rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

COLOUR CHANGE.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COLOUR CHANGE.....
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 17:33
Hi all....I've managed to get myself some Ohlins forks (axial) which I'll be servicing soon myself and also some OZ wheels.

The front is 9/10 but the rear has a few marks from violent cleaning!!!

I'm thinking of getting them powder coated as the bike is pretty much immaculate.

I love Nickyboys fluro colour but I'd feel bad for stealing his glory......even though my bike will never be as special as his might I add!!!!

Anyway, I was thinking of white or maybe a light grey to match the decals.

What are your thought guys???

Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 17:36
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 17:40
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 18:17
I was going to say the same as Nickboys but I see what you mean. However what the hell!

You could go silver/grey to pick off the graphics or white from the Aprilia logo. It's usually best to pull a colour from somewhere else on the bike if you can as it makes the whole scheme gel together.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and you already said that  Embarrassed
Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 18:18

Any way you like !

Perhaps get a second set of plastics so you can return to standard when you sell it ? Most people see non standard paint as a sign of a bike having a big off so tends to devalue a bike.....

Post pics when you have finished !
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:12
Originally posted by Af1 Af1 wrote:

Any way you like !

Perhaps get a second set of plastics so you can return to standard when you sell it ? Most people see non standard paint as a sign of a bike having a big off so tends to devalue a bike.....

Post pics when you have finished !

It's the wheels I'm thinking about doing mate
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:14
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

I was going to say the same as Nickboys but I see what you mean. However what the hell!

You could go silver/grey to pick off the graphics or white from the Aprilia logo. It's usually best to pull a colour from somewhere else on the bike if you can as it makes the whole scheme gel together.

EDIT: Just re-read your post and you already said thatĀ  Embarrassed

Yes, might go for the white as it might make the wheels stand out!
A82addict View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A82addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:15
White looks good but it's a right pain to keep clean..

Af1 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Af1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:25
[/QUOTE]

It's the wheels I'm thinking about doing mate[/QUOTE]

Oops - Just buy a set of the OZ wheels, it transforms the handling , it reduces unsprung weight which changes the rsv from a yaught to a better thing.....even better is a set of light after market wheels such as bst .....
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 19:54
Originally posted by A82addict A82addict wrote:

White looks good but it's a right pain to keep clean..

The white wheels look brilliant on your bike mate
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 20:53
My tuono racing had white oz's and they look great but what a bastard to keep clean, just got some gunmetal grey wheels for another bike and they look very good.
Sam.moz86 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam.moz86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 07:05
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

My tuono racing had white oz's and they look great but what a bastard to keep clean, just got some gunmetal grey wheels for another bike and they look very good.

They're sweet! I love gun metal.
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 08:59
Hemi, by all means keep purchasing all these exotic goodies but FFS stock posting pics of them.
My wallet is twitching in my pocket, would really love a set of lightweight wheels
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 09:33
Buy my spare oz's thenšŸ¤”
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 14:43
Hemi's good at helping wallets go on a diet ha ha LOL
Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 15:46
I'm a caring guy like that, I don't like to see people suffer from emotional stressšŸ˜.
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 19:26
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 19:29
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 19:31
That's the one! Photobucket was being an Arse!

Anyway....I've fitted them today and loving them.

I'll hold off on the colour change for the moment as they don't look too shabby after all
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic