rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aprilia RSV "Speciale" Project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:26
Not the perfect year as I was hoping to be.. still some things to sort out before I can declare this project complete. But at least the Speciale is back in one piece! :) I got to ride it after five loooong years and once I sort this electric glitch it will be dyno time! Thank you all for the support, I wish everyone a Happy New Year...after all this baby is turning 20 in 2019!!

dog78 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dog78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 19:33
Great bike and a great achievement. I hope now you get to enjoy it after all the hard work .
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2018 at 20:30
The light at the end of the tunnel must be close now mate I've really enjoyed this thread. 
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 20:36
Looking awesome Nitro Evil Smile

Question everything.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 12:11

Trying to sort the issues with the Ignitech ECU I decided to talk to Gabro and sent the unit to Italy so he can have a look. It turns out the unit is perfectly fine and even works great with the map provided my a Swedish racer to test. For some reason it will not work properly with my setup!! CryCryCry

Gabro made me a custom hubrid chip to try and the bike now works much better. Still the fuel is not perfect but we will sort this out together with Gabro. 

The bike is rich in the middle of the rev range and probably a little lean on the top. BUT the power is massive now! You can feel the speed building up and I had some moments when tried to brake after hard accelerations TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueBig smile

constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 03:56
i see you have your bike in pb mag nitro 
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 07:56
I do?? Any pics? Need to get the mag when it arrives here in Athens
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 08:27
it looks like yours unless I am mistaken  sorry I don't know how to send photo of the page owner is argiris papagiannakopoulos is that you 
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 08:34
PB mag is that how practical sportsbike mag? I've tried to find it for a good read also 
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apworkshops.co.uk
constant View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote constant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 09:21
yes practical sports bike 
Chopster View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 15:59
Looking at the name on the chip, must be his
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 16:03
Someone send me a pic from the mag...Yeap that's me having fun back in my journo days Smile
Schorschi View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schorschi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 11:38
Congratulations on the great bike and very interesting report. Keep us up to date.
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 06:34
Finally some well deserved Dyno time for my old lady just in time for Xmas gift!

nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 21:43
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 22:06
So was the dyno time a success

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
wigginsjp View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wigginsjp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 22:07
Nice to see another Smalt system. Know people have mixed opinions but on mine it gave the best results by far even over the holy grail Evo6 on my Gen2 
Speaking of Akrapovics the carbon exhaust straps fit the Smaltmoto cans if you fancy more carbon. You will need the rubber strip you’ve already got with the aluminium straps to fill them out and make them snug however 

Aprilia RSVR Factory 2007 V2 1060cc Big Bore
Aprilia RSVR Factory 2004 Race Bike
Kawasaki ZX10R 2007 Race Bike
Aprilia Tuono V4 1100 Factory 2020
www.apworkshops.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 06:05
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

So was the dyno time a success

Still work in progress but so far the result have exceeded my expectations. The first Dyno run without any modifications in Gabro's chip was super rich in fuel but still managed 140 rear wheel horsepower.

g
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 07:33
Very nice 
Thumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 15:32
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Very nice 
Thumbs Up

Just wait for the final result you will love it!!

Until then Happy New Year!!
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 06:14
This is where we are so far with the tuning of fuel and ignition. Not bad for an old lady! 
There are still some things to try - a little more aggressive ignition map - but it seems that it could definitely use more air and different cam timing.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:23
did you go for slotted cam sprockets ???

still more to come Thumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
nitroargi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nitroargi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2021 at 11:48
Yeah I am using four intake cams from a 2004 Mille for now with slotted cam sprockets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic