FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NickyBoys Project Goddard99

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Thijsiie View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thijsiie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NickyBoys Project Goddard99
    Posted: 15 Jun 2019 at 07:31
Nice project Nicky.
Do you have pics of it at the moment?Shocked
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 21:59
Originally posted by badapple badapple wrote:

Hey Nickyboy you're back ( again Wink ) Goddard rep finished then eh? I'll see you at Donny Thumbs Up

Yep back AGAIN LOL missed ya matey, definitely I’ll see ya up at Donny, shaping up to be a cracker Big smile

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 21:57
Originally posted by arlurt arlurt wrote:

Just seen on FB that you've finished it?
Any photos for us?

Big smile

Yes mate, it’s all finished, nope I’am afraid not coz even I don’t have any pics yet lol...

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 22:19
Hey Nickyboy you're back ( again Wink ) Goddard rep finished then eh? I'll see you at Donny Thumbs Up
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 10:28
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
arlurt View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arlurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 08:43
Just seen on FB that you've finished it?
Any photos for us?

Big smile
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:39

Dunno why it’s come out funny, you’ll all just have to bend ya necks lol, that was a recent pic before bodywork/paint...

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:26
My old workshop there too, long gone now Cry

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:25
Photobucket still works then lol, can’t believe that’s how the bike used to look Shocked

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:24

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:23
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I can understand that, I get very little enjoyment road riding these days.

Got fantastic roads at home but I seem to have lost the ability to just enjoy the ride and instead spend most of the time watching my speed and looking out for scamera vans and dozy motorists. 

At least on track things are all going the same way LOL

Yeah, that’s exactly it mate, at least with track riding, we can do what we really wanna do (go fast) and enjoy it, safe in the knowledge that as track riders, were all reading off the same him sheet, no I can’t spell that word LOL

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:21
Originally posted by wigginsjp wigginsjp wrote:

Welcome back Nicky.

As you know bruvva, I'm long gone from Facebook so good to see your around 

Alright duuuuuuuude, great to see ya on ere still, yeah I’ve spent way too much time on Facebook, it’s convenient for posting pics and finding out about rides etc, the only thing I’am gonna use it for now is to source companies for making parts for project Goddard99....

How’s you been then mate.?

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:14
I can understand that, I get very little enjoyment road riding these days.

Got fantastic roads at home but I seem to have lost the ability to just enjoy the ride and instead spend most of the time watching my speed and looking out for scamera vans and dozy motorists. 

At least on track things are all going the same way LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:10
Welcome back Nicky.

As you know bruvva, I'm long gone from Facebook so good to see your around 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 10:03
Mate, great to hear your enjoying retirement though, I’ve got a LOOOOONG time to go until I reach retirement, IF I reach it at all Haha, bet it’s nice out there though, yeah I keep looking around and seeing guys out on road bikes, I’ve given up road riding by the way, just gonna track days from now on...

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:42
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

Yeah it was a real struggle in the first early weeks but managed to stick at it and it payed off hehe, once the first month or so is outta the way, it’s plain sailing then Wink blimey, you’ve covered MORE miles than I have lol, just getting the time ain’t it, constantly fighting against that big ole thing called life to give us some play time on the bikes lol...

Yeah mate, I’am still on the trains, work for TFL Rail now, gonna be Elizabeth Line soon as part of the Crossrail project lol, it’s taking bloody ages though, how’s about you, what you upto now?

NickyBoy Big smile

Nothing exciting, happily retired now so just chilling really.  Most days I just can't be bothered to get suited up and get the bike out even if the weather is good.
I'm spending more and more time with my grandchildren now over in Vienna, in fact I'm over there now for another 5 weeks or so.

I do miss having a bike sometimes over here when the weather is really good and we're out in the country but wouldn't fancy riding around the city.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:22
Originally posted by colinmeadows colinmeadows wrote:

shudder to ask the question but including buying the bike how much do you reckon its cost to do ?

Oi Oi matey, nice to see your still in ere too hehe, errrrrmmmmmm, I’am not bullsh*tting when I say this but all I can remember is the “original” £940 I paid for the bike, however, all that remains of the original bike is the frame, wheels and some fixings/chassis parts - THATS IT LOL I’ve spent god knows how much on parts, replacement parts, bespoke parts etc in getting this bike finished lol...

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:19
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Ahh, weight loss, something I really need to do.
Easier said than done though.

I haven't ridden my Mille for around 3 years now although I have been out on the T a few times this year.  I managed about 500 miles last year according to the mot cert. Shocked

You still driving trains for a living?

Yeah it was a real struggle in the first early weeks but managed to stick at it and it payed off hehe, once the first month or so is outta the way, it’s plain sailing then Wink blimey, you’ve covered MORE miles than I have lol, just getting the time ain’t it, constantly fighting against that big ole thing called life to give us some play time on the bikes lol...

Yeah mate, I’am still on the trains, work for TFL Rail now, gonna be Elizabeth Line soon as part of the Crossrail project lol, it’s taking bloody ages though, how’s about you, what you upto now?

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
colinmeadows View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinmeadows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:12
shudder to ask the question but including buying the bike how much do you reckon its cost to do ?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:12
Ahh, weight loss, something I really need to do.
Easier said than done though.

I haven't ridden my Mille for around 3 years now although I have been out on the T a few times this year.  I managed about 500 miles last year according to the mot cert. Shocked

You still driving trains for a living?

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 09:03
Yaay, so glad your still here matey, I’ll have someone to take the much needed piss outta me Haha.!! Yeah they’re not good matey but I’ve been giving them rest from bikes for about the best part of a year with the very occasional ride here n there...

Hopefully that rest, coupled with some much needed weight loss and training will help with my upcoming track day tests and fun days on project Goddard99 Big smile 

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 08:56
Welcome back young Sir LOL

Was wondering where you'd disappeared to.

How's the wrists these days?
Not much new on here these days unfortunately,most of the old crew have moved on with newer bikes, although some still drop by from time to time.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 08:49
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

The goal for this bike, which is a DAMN LONG way off is to build a 99 Peter Goddard replica...

NickyBoy

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY’OS Big smileBig smile

It’s been a disgustingly LONG time since I was last on here, it’s like coming home again, I am truly sorry from the bottom of my black smoke riddled exhaust perverted heart for not being on here more, gonna change that, been on Facebook TOOO much but wanna come back on here full time, so.......

What’s been going on in ere then, what’s up with the photo posting situation, we still using photobucket or some other hosting site.? As the top of this post says, the goal was to build a 1999 Peter Goddard WSBK replica, well I can now say that after nearly THREE years LOL it’s pretty much finished, the paintwork was completed yesterday and the bike is ready for pick up, gonna take it back to Griff at AP for a final going over before the first track day which will hopefully be a test day before the big aprilia meet up at Donny in July.

Let the piss taking and ridiculing commence guys, don’t hold back LOL

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 16:07
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Ian does seem to go awol from time to time. I think they set him free over the welsh hills now and then. Bit like Father Jack on Craggy Island LOL

I was wondering where he was the t'other day.

LOL Just found this now in Aug 2018.Confused

About then I was spending more time abroad than at home and didn't have the time.

The strange thing being I'm in Austria again atm and only just caught up with things as its just too dammed hot to be outside doing anything.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018 at 13:56
Originally posted by Steve750 Steve750 wrote:

how's it going Nicky? This is another thread that I've been watching for quite  a while!

Hi ya Steve, everything is still go on the project, I think “all” the bits have now been accounted for lol, although I’am sure there’s still some bits I need to find that I won’t know about until it’s needed on the bike lol...

It’s still at the same stage as last time, frame, swingarm and subframes all complete, suspension is on, wheels are on and front brakes are done as are the clip ons and master cylinders, now I’ve gotta make another call to Griff and see if there’s anything I’am missing lol...

NickyBoy Big smile

www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Steve750 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve750 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 18:06
how's it going Nicky? This is another thread that I've been watching for quite  a while!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 11:31
Same old sh*t...waiting for the shop to finish it Cry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2018 at 10:44
Originally posted by nitroargi nitroargi wrote:

Just loooove how this frame/swingarm looks!

Thanks Nitro, how’s your bike?

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 10:15
Just loooove how this frame/swingarm looks!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 01:54
Originally posted by Stevieonit Stevieonit wrote:

looking good nicky boy 

Cheers dude, coming along “slowly” LOL

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic