rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New purchase
    Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 14:56
Well I’m on my way home on a 500 mile round trip from Cardiff to Wakefield after picking up some evo 6 headers and a pair of mivv cans. One of the cans is knackered and needs a resleeve so can anyone suggest someone to do it ? Also what’s best for cleaning the headers ??
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 15:15
Ohhh more evo6 systems like busses hahaha. I believe mhp are the people to see for re sleeves pm Nickyboy hes the man to speak to regarding these systems
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 17:57
Yep Mhp is the place and scotchbrite will bring the headers back.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 01:22
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

Well I’m on my way home on a 500 mile round trip from Cardiff to Wakefield after picking up some evo 6 headers and a pair of mivv cans. One of the cans is knackered and needs a resleeve so can anyone suggest someone to do it ? Also what’s best for cleaning the headers ??

Howdy Colin.
I picked up an Evo6 the other week as well and MHP are currently sorting out my silencers as we speak.
They can certainly sort out your Mivvs but if I remember seeing that system advertised, didn't the Mivvs have an adapter made to fit the Mivvs to the Evo6 links?
Just thinking that it might be better to get a new set of cans altogether rather than getting the Mivvs refurbed.. .
MHP do a budget silencer to fit the Evo6 headers which would work out a better fit and probably not much more expensive.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F112585198389
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 09:18
cheers for the info fella i may well go down the new silencer route and to be honest i do prefer the look of the mhp silencer, i wasnt sure about the mivvs and the possibility that they had an adapter fitted, but for the price i paid it was a bonus that i got one and a half mivv cans !!. whatever happens i will be selling my set of fuel cans that are currently on the bike
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 10:03
Yep MHP clubman silencer looks class they will do titanium sleeve as well

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 22:45
What are the fuel cans like Colin? And how do they look (I can't remember) What sort of price would they be going up for? In an ideal world mine could do with being replaced as theyre marked here and there.
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 22:49
cans are in good nick mate, really dont know what to ask for them, email me if you want pics as i cant post on here or if you want call around and have a good look
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic