rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > Technical Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stator cover oil leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stator cover oil leak
    Posted: 24 Apr 2016 at 12:22
Hi again
Just fitted new stator and T12tech oil colling kit.
I ran the bike to check for leaking hoses etc and had a small leak at the top of the stator cover just to the right of the P K sensor. I replaced the gaskett for the second time and it leaks from the same place. Ive torqued the bolts to 12 Nm, should i replace the gaskett for a third time and use some Yamabond or equivelant gaskett goo...?
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 00:07
You really gotta be carfal getting that rubber grommit lined up correctly mate.its loke to twist itself up just as the magnet grabs and not sit in well.

I added a bit if instant gasket stuff to hold the gasket in place while doing it helped.
Mad Dog View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 11:53
all fixed and not a drop leaking out, used a thin smear of threebond on both surfaces.
thanks for the reply.
Mad Dog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic