rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Well, That's it .......

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Well, That's it .......
    Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 22:31
So, the first salt has gone down on the roads today and that means my pride and joy goes into hibernation. Angry

First job is a good deep clean (It's doesn't really need much) and ACF 50 and then plan a few little changes over the winter.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 22:36
Ahhh. The frozen north.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2017 at 22:44
It won't be far away down here either , forecast a decent frost tonight I think and it was a bit f@cking parky when I popped out for a ride earlier today....looks like it's nearly fettling time again
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 10:54
Yep, freezing overnight here and the lawn all white this morning. Lovely sunny day mind but bloody cold.
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 11:56
SORNed mine last week and got the cover out, a fitted Aprilia RSV cover natch. So until global warming or the first warmth of April, whichever comes first, it'll stay in the garage. No doubt it'll be pulled out and cleaned, started, polished on regular occasions as I get bored. Until then it's heated seats and a decent stereo for the work run.
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 15:33
All year round riders down here in Devon. We just love the cleaning.

Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2017 at 19:08
Still using the bike everyday ! 

It will be put away when they salt the roads , then crack the CCM out.

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2017 at 20:27
Mines been put to bed also. Unhappy

Looks like the gritters had a field day last night in South Wales. What mods have you guys got planned?
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 02:26
First gritters out here in nelson's county bike was Sorned at the end of October as the mot ran out otherwise I would of had a few more weeks it's been fairly mild and dry.

Time to start on the annual maintenance and mods that don't need to be done haha
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
ruansdad27 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruansdad27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 19:45
Acf50, is that not used on bike used through the winter? I use a cbr600 for commuting everyday and use ACF50 through the winter to protect it then give it a good clean come spring. What are you using Acf50 for when you take the bike off the road?
Stevex View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2017 at 20:30
Originally posted by ruansdad27 ruansdad27 wrote:

Acf50, is that not used on bike used through the winter? I use a cbr600 for commuting everyday and use ACF50 through the winter to protect it then give it a good clean come spring. What are you using Acf50 for when you take the bike off the road?

Do you know where the OPs bike's being stored?
Anywhere other than a heated garage and it's liable to condensation and ACF50 will act as a barrier to this. I use ACF50 on vulnerable bare metal parts of all my bikes in winter storage, and they're in a house attached garage!
Just part of looking after one's bike(s).

People say I don't know Jack Sh1t; but I do, he lives next door.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic