rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

twinses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 20:01
yeah thats the ones mate. they look proper nice. just found some gen 2 cans with link pipes but there 54mm id where as the system is 50mm od. spose i could always make up a stainless collar or get some 51mm id tubin to add to the link pipes ?
ive just got my first vtwin and i think i got the right one
RSV_Ecosse View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 20:41
Sounds like a plan. Been quite a few pairs of Akras up for sale recently too. There's a couple in the For Sale section just now I think? 

2000RSV - Lots of carbon tat - Hopeless wobbler onboard
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 20:51
id like akras but ive spent too much money on this thing recently so im lookin for somthin cheaper. considerin the amount of miles ive done on it this year, the pound per mile on my bike is ridicuous lol
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 20:54
Originally posted by Rybes Rybes wrote:

id like akras but ive spent too much money on this thing recently so im lookin for somthin cheaper. considerin the amount of miles ive done on it this year, the pound per mile on my bike is ridicuous lol

LOL.....I know the feeling m8. Spent a fortune on mine this year. Ridden it a handful of times. Plain daft! LOL

Well, if I spot any cans that might fit the bill, I'll let ya know dude.Thumbs Up

Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:03
cheers mate got me eye on a pair of leo vinces at the mo. then once theri on ill be sellin me system i got on me bike now to get some money back. anyone after a single can leo vince system ? Wink
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:17
Adaptors here

http://www.304stainlessexhaustparts.com/stainless-steel-exhaust-parts-sleeves-exhaust-adapters.html

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 21:20
Thumbs Up nice one cheers red. lots of good stuff there too
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 08:40
this system ive just bought aint got any springs with it so i need to get some. is there a certain size to get. if the space between the hooks on the exhaust is for example 100mm do i need 80mm springs or summink ?
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 10:27
That would do nicely. No real art to it. They just need to be tight enough that they hold well. If you have a motocross shop nearby, take it up to them. They will have every shape and size under the sun.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 11:46
nah, no motorcross shops near me. ill just have to wait till it arrives and measure up then order em from the uk.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 19:48
I've wondered for years whether you just measure the dimn between the hooks and order that size or if you knock off an allowance for the tension when fitted.

I could do with some of the posh ones with the dampening rubber sleeves,the bare ones I have zing and vibrate at certain revs.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 19:54
like this ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akrapovic-Single-Replacement-Exhaust-Spring-/141375404298?hash=item20eaa1790a
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 20:17
Yup,just like that Thumbs Up,thank you

I wonder if someone could measure the distance between the tabs on an Akro system so I could check if those would fit my Titanium Evo can?

Although I'm thinking they probably are the same as I believe they made the Evo can for Aprilia
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 20:30
theres also a 60mm version they do i see on there too  these ones are nice and cheap lol http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Akrapovic-P-S2-Exhaust-Springs-/271944909541?hash=item3f512e02e5

or the 60mm ones http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AKRAPOVIC-SHORT-EXHAUST-SPRING-GENUINE-NEW-END-CAN-SYSTEM-6cm-/151755198262?hash=item2355508f36
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 20:59
Ultimate parts are good they list ever part with drawings and part numbers for pretty much every ape.
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 08:36
PartyParty ive just got meself some leo vince cans. now comes the sh*t bit....waitin for em to turn up grumble grumble, im not known for me paitence lol
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RSV_Ecosse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 21:04
Looking forward to seeing and hearing the end result, dude!

Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2015 at 21:32
You n me both mate might be a while tho need to change the size of the link pipes n make some hangers hopefully tho it won't take too long. Just gotta make it look right as I gotta chnage from 54 mm too 51 n make it look production not bodged
a15cro View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a15cro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 00:15
I've a lovely 2-2 system for sale at the min for anyone interested in this thread. It's on eBay and a post on here. It's definitely the way forward if you like that kind of thing.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 09:52

You n me both mate might be a while tho need to change the size of the link pipes n make some hangers hopefully tho it won't take too long. Just gotta make it look right as I gotta chnage from 54 mm too 51 n make it look production not bodged
pipe expanders

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:00
good thinkin red. biddin on  a set now. just hopin the link pipes fit these down pipes ok or there will be headache time ahead lol
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 12:55

good thinkin red. biddin onĀ  a set now. just hopin the link pipes fit these down pipes ok or there will be headache time ahead lol
bidding on a set they are only 20 new

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 13:23
yeah i know. i found a new set up for grabs and im winnin at 1.20 so far Thumbs Up 2 days left so ya never know
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 14:44

yeah i know. i found a new set up for grabs and im winnin at 1.20 so far Thumbs Up 2 days left so ya never know
how many times do I ave to say this to people ...bid at the last minute..now people know there is someone else in the chase

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2015 at 15:59
deaf ears here mate lol. it dont matter tho theres quite a few sets on there at the mo and im not in a hurry for one yet. i wont know for sure what ill need till the cans turn up and i get it all fitted. if i win em for a couple of quid tho, theyll be handy just to have in me cellar
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 09:13

ive managed to snag meself a set of twin outlet down pipes that look like this

now the question is, if the sizes for the end of this set and link pipes are compatible would a set of gen 2 tuono cans and link pipes fit the bike ? its at this point im lookin at the forums exhaust perv who i think is nickyboy and waitin on a reply Big smile

WTF, how did I miss these pipes Jesus lol, something's wrong with me I think lol, they look gorgeous and soooo shiny hehe, could stroke them for a bit

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 10:01
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

WTF, how did I miss these pipes Jesus lol, something's wrong with me I think lol, they look gorgeous and soooo shiny hehe, could stroke them for a bit

NickyBoy
especially as they were up for sale a month before i pointed rybes towards them...

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 12:10
Oh they've been stroked alright nickyboy
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 18:41

Oh they've been stroked alright nickyboy

Is that why they're in bed with you LOL

Twin pipes, it's the only way! Thumbs Up
Rybes View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rybes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2015 at 19:21
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh Bird the missus aint supposed to know lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic