FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Recommended Frame Sliders?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BOL D'OR View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BOL D'OR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Recommended Frame Sliders?
    Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 15:35
Here's a link to a place doing the mushrooms for £76 delivered.

They also have a 'make offer' facility, so why not try less. Clap
Khossy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khossy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 13:34
R&G crash bungs on my Gen2 RSVR - the ones that bolt on through the scoops on the side of the fairings.. http://www.rg-racing.com/browsetype/Crash_Protectors/Aprilia/RSVR/CP0107BL/  Also have bar ends mind you.. Only time I've had it over was a slow-mo lie down inside the garage on carpet. Not exactly a proper test, but found the crash bungs kept the whole fairing off the ground, and the rear rested slightly on the lower end of the exhaust can. 

Not sure if all damage can be avoided, but it certainly reduces it a tonne. Do you have a different sidestand? I fitted a 'blade sidestand because the original sidestand lean-angle was scary. Found that the mod made the bike too upright, and took a bit of adjusting before I was confident that a strong wind wouldn't blow it over!
Remix919 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remix919 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 23:04
So, my bike got tipped over overnight by some asshole, not sure if they were trying to steal it or whatnot since I do have an alarm system on the bike, but it doesn't trigger until it detects a certain amount of vibration. I also have a custom GPS on the bike so even if they do steal it, I can find them, but that doesn't solve the problem of some idiot getting on the bike and tipping it over =\ I have frame sliders on the bike but while they did help, my bike still sustained some minor damage. It scraped the rear fender a bit and bent my clip on handlebar slightly and also scraped my front mirror a tiny bit as well as my fairing a slight bit. Luckily I do paint and body work myself so I can fix these issues for fairly cheap, but was wondering what frame sliders you guys would recommend to prevent ANY damage at all from a tip-over in the future?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic