rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luggage for a European trip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luggage for a European trip
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 23:03
2004 RSV gen 2.

It's a while away, but in August I'm heading to Austria for the gp.

Who has used what for their luggage on big trips?

I would like to keep my kit water proof, carry a tent, sleeping bag and have some sort of setup that doesn't damage the bike or absolutely destroy the looks for those all important pictures

If I can get away with keeping the rear seat cowl on that would be a bonus.

If you have pictures of your setup that would be a great help.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 23:40
Ventura luggage is the best I have used, don't know it's even on the bike.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 23:47
Ventura
100% secure.
Only negative is you need to use waterproof overcover, or pack items in plastic/waterproof bags.
No biggie though...
Brilliant gear...on/off bike in a nanosecond.
I've used it many times on many tours on my 2nd Gen Tuono, so same setup as yours.
Works better on a seat rather than the cowl, it enables you to attach the bag with the load actuall on the seat, leaving plenty of rack space to the rear...ideal for tent etc...
Consider putting gaffa tape over the top surfaces of the rear bodywork, will save the paintwork from those inevitable irritating little scratches when mounting/demounting luggage.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 07:12
Oxford tailpack when I used to work away. I could get a weeks worth of underpants in it & it stayed waterproof. Tape over the bodywork.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Zax View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 07:37
Ventura is the way to go  for long trips with lots of Kit . ( a worthwhile investment )
For weekend blast around the country I converted an old passanger seat to take a 46 L top box   not pretty but very very practical and fast to fit and remove .
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2017 at 14:46
Thankyou gentlemen, I'll keep my eyes out for a second hand one or bite the bullet and get a new setup nearer the time.

On another note, anyone toured Austria? Looking at some YouTube vids some of the passes look incredible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic