Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Other Bikes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oops again

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oops again
    Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 14:10

1992 gsxr 1100n,last of the oilers, roger uperton 1216, rebuilt bottom end with balanced crank and rods, ported and flowed head with uperton cams, new mikuni flat slides with bells and filters, not run in yet, new Ohlins shock, rebuilt forks, new bearings throughout with new chain, sprockets and tyres, needs a nice exhaust system and a tiny bit of bodywork doing but very happy.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 14:11
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 14:19
Ooh I like that ....

One of the bikes i always check out on eBay to see what's about, that looks a peach Hemi... a very nice selection of trick bits. πŸ‘ŒπŸ–’
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 14:46
The builder was the guy in pb a few months ago with the very trick sp2, uperton reckons it's good for 150 bhp plus at the wheel with original carbs and headers so I can't wait to get a system and flat slides on. Need to look at the brakes as well as I've spoilt myself with the brakes on my other bikes.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 15:11
Ohh lovely

My mate used to run billet 6 calipers on his and it stopped on a sixpence I had hayabusa/tl1000 6 pots

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 15:24
Had billet 6's on my exup ru and they were very good, loved all the separate pads.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 15:37
Those flatslides must be worth a few bob on their own, i looked at a set of Keihin's for the zx9r and they were about £1500 .

Where did you find it Hemi, the PB forum ?
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 15:51
Yep on pb, jay 111 said he wanted to finish his 7/11 endurance but needed to sell his 11 1st so I messaged him for details and got itπŸ˜ƒ, he's got some other nice bits for it as well but I want to put my own touches to it.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 16:08
It will be a proper bit of kit once you've done your bits, I really like them anyway but with 150 at the wheel that be an animal ...
A set of BST's would go nicely on it though
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 19:26
Looking at dymag up7x's in white unless they can do them in the original blue with pfm kit, rcd rearsets and racefit with a long can😍
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 20:00
Very tasty i like that a lot. Getting quite a collection together
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 20:15
Yeah seem to be, only bought by chance, the guy mentioned in a post that he was looking to sell it so knowing what he's like through his build threads I messaged him, for it's age it's incredibly tidy and with the mods using man maths I couldn't say no 😏
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 20:23
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 20:45
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Had billet 6's on my exup ru and they were very good, loved all the separate pads.
I remember being a nightmare to swap out!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 20:50
Never had a problem with mine, used to regularly pull the pads for cleaning, very good brakes and used sbs pads if memory is correct.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 21:04
Hemi, you do seem to make a lot of mistakes!  Wink

She looks a treat
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 21:14
I know ,I need to have a strong word with myself again and again and ag###.
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2018 at 21:37
wow!
proper hairy chested old school mans bike!
love em.
some stunning bikes AND cars youve got buddy.
i can see the gixer ending up a magazine feature too when youve put your mark on it.
white wheels for the win too buddy,its a gixer after all.
theyll suit it to a tee.
these olders bikes,modernised and improved are more stunning to me than most new bikes.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:51
Originally posted by BIG UN BIG UN wrote:

wow!
proper hairy chested old school mans bike!
love em.
some stunning bikes AND cars youve got buddy.
i can see the gixer ending up a magazine feature too when youve put your mark on it.
white wheels and a white shell suit for the win too buddy,its a gixer after all.
theyll suit it to a tee.
these olders bikes,modernised and improved are more stunning to me than most new bikes.

I see where you are coming from there BIG UN.  LOLBig smile
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 10:59
Mark at rcd is making me some of his rearsets in silver and racefit can make me a system, just need to get a bandit 12 sump and strainer for extra clearance and robinsons foundry have them in stockπŸ˜€
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 13:32
Love it...πŸ‘
born ugly what's your excuse!!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 14:44
Had mr braking here today aka wal from pfm, he was in the country in stoke on Trent and said he would call in to take a look at the gixxer, you couldn't meet a nicer and more helpful bloke who loves his job. He brought some caliper adapters to try so I can fit radial calipers with 330mm iron discs. Said he's going to send me discs, calipers, lines, brake and clutch mc's with numerous spacers to make it all workπŸ˜ƒ
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 15:13
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Had mr braking here today aka wal from pfm, he was in the country in stoke on Trent and said he would call in to take a look at the gixxer, you couldn't meet a nicer and more helpful bloke who loves his job. He brought some caliper adapters to try so I can fit radial calipers with 330mm iron discs. Said he's going to send me discs, calipers, lines, brake and clutch mc's with numerous spacers to make it all workπŸ˜ƒ
you lucky boy

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 01:17
Not what you know but who eh hemi.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 06:30
He definitely believes in customer service and is genuinely interested in what your doing πŸ‘
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 17:11
That brings back some memories of hooliganism Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 22:52
Picked the tank up earlier with the new filler fitted and rearsets.

426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 22:56
And the brakes turned up Thursday.
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 00:19
Man you really spoil your bikes mate
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 10:57
Spoiled it a bit more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic