rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Member
    Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 08:33
Hi guys

Been recommended by dog78 to add myself on here.

I currently own a Gen 1 RSV Mille

I just built my own design of the RSV collector mod, Had it tested on my bike with just a home made airbox mod, standard EPROM and a stubby can.

My bike dyno'd at

118hp @ 9257
74 NM @ 8652

On my graph I have 2 dips, 1 about 6k revs and the other about 8k. But what's more impressive is that I extended my peak torque up from (generally 7000-7400) to 8657.

I have just found out about these double velocity stacks you can get, they fill in those dips in the torque range, so I will be ordering one of those soon.

Also was recommended to get a pcv and autotuner, as I'm running mega rich from 6k revs upwards.

In general I'm really happy with the first run on my mod, it's gave me a great base to build from.

Only way is up!

Will keep yous posted of my progress.

(Tried loading pictures of my graph and mod, only asks for a link, is there any other way to do it) thanks.
wilko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 08:39
Welcome in bud, seen some of your updates on your bike on FB, nice work
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 11:08
Howdy Si, welcome in dude...I've seen your collector posts on FB ๐Ÿ–’, we love bike pics on here so get posting (and make sure your garden is tidy in the background or you'll never hear the end of it ).
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 18:13
Hi Si, welcome to a brilliant forum, it has a wealth of knowledge.
Loads of ideas.
I can honestly say without the help of this forum I wouldn't have got as far as I have with the development of my bike.
The Aprilia Forum is also good, but it's good laugh here and you make a lot of friends.
You couldn't ask much more from a forum than this,i would say Redratbike is the expert on developing gen 1 exhausts, so he would be the best person to ask about your projects regarding the exhausts.
Enjoy your stay.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 18:34
Welcome in.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 18:48
Since become a premium member, it's only a fiver a year done through PayPal. It's easier to post pictures, although you can as a normal member, I am not so sure but it's got to JPEG format or you van reduce the pictures using photoresizer.
If you have any trouble with the premium membership, just ask Spoonz he also has more data than Google about these bikes
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 18:57

+1 on premium membership, you get access to the online manuals plus others too....
Si McMille View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 19:36
Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!

I am always up for advice, and constructive criticism, but some ppl are just out right being be!!ends about my project I'm working on, some ppl like nit picking!

Please give me advice in what you think may work, but also please bare in mine that my design is quite different from the rest, I'm not saying it's better, but it's different, so if anyone can help me improve what I'm doing, thank you!!

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 19:43
Get some pics up and let Red look at it, he already been there with them mods, you may end up buying one from him.
He knows his collectors, headers and 2into 2, I am a gen two so not much help.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 19:55
As much as I respect Red and the work that he has done, I really want to take my own venture, I believe my pipe has great potential. I'll try and get pics loaded up.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 19:55
Always more than one way to skin a cat I was told , (although I love cats) . Lol
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 20:08
Nothing ventured nothing gained, one thing I have learnt is that it takes a lot of small mods to make a big difference.
I have been through 3 airbox now.
It's getting them to work all together which is the hardest thing , but when you do it's very rewarding.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 20:10
"am always up for advice, and constructive criticism, but some ppl are just out right being be!!ends about my project I'm working on"

Tis ever the way with Facebook....i'm close to stopping using the bloody thing now, you can post the most perfectly inoffensive thing on there and you can guarantee that some knob will come out the woodwork and start giving you crap,It's unbelievable...
That's one of the many good things about this forum, it's only frequented by genuine bike enthusiasts, you get help when you want it, no bickering and snide comments and no poxy adverts popping up every 5 minutes .
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 20:13
Welcome along great place to be for all things ape.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 21:05
Welcome along

Try adding the rear pipe to take the dips out of your curve

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 21:27
Hi

I really have thought that Red.

But lim thinking the reason I have such a dip in AFR at 5.5k is that it's free flowing, so the AFR will componsate for it. I need to think of a way to try and get more air intake to my manifolds.

Engines are basically air pumps, more air flow through = more fuel needed = more power available.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:22
Good eprom to suit is needed as well

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 11:25
Was going to speak to Elliot to see if he would mind designing one.
Ice-mille View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ice-mille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 17:13
Welcome to a topnotch forum. You will like it here
Shake'n bake
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 17:34
Hi guys

After trying to think of a million things why my bike is running rich, causing dents in my performance, I checked my K&N airfilter last night and glogged is an understatement!!

I spend an hr cleaning it, even then had to use a tooth pick to get stubborn bits off..

Put the filter back on this morn and the difference straight away is unbelievable, so I'm booked in for another Dyno, so fingures crossed, I'm running 118hp with a clogged filter, and running mega rich, so can only get better.. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Surprising sometimes it's the simplest things that can cause havoc..
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 18:31
Hi Si, you got to address this fueling , with either a Garbo chip or a Pcv with Autotune 300.
Pcv and Autotune 300 can even compensate for a blocked filter if on a live map.
Even the most recent bikes are running Dynojet pcv, otherwise you are playing blind.
I think in your case it would be a good investment as you can tell where you are with the AFR.
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 00:17
Hi pal, yea I know we're your coming from, I have cleaned my airfilter now, I just want to get true value reading, as with a clogged filter, it could of altered things, so not getting a true reading.

It will be inevitable that I will get a fuel module.. But I need to know what my bike is truly doing before anything else..

๐Ÿ˜œ
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 08:00
Originally posted by Si McMille Si McMille wrote:

But I need to know what my bike is truly doing before anything else..

๐Ÿ˜œ

Do you really? If you have already decided you are going to do more, say a PC or whatever then why waste money on another dyno run etc. Although it can be interesting doing your own development  is it really cost effective trying to re-invent the wheel?
damo46 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 08:30
Welcome along, I noticed as well you have a stubby can, it's been mentioned many times before that these bikes run better with a full length, not a massive difference but definitely better for the midrange. I had an akra can once that I cut down to 350mm (I know, what was I thinking). I had no dyno figures but I can tell you my ass on the seat could feel the bike was better with a full length, picked up another full length Leo Vince instead. Like I said it wouldn't be a massive difference but still one all the same.
Road Racing Ireland, Do It Between The Hedges
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2017 at 09:15
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Originally posted by Si McMille Si McMille wrote:

But I need to know what my bike is truly doing before anything else..

๐Ÿ˜œ

Do you really? If you have already decided you are going to do more, say as PC or whatever then why waste money on another dyno run etc. Although it can be interesting doing your own developmentย  is it really cost effective trying to re-invent the wheel?

That is a really good point Legend and I agree with you entirety.
If you are developing performance parts the cost of the Dyno runs are ridiculous.
I have done all sorts to my bike never been to a Dyno, I know it's quick because of the company it can live with.
And to be honest I know I have an Autotune but I will probably only want to know the bhp before and after the big Bore.
And there's also a lot more besides the engine that makes the bike quick especially brakes and suspension.
I would do as legend says and get to almost finished product with all the intended upgrades and mods then take it to the Dyno.
My coming big Bore engine is based on Micah's and Gabro's who have pushed these engines to their breaking point with a lot more resources than me, also invested time and money. So listening to their advice and setup is going to my quick route to a safe and fast engine.
The last two months I have been researching piston to valve clearances and timing with four inlet cams, I wrote to a lad in South Africa who had an engine built by Amauri 1103, he explained it all to me how I won't have to machine the pistons if I am running 110/114 timing. The knowledge and experience is out there and with kind people prepared to share it, you would be mad not to listen or seek their advice.
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 09:00
Welcome matey

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si McMille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 09:18
Thanks for the input guys..

Since doing my own custom collector I am trying to build up data behind it, as what works best with it, it's a lot of trial and error.

Griff is currently guiding me through this process, he is all for building data up, it only how you prove what works and what doesn't!! He sees what I'm trying to do and achieve, there has been a lot of positives I can take from the way my collector is responding to different tweeks.

I have arranged a day with Griff when he get his Dyno installed to do a lot of back to back runs and see what works best, get it all done in one go.

There is great potential in what I'm trying to do..

Ppl may see it as a waste of time and money, but I beg to differ!! It's a project, which already is showing improvements.

Even having a clean airfilter gave me an extra 2hp from 8k revs up to 9.5..

Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 17:13
Welcome to the forum Si Thumbs Up
Question everything.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic