rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW BIKE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW BIKE
    Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:34
Today i put a deposit on the bike of my dreams. I was adamant that I was going to buy a bike already prepped for track, but this came up on fleabay last night at such a good price, I couldn't resist it. I'll need to sacrafice 1 or maybe 2 trackdays to cover the costs of the bike and prepping her for track use, but f**k it.... I have a V4!!! 

14k, full dealer service history, just had the major valve service done (but I'm going to swing by AP on the way home to get them double checked)

Pick her up on Friday Big smile
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Gatterix View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:37
Nice one mate looks awesome Smile

Chris
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:41
Cheers Chris... excited is an understatement...

Did you get to unpacking the EVO6 yet?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Gatterix View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:48
There still at Camcoat, i'll hopefully get them back towards the end of the week Smile

Nick at Camcoat said they do look good 

Chris
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 11:48
giz a go
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:13
Still boot yer arse at Knockhill we the auld Mille upgrades .. then I`ll wake up LOLLOLLOL
Made up for ye .. you deserve it .. shiny side up .. Thumbs Up
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:14
Hell yeah love it!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:46
woo hooThumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Olie View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 12:50
Very nice
Prsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 13:10
Your still be welcome in the ape house then, was going to ask if you were after a V4. Sweet ride bet you can't wait.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 14:01
I wasn't mate... I was after a track / race prepped jap4! But as I was browsing ebay last night this popped up... it had only been added a few hours before I saw it. There's 2 more bikes on ebay, same year, model, spec that were £2000 more... So after some quick man maths (adding up all the mods I 'need'), and a full check on the bikes reg, I went for it!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 17:40
Whoohoo

Your now in the V4 club Hehee, nice one mate, that is one sick looking ride, that can is awesome, not jealous - cough Git Hahahaha

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 17:43
I know mate.  Can't wait to hear it. It will be getting replaced with an acky EVO 2 at some point... Thumbs Up
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 17:46
Good man, Akrapovic all the way and since this is my 10,000 post I'am so happy it's talking about an Akrapovic exhaust hhehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 18:22
Enjoy your new ride m9rko!!!Excellent choiceClap.I see you are hooked to aprilia problem free ownershipTongue
When you get to ride her,please share with us the differences in comparison with the v2.
I really like to hear from you,how much better the new aprilia is.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 22:05
Great colours too
Nic77 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nic77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 22:52
Very nice indeed!!!Thumbs Up
Nic
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2017 at 23:02
Lucky barsteward, lol
dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 10:20
Mark I so pleased for you mate, like I said in my pm that was a brave decision about selling or braking your Rsv.
It looks like it paid off and if you are on track you got to have something up-to-date.
You could have spent loads more money on the RSV with no chance of ever getting even half of it back.
I have ridden my mate's RSV4 Rf and no matter how money I spend on mine it will never be a patch on it.
Anyway enjoy your lovely bike and you can put 200 tyres on it no problem and thanks for your help with that on of my favourite mods
aldorossi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldorossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 12:35
Snap! Same here, got it Sunday, just patiently waiting on the weather to oblige. Looks lovely by the way.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 15:10
Originally posted by dog78 dog78 wrote:

Mark I so pleased for you mate, like I said in my pm that was a brave decision about selling or braking your Rsv.
It looks like it paid off and if you are on track you got to have something up-to-date.
You could have spent loads more money on the RSV with no chance of ever getting even half of it back.
I have ridden my mate's RSV4 Rf and no matter how money I spend on mine it will never be a patch on it.
Anyway enjoy your lovely bike and you can put 200 tyres on it no problem and thanks for your help with that on of my favourite mods

Haha, yes 200's will fit this no problem, no idea what's on it now but they will stay on until she goes to the track, then some lovely sticky slicks will be going on.

It was a seriously tough call, in fact even the week before I broke it I was phoning Griff asking this and that about big bores. It was gut wrenching to start stripping all my hard work apart but once she was a pile of bits on the floor, I got over it pretty quickly. I think once the V4 is in the garage I won't have any regrets. Even when I broke it I never dreamed I would have got myself a V4, it really is a dream come true!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 15:11
Originally posted by aldorossi aldorossi wrote:

Snap! Same here, got it Sunday, just patiently waiting on the weather to oblige. Looks lovely by the way.

Cool! It's going to be a while up here yet. Roads are absolutely manky. March at the earliest I reckon Ouch But I've got a shopping list of mods that need fitted so that will keep me busy!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 15:39
Nice bike

just needs a decent silencer not an overpriced bean can Wink
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 16:01
Haha, well I would tend to agree there, I've read quite a few anti AR topics. But, they do sound incredible, there's no denying that! It will be replaced in due course but with nothing less than an acky EVO 2 system, so I need to save my pennies for a while...
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 16:08
Originally posted by m9rko m9rko wrote:

Haha, well I would tend to agree there, I've read quite a few anti AR topics. But, they do sound incredible, there's no denying that! It will be replaced in due course but with nothing less than an acky EVO 2 system, so I need to save my pennies for a while...

I think that is their USP, the sound. Not very track day friendly though with modern DB restrictions.

m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 16:19
Originally posted by Spoonz Spoonz wrote:

I think that is their USP, the sound. Not very track day friendly though with modern DB restrictions.

Definitely not. Luckily my local track (Knockhill) don't noise test. No idea what they put out but I'd hope it would pass a 105DB noisy day...
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
aldorossi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldorossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 18:12

Originally posted by aldorossi aldorossi wrote:

Cool! It's going to be a while up here yet. Roads are absolutely manky. March at the earliest I reckon Ouch But I've got a shopping list of mods that need fitted so that will keep me busy!

You say "up here" where's that then?
I'm "up here". 10 minutes from Glasgow airport
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 18:15
Kelso mate, Scottish Borders. Come down and let's do the St Mary's run
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
aldorossi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldorossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 19:11

Kelso mate, Scottish Borders. Come down and let's do the St Mary's run

Cool, it's a date ha ha, roll on the spring.
Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 09:19
Bike looks brill M9arko
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic