rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

griff spanish al lewis josh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: griff spanish al lewis josh
    Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:16
a lot of people know these names if you dont they are the complete professionals aprilia performance all that i read about them over the years is spot on but you have to meet them to realise how true this is i took my mille up there for them to put a big bore falco engine in for me these fellers love what they do with a passion they want your bike leaving their workshop the best it can be and it will any problems they come across the will explain to you and what ever it is they WILL be able to fix it al spend probably 2 hours getting a seized frame spacer out most other people would have given up after 10 minutes and made some excuse another feller who was there having his bike seen to thought he might need new outshaft bearings but they went through  other possibilities first and it turns out the previous owner had put rear wheel bearings in using copper slip again someone else would have said an engine strip they work on your bike as if it is there own but you dont have to take their advise it is up to you they spent 2 days solid working on my bike what with extra thing i asked them to do and put on and other thing they came across the checked front and rear suspension which has been resprung and serviced and both were way out and this by a well known company there lots more to say about aprilia performance but most of you know it anyway the only thing i could not get done to finish the engine was the mapping there was a bit of a mix up about dates but i pleased to say after lewis took it out for a spin  i shuold expect around 132 bh so i well happy also i knew a few day in advance that it was going to be raining  i could of made some excuse and cancelled but i glad i rode the 3 hours in the pissing rain and i woul not hesitate doing it again if you ride aprilia or any other make  you know where to go 
so big thanks again to spanish al lewis griff and josh
and mark thanks for the engine
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:41
Ah, I wondered if that was your bike in the FB pics Thumbs Up

You beat me getting your motor in! Clap
Question everything.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 12:42

Yep, the AP guys are the business.
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 13:24
How's the engine????

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 13:34
mark lewis thinks its the fasted one hes ridden says it needs beefier clutch cos the powers making it slip so when i go up to have it mapped i get them to bung one in plus i will need one of your later gen 1 modded collector to replace the early one i got off you and i will be on the lookout for a arrow can 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 15:08
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

mark lewis thinks its the fasted one hes ridden says it needs beefier clutch cos the powers making it slip so when i go up to have it mapped i get them to bung one in plus i will need one of your later gen 1 modded collector to replace the early one i got off you and i will be on the lookout for a arrow canĀ 
ok it had Barnett clutch springs in it I'm sure ..... I may have an arrow can and link pipes

But yes it was a quick motor...... still wish I hadn't sold ....but hey if it makes you smile that's some consolation

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 15:49
cheers mark let me know about the can if you can cheers
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2017 at 16:48
Originally posted by constant constant wrote:

cheers mark let me know about the can if you can cheers
no worries pretty sure it's a 63mm bore linkpipe and can

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2017 at 10:59
hi rick will your bike be finished after the engine has gone in when are you planning to do it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic