rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nickyboys Bike!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nickyboys Bike!!!!
    Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 16:25

Is it really sold???
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 18:15
is it on facebook? must be true

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 18:40
I'm not a member on fb but I look at the ap fb page through the website and it was there.

Gorgeous machine....

Anyone on here had it?
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 19:28
Yep just contacted him ...it's been sold alright

I hope the new owner lavishes as much love as Nickyboy and ken before him did

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Mase View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 21:02
Am I missing something.......whys he sold her?
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 21:19
f**ked wrists he said...

Who's the lucky owner? And how much did she go for??
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 23:02
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply on here guys...

Yes it's true, my bike "Isobella" has VERY VERY reluctantly been sold, I just can't ride her anymore without being in pain after every single ride out, she's also far too nice to convert to a Tuono so I wanted her to go to a new loving home where she'll be used "as" a Mille...

As for my next road bike, that's a tough one, I have a couple of choices available to me but I'am not getting a V4 as I'am just an ole skool V-twin fan at heart and as good as the V4 is, it ain't for me, the natural choice would be a Tuono but I'am a massive fan of the Mille and it's riding position but unfortunately my body isn't, if I can't ride a Mille on the road then I'd rather have nothing, although I still have project Goddard99 for the track...

Just wanna say a massive thanks to everyone who enquired about the bike, it was truly overwhelming lol, I've never had my phone ring and buzz so much lol, the comments about the bike have been incredible and so humbling, thank you!

I'll pull my finger out and keep the track bike thread upto date as best I can lol...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
snox View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 06:37
Never good when a bike gives ya jib . Ya giving up riding mate ?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 06:57
Yes mate, it's heartbreaking giving Isobella up but I've gotta do it for me health...

However I ain't giving up road riding NO WAY lol, I've got a few options for a new road bike and I'am doing some window shopping soon Hehee

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
snox View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 06:59
Phew. We can never stop riding mate . Fact !
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:00
Sorry to hear it nicky but I think you need to try a multistrada like mine, pipe and a pc and it's 143 at the wheel ,you would be really surprised how well they go and handle.
Sabre View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Ex Copper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sabre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:11
Good luck with whatever you decide to do NB.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:15
Originally posted by snox snox wrote:

Phew. We can never stop riding mate . Fact !

Agree 100% mate, keep on riding hehe

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:15
Good luck with the next venture....that bike was stunning Clap
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:17
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

Sorry to hear it nicky but I think you need to try a multistrada like mine, pipe and a pc and it's 143 at the wheel ,you would be really surprised how well they go and handle.

That's one of the things I've been looking at mate, NickyBoy might turn to the DARK SIDE (red side) for a road bike but I've still got the RSV track bike so it's ok Hehee

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:18
Originally posted by Sabre Sabre wrote:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do NB.

Cheers Matey, there's gonna be tears the day she goes but at least I've got project Goddard99

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 07:19
Originally posted by Steve750 Steve750 wrote:

Good luck with the next venture....that bike was stunning Clap

Thanks so much mate, yep my bike literally wanted for nothing, only the very best was used on her..!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 09:49
Not been on here for a while but didn't expect to see this thread! Gutted the ole bones are causing so much pain but you have done the right thing pointless suffering good luck on the hunt .
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:10
What a shame NB... that bike was just perfection! Hopefully going to a worthy home and for a good price (for you)! Have you had a go on a TV4? An extended test ride might change your mind!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:15
Well it's only a bike,your body needs to last you a lot longer Wink

Plenty of other things more comfortable and modern out there to try.

One of my mates has a pre Sky Hook Mutley with the aftermarket Ohlins electronic reactive suspension module added,it's an all day long mega speed touring bike that will embarrass most sports bikes when the going gets fast.

Bloody ugly mind LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Fugly View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fugly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 12:55
Hi NB,
Gutted for you matey, that bike was a rolling testament to your passion and Ape addiction.
I hope the new owner continues your focus with the bike, if he /she doesn't I can imagine a forum lynching party riding out for justice LOL
Moving on, I hope you find what you are looking for (must admit a Multistrada keeps winking at me) and you get as much from it as you did the Ape.
Full Arrows system, 1060 Big Bore, PC5 and Evo Airbox. Bring on the big grin!
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 13:21
Gutted for you NickyBoy Ouch

Us "older" riders eh?

I tried my best to give you a fairing to cut down, but not to be and hell has truly frozen over...

At least you've got your Goddy track bike... I can't wait to see what you choose for the road buddy.

All the best you ol plum
Rick
Question everything.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 13:39
I didnt think you were that old to be fair but injuries can be a funny ol' thing. I ride uprights on the road for similar reasons. I can ride a superbike but leave it for track as 20 minute at best stints dont seem to give me too much grief (I just feel it that night/next morning)
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 16:18
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Well it's only a bike,your body needs to last you a lot longer Wink

Plenty of other things more comfortable and modern out there to try.

One of my mates has a pre Sky Hook Mutley with the aftermarket Ohlins electronic reactive suspension module added,it's an all day long mega speed touring bike that will embarrass most sports bikes when the going gets fast.

Bloody ugly mind LOL

Which bikes that then.? Pmsl

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 16:44
It's always my skinny ass that takes the brunt of a ride out
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 17:27

This is mine, have a carbon akra on it now with a mivv decat and a pc5 and the ohlins ecu upgrade and a tail tidy, if you only need one bike for the road these are a bike that can pretty much do everything and I have pissed off a few superbike riders with it, especially when I have had the top box fitted . Knowing what I do now I wouldn't of bothered with the pc5 and would of took it to cjs racing in Bristol and had him flash the ecu instead.
Birky_D View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birky_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 18:10
Originally posted by 426hemi 426hemi wrote:

This is mine, have a carbon akra on it now with a mivv decat and a pc5 and the ohlins ecu upgrade and a tail tidy, if you only need one bike for the road these are a bike that can pretty much do everything and I have pissed off a few superbike riders with it, especially when I have had the top box fitted . Knowing what I do now I wouldn't of bothered with the pc5 and would of took it to cjs racing in Bristol and had him flash the ecu instead.

They are an amazing bike! A mate took one round Snett with us on road tyres https://youtu.be/dyfrF8NJDjg 

Im going Nurburgring next week and one of our lot rides the Pikes Peak version. That thing will take any corner as good as a sports bike with the right tyres and 160bhp is not shabby!
Motocrosser from 1993-1999 & 2009-2014

Now just a keyboard warrior & road rider

Follow me on YouTube for old races of me & current road/track

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeanBirkumshaw
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 06:01
Originally posted by Steve750 Steve750 wrote:

It's always my skinny ass that takes the brunt of a ride out

Yeah the seats ain't the most comfortable, I'am lucky that I have an extra deep padded seat on mine courtesy of Ken, the previous owner.!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 06:10
Those Multistrada's are awesome bikes, looked at one of them many times before, that one in the video was no slouch was it hehe.....!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 07:05
image hosting site over 5mbcertificity.com

upload picscertificity.com

If you are tempted by the red side Nicky, how's about a 1098 Streetfighter with a QD exhaust
Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic