyRSV View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RollyRSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 22:17
arrrgggh I’m in Amsterdam that weekend for my pals stag.. bugger!
Slow is smooth and smooth is fast!
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 21:29
Changing roles at work so will need to see if I can get this off.
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 17:22
Stoked for this guys, can't wait. Gonna be a topper of a meet up!! Thumbs Up

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 17:43
Thought I'd bump this up gents, how many can we expect do you recon, really looking forward to this..
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 21:05
Facebook page event on the AP FB page showing 7 confirmed as going and 22 others interested. So it'll be interesting to see how many turn up.

It's been pointed out to me that the 8th clashes with BSB at Knockhill, is that a problem do you think? I'm easy about the date. I was supposed to be delivering one of the Biker Down courses on the 8th but I'm hoping another of my team can step in and cover for me.

If we get weather like we have been having, it'll be an awesome run out. Was thinking about routes. If we meet at Tyndrum we could either head up Glencoe and on to Oban or alternatively from Tyndrum head out the road to Inveraray which I rode last Sunday and its a nice route too. 

A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 16:43
That's the route I'd thought of, not to bothered about the BSB personally, I've did it every year for the last 6yrs so looking to do something different..Inveraray would be a good place to stop, there's a couple of good routes home from there depending on where folks travel from..I've a personal favourite coming down loch Eck to Dunoon and a short ferry crossing to Gourock, that's spectacular..
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 22:15
Open to suggestions m8, there's loads of good routes up around that way. I think since this is a bit of a 'one off' gathering that we should make a day of it and hit a decent length route.

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2018 at 16:52
Originally posted by RSV_Ecosse RSV_Ecosse wrote:

Open to suggestions m8, there's loads of good routes up around that way. I think since this is a bit of a 'one off' gathering that we should make a day of it and hit a decent length route.

I'm going to have to overnight somewhere anyway as I am heading down from the North East possibly I will head all the way up to Ullapoool /  Durness and back from there as I have not done that in a while .

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2018 at 22:49
I've switched our Biker Down course from the 8th to the 29th July so I'm good to go!! Thumbs Up I'll still be pestering you lot with Biker Down info at the meet up/ride out/clan gathering!!

BSB Knockhill round is on the 8th so roads may be slightly quieter.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2018 at 19:01
Ok, potentially going to have to swap the date yet again as some folk are complaining that it clashes with BSB at Knockhill. I'm open to suggestions folks, we've already changed the initial date due to clashes with the TT so lets decide on a date this time and stick to it. 29th July isn't good for me as I'm delivering Biker Down courses at Callander fire station that day.

It's make yer mind up time, folks. 

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 07:55
accommodation , booked 
Flight from Norway , booked so I’m in the country for the 8th

Pick the date , set it and that’s it . So people can get stuff arranged - then don’t change it . 

Angry

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 20:04
Date is the 8th Zax m8. There are a few who would rather go to watch BSB, which is cool. But changing the date to accommodate this isn't fair on those who have already committed to the 8th. So its staying as the 8th. Thumbs Up

For those who can't make it we can always organise another run in August. 

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2018 at 22:36
So who is still up for this folks? I'll post up further info on it all soon such as meeting points/times, route etc. Hope this one will result in a good turnout!!! Thumbs Up

aldorossi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldorossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 14:27
Aye, bursting for this. Hopefully be a large turnout. The sound of many ape's booming through the Scottish countryside is getting me moist lol
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 16:30
I’m flying back from Oslo for this - so I’m in !

Anyone else heading down from Aberdeen or further south give me a shout 
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2018 at 21:36
It's the 8th and its not changing at this late stage. really looking forward to it too..
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2018 at 20:30
Right gents, week tomorrow for the RSV gathering at Tyndrum 11am hope you can make it...
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 22:58
I’m heading down from Ellon for this if there is anyone thinking of going from Grampian or Tayside give me a shout if you want to meet up for the run through to the welly. 

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 08:22
Nice one dude. The FB Event page is showing 9 attending so far with 21 interested. Should be a decent run out. I posted up some guidelines on the ride, see below:-

Sundays Ride. I'm putting my Scottish Fire & Rescue 🚒 'Biker Down' Instructor' head on for this so lets see how this goes. I'm not the fastest dude on the road but I'm swift enough within reason. Be VERY aware that the route we are taking will not only be busy with traffic but also a number of areas along it are havens for my Police Scotland colleagues and Speed Camera Vans. There's a time and a place for swift riding. 30 and 40 zones are not that time or place. A few guidelines for the ride out:-

1. Everyone needs to have an awareness of the route. It's been posted already so read it and have a look on Google Maps to familiarise yourself with it. We cannot have folk turning up not knowing the route as this can lead to folk riding outwith their comfort zone to try and keep up if they lag behind. We will need a lead rider and a 'sweep' rider at the back. I'm happy to take the lead rider position. The lead rider will dictate the pace and now and again will pull over, slow down and indicate to others they should pass. When the last guy passes the lead rider, they will push back up to the front again and take the lead, the sweep rider will keep an eye on things at the back. I'd prefer it if the last 'sweep' rider was experienced. We can't have the slowest guy at the back, that's a recipe for disaster. *See Point #5

2. I'm advocating a 'No overtaking in the group unless the rider in front indicates to you they want you to'. Thoughts on that? I've seen too many 'blue on blue' collisions to know this is a reasonable rule to follow. Also, 'ride to the rider behind' - keep your eye on your buddy behind you, if you round a bend and accelerate on a straight, check for the guys behind you to see if he is still there. If he isn't after a reasonable time, slow down and observe until he comes into view. If he still doesn't come into view, slow right down, possibly even stopping to wait. Maybe even going back to check whats happening.

3. Ride in formation - The rider in front rides at the right side of centre position; the one behind him on the left side of the same position, the one behind him on the right side, etc. Keep reasonable distances between each other. NOT for corners, everyone pick their own line through corners.

4. Maintain observations at all times/shoulder checks and lifesavers. Use your own judgement when planning overtakes, don't play 'follow my leader' with the guy in front. Don't feel pressurised to 'keep up' - if the pace seems too quick, speak out, there's no shame in that - I've done it myself on a few group rides when the group has never ridden together before. Ride to your own capabilities.

5. If the group appears to get separated by say traffic lights, busy junctions etc, the lead rider and those behind him should pull in at a safe area ahead (lay-by or similar) and wait till the rest catch up.

6. We will discuss rest stops/fuel stops at Tyndrum before heading off so everyone is aware.

7. If anyone is going to leave the group ride and head off for home etc, please let us know before you bugger off. 

Guys, I hope I'm :-

A) Not teaching you to suck eggs
B) Sounding like a patronising ROSPA fluro yellow clad instructor

......but this is the first time we've all ridden together and as I'm sure you will all appreciate, group riding takes a bit more forethought and planning than nipping out for a quick bimble with a mate. Thumbs Up

A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:51
Nice one,  see you all tomorrow..needed plenty of water when we stopped last sunday on a 260 mile run over that way and the temperature is going to be similar, also there was a couple police pan europeans stalking about on the 83, road surfaces were generally good but some roads broken up on the centre lines. 4 or 5 miles of road being re dressed with gravel and loose chips just around the Oban area. Roads were generally busy everywhere  with busses and the usual caravans around Glencoe, didn't get up to fort William 
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 12:57
mass groups are always a headache 
Let’s see who turns up and work it out from there . 

Having organised mass rides previously , one of the best things to have is a note of meeting points 

I’ll be leaving early so see you all  there 

Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 20:37
Sooo....I'll not be there tomorrow. Ermm

Had issues with my collector box splitting a weld, which I got fixed via a mate who is handy with TIG welding. Then today I decided whilst I had all the bodywork off anyway, to do an oil and filter change. Result of which was I snapped the head off the oil drain plug. Can't get one until Monday afternoon from local dealer. Can't ride the bike as the drain plug is now not 'under torque' and spins easily - it could dump the contents of the oil tank under my back wheel at any time if I went out on the road. Tried a few avenues today to get a replacement to no avail.

Gutted. Was hugely looking forward to this, meeting up with everyone and the weather is supposed to be superb. Need to get another organised for August when I'm back on the road. 

Enjoy guys, stay safe. Get pictures!!!

Gaz.

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 07:25
with 175 miles to go just to get to The welly I had better get cracking 

See you lot there 
# getthecoffeesin 
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 08:10
Quick breakfast, Costa coffee I'm on my way...
Should be good..
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 17:37
How did it go today guys? Good run out? 

Did anyone get pictures? Still fuming that I had to miss this.Cry

Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2018 at 20:10
just in the door 

426.7 miles done ( sunday bimble) 

Great run with some top roads 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic