rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW BIKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 15:50
Yeah man it sucks to be me...

However, things could be much worse, I'm forecasting about 7.5k in parts comfortably, the bike and all the mods owe me about 8k in total... Maybe a touch over that. So I'll nearly break even..
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Binxy View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 16:05
which FB page are your parts for sale on please?
thanks
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 16:12
Aprilia Performance FB page bud
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Binxy View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Binxy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 17:10
OK, Pm'd you on FB messenger. 
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 21:26
[QUOTE=m9rko] She lasted less than 500 miles. Inlet valves all went tight on the rear cylinder...

Is this a common fault with V4's was thinking of getting one if ever change gen 2
snox View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 21:38
Gutted for ya mate .
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 22:17
Originally posted by Prsv Prsv wrote:

[QUOTE=m9rko] She lasted less than 500 miles. Inlet valves all went tight on the rear cylinder...

Is this a common fault with V4's was thinking of getting one if ever change gen 2

I wouldn't let my bad luck put you off. Valve train would appear to be a weak spot over all year RSV4's... But most bikes are fine. It's just a calculated risk. I might even take another punt one day. It's worth it just for the soundtrack
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 22:28
How do Marko, I know it's not time yet but had to share this with you...

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252860580624

It's the Frank "Raffle" engine that sells it😂

Better to have something you don't need than need something you don't have....
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 22:40
I saw that... Seems too good to be true, it should be way more expensive than that!

I'm getting another road bike for the rest of this year. Dunno what yet. MV F4 and Honda SP2's are taking my fancy. But really I don't know... Next year I'll sell up again and buy a full time track bike (jap4 this time!)
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 23:08
So sorry mate just seen this, gutted for ya dude

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 23:13
I just don't trust it if he can't even get Wrathall right ...
You can pick up a nice 1198 for that kind of cash Mark, don't you fancy one of them? I do love the F4's, not entirely convinced on the reliability of them though🤔. My mate chopped his in for an S1000RR , although he chops them in every couple of month's .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 09:52
Bolox marko what horrible luck feel for you mate
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Gatterix View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 10:54
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

I saw that... Seems too good to be true, it should be way more expensive than that!

I'm getting another road bike for the rest of this year. Dunno what yet. MV F4 and Honda SP2's are taking my fancy. But really I don't know... Next year I'll sell up again and buy a full time track bike (jap4 this time!)

Gutted for you mate but always wanted a Honda SP2 lol

Chris
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:14
Yep it sucks to be me right now guys but really, things could be worse... I won't be too much out of pocket, just losing a few months of good weather and a fair bit of labour breaking and packing bits... but I'll get over it! Already excited for whatever comes next!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:26
I'm fairly sure there was something on Af1 a couple of years ago about Aprilia telling dealers that they wouldn't warranty valve related engine issue with AR Cans on bikes. Think it was due to lean conditions causing accelerated valve seat wear.

Didn't your bike have one fitted by the previous owner ?
snowman View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 11:48
I heard soft valve seats was the problem , a mates son had an early one a had it all done under warranty luckily then sold it on ???? Oh ! Mine passed MOT yesterday no probs even no baffles in ! Pissed off with the f/disc bobbin thing ( every bloody month cleaning ) Armstrong discs looking to be on my shopping list ?
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 18:24
I have read about the short open cans causing valve failures. And yeah mine had a gp1 fitted. It did also have a race ecu (which should fix the lean running) but that was fitted by the previous owner and he only had the bike about 8 months... maybe the damage was already done?

The counter argument to that is the fact that bikes have dropped valves with Akra slip ons, and even std exhausts... all based on threads on af1.

SP2 is high on the list. It's s bucket list bike and so would be a good opportunity to try one... won't be anything like the performance of the v4, or even my old gen 2, but you just don't need huge numbers on the road to have fun
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 19:18
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262847898058

Not a bad one Marko 😎.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 20:30
Linky no worky
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2017 at 20:33
That is weird, it's working on my phone 🤔....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262847898058

Try that one.
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 06:15
WoW the bits on that Honda are very tasty, previous owner must've been into it...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 08:18
Well that one is... quite nice haha

WOW
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 08:52
Just read all this and remember the post starting .
What a real bastard!
Even more,how disapointing !
I wanted to buy the V4 Tunono 1100 but chose the Yam MT 10 over it because of the unknown with the valves on the 1100 and valve service tool availability at the time and cost .
Don't get me wrong i love them , but i'm glad i stuck with my choice after reading this,and that's not to say the 1100 suffers the same problem . I'd be like you ,facking beside myself had i chose the V4 and that had happened .
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 18:51
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

Well that one is... quite nice haha

WOW

Pretty sweet isn't it Marko, tidy price even with those bits though, there's a 1098R on eBay for less than that, love to hear that Ladybird system though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic