rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

oz wheel colour-love or hate ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: oz wheel colour-love or hate ?
    Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:27
Hi folks, is it just me, or should those lovely multy spoke, light ect ect wheels be ANY
colour apart from THAT blue .. Just me then ??Embarrassed
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:34

It was an OZ colour so it made the statement that you had OZ wheels a bit like Brembo Gold says I have Brembo. It works although if there was a choice pre 06 I would have had gold myself.

Garin View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group
A Big Bore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Garin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:40
Never been a fan of Gold wheels myself which is a good job as I have Blue wheels 

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Peter Harris View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:52
Blimey Rod you have really opened a can of worms. Ive had my Mille for over three years now and have never gelled with the blue wheels. Great on a blue bike etc, but not on a black and red bike, so i followed my heart and have just gone for it. I am very very happy with my decision Wink

^ Before.

^ After Wink

I'D RATHER A FULL BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME, THAN A FULL FRONTAL LABOTOMY
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 12:56
I went for plasticote `Honda`and I honestly think it `lifts` the bike .. IMO.

If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 13:03
Originally posted by Garin Garin wrote:

Never been a fan of Gold wheels myself which is a good job as I have Blue wheels 

I think aprilia put more than enough Gold on your bike without putting it on the wheels. And it would clash with your teeth.
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 14:08
How can you NOT like blue wheels...

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 14:17
I like the blue gold and white oz wheels but the main thing is whatever colour you have on oz's they are all bastards to keep clean with the design.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 14:22
I quite like the blue actually,gold just looks chavvy I think and as for white Shocked  why not go the whole way and get matching boots and a Gixxer? LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 14:31
Originally posted by Peter Harris Peter Harris wrote:

Blimey Rod you have really opened a can of worms. Ive had my Mille for over three years now and have never gelled with the blue wheels. Great on a blue bike etc, but not on a black and red bike, so i followed my heart and have just gone for it. I am very very happy with my decision Wink

^ Before.

^ After Wink

looking good Peter ,now I need you to put that full system on the bike

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 14:44
I think they all look mint tbh just love the design , although as I'm now the proud owner of gold oz wheels I'm on the bling team!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 15:39
Always loved the blue Oz wheels myself. You don't see them fitted to many 'vanilla' RSV's but they look brilliant on a red Mille. I'm seriously tempted to try picking a set up but the money they go for is bonkers!! Not only that it seems that finding a half decent pair with no history of damage is getting harder to do as well. 

Hubba, hubba........Thumbs Up

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 15:51
Been running gloss black oz for a few years but about to swap out for a vgc pair of blue oz

Hopefully i can the front repaired on the black ones so i can then get them painted something a little different

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 15:57
I loved the blue ones on my silver RSV, they were a bugger to keep clean though.
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
Careca View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Careca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 16:13
Sorry................that blue is horrible. It doesn't go with anything on the bike. I don't mean to be insulting by being blueist , I would hate it.
I like the white, think it goes well and the lighter the colour of the wheel the more detail you see, which I like. ( as in you can dee the brakes, sprockets etc etc ag a white background ). I also like the gold , silver /  metal finish  and the Day-Glo orange . 2 of my other bikes have black wheels and I hate them. I have changed 1 and seriously considering doing the other.
My RSV  has grey wheels, which I think are  worse than the  blue, but as it is the original colour I leave it alone. I hate it though.

Sorry, NO blue for me.
geobarb View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geobarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 16:18
Blue oz is like aprilia trademark now.
Especially that blue color of the gen 2 is so beautiful,and is so unique.
I would never,even think,to change

Peter Harris View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 16:30
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I quite like the blue actually,gold just looks chavvy I think and as for white Shocked  why not go the whole way and get matching boots and a Gixxer? LOL

Already done it, but went this route. Out on my trusty GS while Mille is on paddock stands during the winter. Not getting wheels done blue on this though LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
I'D RATHER A FULL BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME, THAN A FULL FRONTAL LABOTOMY
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 17:08
Looking good Peter! Thumbs Up

I like all the OZ's!

Blue looks great when the sunlight hits it and brings it alive and is kind of a trademark now as mentioned. They match the blue on the IP stickers and the tops of the Ohlins, plus if one so wished, one could have blue levers etc to have something for the wheels to match (clutching at straws here!)

Gold looks great as well, but can encourage owners to wear goldie looking chains on the outsides of their leathers and buy every extra in gold (I had a bit of gold envy for a while, but that phase seems to have passed for now!).

White looks great on the Tuono Racing and looks equally good on Peters "R" -The white tying in with the numberboards.

Red and black = great!

In summary: All Oz wheels are great -regardless of the colour!

As my bike has been upgraded to Oz etc, rather than bought with them on, I shall wear the blue with pride and hold my head up high! No "blue-est" comments shall bring me down LOL

How much are carbon wheels again?

Question everything.
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 17:32
Ooohh carbon😍
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 19:26
Hmmmm the blues OK and if I had em they'd stay blue but my bikes got gold wheels so I like them more was thinking of getting them painted citrine yellow, its a ford colour
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 19:28
Gold.
All golds are not the same.
Cirilium gold is very subtle and un-blingy.
If gold is your thing, then speak to the good blokes at Central Wheels at Coleshill
When I took mine in for powder coating, they showed me about 20 different golds.
They recommended cilium gold, it's sometimes referred to a 'ducati' *spits* gold, as it's a close match to the colour used on the 916.
I was really unsure, as the samples they showed me looked very dull/bland...almost like a very bright brown? Anyway, their advice was spot on, and the colour was near perfect to what I was looking for.
davidrsurfer View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidrsurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 19:52
So with all you blue oz haters out there I should be able to find a set for the T4......in blue or course!
Motorcycle friendly self catering holiday apartment Acorn Studio. See us at Air bnb.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 19:56
No chance,they've all gone chav on us and sprayed them gold LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Mase View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 20:23
My Blue OZ wheels are currently at central wheels being power coated gloss black.
Just didn't like the look of the blue wheels on my white and black bike, just looked odd.
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 21:13
Originally posted by Mase Mase wrote:

My Blue OZ wheels are currently at central wheels being power coated gloss black.
Just didn't like the look of the blue wheels on my white and black bike, just looked odd.

Good lad.

Like myself....a man of taste Wink
Paddedcell100 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paddedcell100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 21:32

Ha, i was never a fan of bling and once I'd picked up a decent set of forged wheels(not Oz)was all set to get them powdercoated black but after sticking them on the bike they've grown on me a treat and they are staying gold now....so I guess I had a secret bling fetish after all, although I do draw the line at the wheels and fork legs ...
j180 View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 22:44
I love blue wheels, I got my bandits done in 1997 and all my mates gave me Pelter's for it. A few years later and they were all on gixers with blue wheels. Trend setter I am
BIG UN View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BIG UN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 23:30
gold for me also,but dont hate the blue,
as said,you know what they are when you see the colour.

i just love the black milles with gold wheels like adz old un.perfect.
love the look of nickyboys wheels and colour too though!
Careca View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Careca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 23:40
Black and Gold.............proper combination. Showing my age now, but I remember the 1977 JPS black and gold F1 cars............they looked the mutts nuts to me. 

Id love to do my RSV wheels in gold, would go so well with the gold forks and gold rear shock. 
Maybe I will get a second set of wheels so as not to ruin the original ...............why is it whenever I get involved in a conversation  in  this forum it costs me money. Its all your fault..........

Shyted View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 00:43
Shiny blue or dull blue,can't take to either.
The white makes the whole bike stand out. Look's good.
I used to be uncertain , but now i'm not sure anymore
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic