Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I phone7 headphone socket

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2016 at 20:03
Originally posted by threepints threepints wrote:

I've got the latest phone. It rings and texts people.
Welcome to 1994..... LOL
Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
threepints View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threepints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 06:53
Originally posted by Jollygiant Jollygiant wrote:

Originally posted by threepints threepints wrote:

I've got the latest phone. It rings and texts people.

Welcome to 1994..... LOL

Don't need owt else. But seriously. I volunteer at a well known advice charity, and you wouldn't believe the debt people come in owing simply on mobile phone contracts, mainly it has to be said, people out of work on JSA. They've got nothing, but 'all' have the latest phone they can't afford.
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:02

Lets not talk about Samsung's exploding batteries or the lovely curved screens that cost £200 if you crack them.

Or Nokia's and their wonderful un-app friendly operating system.

Heavens above that someone thinks laterally and instead of having 2 ports to do 2 different jobs why not have one that will do both, cos that would stupid and NEW..... I know new is strange but it's the future I tell thee and it's here to stay.

Iphone user I assume?
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 10:04
Baaa   Wink

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Jollygiant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Carbon Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jollygiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 13:23
Originally posted by MountainMan MountainMan wrote:

Lets not talk about Samsung's exploding batteries or the lovely curved screens that cost £200 if you crack them.

Heavens above that someone thinks laterally and instead of having 2 ports to do 2 different jobs why not have one that will do both, cos that would stupid and NEW..... I know new is strange but it's the future I tell thee and it's here to stay.

Iphone user I assume?

Just annoyed how all you non iPhone users immediately tar us with all with the same brush and insist your other brand phone is better by trying to sl*g Apple stuff off but in fact it just worse.

You also refuse to see how easy Apple products are to use and they all just work together. What I put on the calendar with my phone at work is on my wifes phone, iPad and my laptop within seconds and has been like this for years.

I have been using Apple stuff since 2003 before it became the sheep thing you all say it is.

Check out my pre-preg carbon fibre
www.jollyscarbon.co.uk
www.facebook.com/jollyscarbon
www.instagram.com/jollyscarbon

Has done The Ring…..Slowly but I did it!!
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 13:33

Originally posted by MountainMan MountainMan wrote:

[QUOTE=Jollygiant] Lets not talk about Samsung's exploding batteries or the lovely curved screens that cost £200 if you crack them.

Iphone user I assume?

Just annoyed how all you non iPhone users immediately tar us with all with the same brush and insist your other brand phone is better by trying to sl*g Apple stuff off but in fact it just worse.

You also refuse to see how easy Apple products are to use and they all just work together. What I put on the calendar with my phone at work is on my wifes phone, iPad and my laptop within seconds and has been like this for years.

I have been using Apple stuff since 2003 before it became the sheep thing you all say it is.

Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:05
You know what? I'm not going to get involved in the Android vs Apple thing. Enjoy your iphone and have a jolly day.
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 14:40

You also refuse to see how easy Apple products are to use and they all just work together.

I'll get involved  WinkLOL

But seriously they have to because by design Apple stops you using them with anything else and that's my objection to the company not to any of their particular products.

What I put on the calendar with my phone at work is on my wifes phone, iPad and my laptop within seconds and has been like this for years.

Errr.. Most smartphones can do that just other brands don't force you to do it just with their products to make it work properly. Even Blackberry did that back in the day when I was selling them. Ironic I know given that they have just announced they are stopping designing phones in house even though they have always produced some of the most innovative and reliable phones out there. Shame they just went out of fashion.

IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2016 at 22:28
I was biting my tongue,but what the hell?

I always think Apple products are designed for the people who just want things to work without understanding anything,it's enough to " do this and it will just work"

My Mrs has an Ipad from work and likes it because there's no choices,she sometimes gets a bit overwhelmed by her laptop and Android tablet and phone as they have so many different choices.

I will say Apple look nice,but the day I buy an Apple product will be the day I take up golf and give up all forms of wheeled transport,I like to dabble and modify things.

It's a bit like buying a BMW and being told you can only put a certain brand of petrol in it and it will only drive in the right hand lane other than on specified days. 

Oh,hang on,they do always stay in the right hand lane don't they? Embarrassed

Whatever works for you is perfect,I mean millions of people can't all be wrong can they?

I expect it's quite a social event queuing outside the shop overnight when a new product comes out  Wink  LOL

I just get a new £70 Android from Aldi every couple of years

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

threepints View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threepints Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2016 at 06:28
I got a s/h Samsung thing that rings/texts and even has wi fi, whoopoo do. £15 at cash converters. But everyone to their own. I still have a record player and tape deck plus video at home.
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 07:37
Well,well, looks like another phone 'feature' hits the headline news. Samsung tells it customers to switch off their galaxy Notes while they work out what makes them self combust. And they've stopped the launch of their new phone as well.
Can't even use the old fashioned headphone socket apparently
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 09:26
Haven't you heard about the new feature John? Shocked

Not only does it phone it also keeps you warm in the winter Wink

LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2016 at 18:24
Hehe Ian, I've heard that they've copied Apple Again.
So much so that the new version has had all the normal features removed now.
No earphone plug, screen, case, memory, exploding battery- the lot!!

Sadly I'm mug enough to have bought one, 😂😂😂😂
[IMG][/IMG]
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2016 at 22:41
The latest feature of the Samsung Note 7 is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IVk8PsSgEI

Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 09:31
Oh yes,i didn't know about this when i went to the air port check in and i burst out laughing when the receptionist asked if i'd any meds or a mobile phone?
I answered yes and she said "is it a Samsung"? and i answered "yes" and started laughing thinking how did she know that.It attracted a steely stare,which made me laugh even more and i said "that was a brilliant guess". She said " is it a seven"? " I said " How do i know" and flung it onto the check in desk.
Look of horror,laughed again.She then told me why.
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
Sparky46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2016 at 15:29
Originally posted by Shyted Shyted wrote:

Oh yes,i didn't know about this when i went to the air port check in and i burst out laughing when the receptionist asked if i'd any meds or a mobile phone?
I answered yes and she said "is it a Samsung"? and i answered "yes" and started laughing thinking how did she know that.It attracted a steely stare,which made me laugh even more and i said "that was a brilliant guess". She said " is it a seven"? " I said " How do i know" and flung it onto the check in desk.
Look of horror,laughed again.She then told me why.

Haha brilliant. We got an email last week saying all galaxy 7's have been banned from offshore.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic