rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Weekend August 21st-23rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 22:11
Originally posted by Bird Bird wrote:

Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

How about starting a bit earlier and stretching that route to include the Brennig run from the Ponderosa to the Sportsmans Arms and back?

Seems a shame to come all that way and miss out on that.

Just looked on a map - which way round? Through Denbigh and Ruthin or through Corwen? I don't know the roads at all round there and if there's 20-30 bikes turning up, I'll have to factor in the easiest way to keep the group together. 

And don't think we'll be able to start earlier than 10am, people are travelling from miles away to make it as it is! 

You could always lead for us Ian G Embarrassed

If you can get 20/30 bikes turning up for a ride you must have some very special talents Wink

The only time I've ever seen those sort of numbers is the AP open days,we usually manage about 6 LOL

This is just an out and return from the Ponderosa

But if you fancied the scenic route back 'oop noorf' on sunday we could do a loop from the Pondy instead then taking in places like Betwse y coed and Conwy and you could head back straight along the A55 afterwards.

The leg from Cerrigydrudion to the Evo triangle is on one of my old videos here  

A road known and loved by all that ride it,with an out and return you can take it really easy and admire the view ( and eyeball any possible camera/plod) on the way up then enjoy yourself on the return leg should you wish to.

It would be a shame to come so close and not ride some of our best roads,this is part of our usual milk run from the Pondy when we have a forum meeting.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 22:28

If you can get 20/30 bikes turning up for a ride you must have some very special talents Wink

The only time I've ever seen those sort of numbers is the AP open days,we usually manage about 6 LOL

This is just an out and return from the Ponderosa

But if you fancied the scenic route back 'oop noorf' on sunday we could do a loop from the Pondy instead then taking in places like Betwse y coed and Conwy and you could head back straight along the A55 afterwards.

The leg from Cerrigydrudion to the Evo triangle is on one of my old videos here  

A road known and loved by all that ride it,with an out and return you can take it really easy and admire the view ( and eyeball any possible camera/plod) on the way up then enjoy yourself on the return leg should you wish to.

It would be a shame to come so close and not ride some of our best roads,this is part of our usual milk run from the Pondy when we have a forum meeting.

Well just from the AP Facebook page there's 7 of us confirmed that's staying over for the full weekend, 4 that are coming for the ride on Saturday and 6 maybes and I only posted it up yesterday! Ian, Tifa, Adz, cwp make another 4 so that's a potential of 21 already.

Scenic route back home is dependent on how Saturday night goes I guess, might be feeling a bit ropey Embarrassed
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 20:48
Looking good Clap
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 20:50
nobody said anything about night on beer Tongue lol
born ugly what's your excuse!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 20:52
Who said anything about beer Wink

LOL
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 21:01
that was gonna be my next remark lol Party
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 21:03
nice video Ian. loved that road used to ride it regularly from Denbigh to back home in Machynlleth and vise versa. gotta mot bike next week too just remembered. new pads tomorrow and get battery checked
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2015 at 23:20
Hahahaa....yeah that road up past the lake is one of my faves.
Tempting to do the moors too when you're up there isn't it? lol
But agree.....if there's time....we need to do that road...if possible.
Be rude not to.....
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 15:30
Wow Ian, that road looks a stonker of a road! Shame I'm so far away, I think a holiday down there may be in order at some point.

In that vid the weather seemed worse behind you than in front mind! Wink
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 16:03
I'm in and riding from Essex, WOW it's gonna be a MONSTER ride there just to start with....

A R D   C O R E

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 16:10
Ah but Nicky, family commitments I'm afraid, when you have kids you will understand. Also my new tyre would be squared off before I got there!

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 17:49
Hahaa, I know what you mean Mate, my cousin always has problems getting out on rides because of the little ones!!

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 18:22
Got generator probs again. Hopefully sorted by then
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 20:27
Originally posted by NickyBoy1984 NickyBoy1984 wrote:

I'm in and riding from Essex, WOW it's gonna be a MONSTER ride there just to start with....

A R D   C O R E

NickyBoy

Hey,it is getting people interested then Clap  I think you'll be knackered by the time you arrive never mind afterwards.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 13:19

Who said anything about beer Wink

LOL

Behave!

Originally posted by cwp cwp wrote:

nobody said anything about night on beer Tongue lol

Well we're staying over for the weekend in a pub, so we'll probably end up having a few beers Smile Whiskey for me though.

A R D   C O R E  

NickyBoy  

Woop!! Be ace to see you, it's been too long Big smile

Hey,it is getting people interested then Clap  I think you'll be knackered by the time you arrive never mind afterwards.

It's only 200 miles and he's coming for the weekend so it's 200 miles to get there, 200 miles on rideout and 200 miles back - easy Smile Worse thing will be the traffic Cry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 15:06
I'm gonna cheat a little though, just had a light bulb moment

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
legend88 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote legend88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 16:02
Putting it on a train Nicky?

Philly46 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philly46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 17:59

A R D   C O R E

NickyBoy

Awesome sauce. This should be a right laugh.
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 18:28
Jd n coke or so co? Lol
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 19:56

I'm gonna cheat a little though, just had a light bulb moment

NickyBoy

Bringing it in a van??

Jd n coke or so co? Lol

Both a bit sweet (and SoCo isn't whiskey Smile) for me but it's always a bourbon of some description Thumbs Up
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 20:48
Try Southern Comfort Special Reserve if you get a chance,50% Sc & 50% 8 year aged Bourbon Big smile

Smooth as a moleskin codpiece and none of the sweet sticky aftertaste you get with straight ordinary SC.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 20:52

Try Southern Comfort Special Reserve if you get a chance,50% Sc & 50% 8 year aged Bourbon Big smile

Smooth as a moleskin codpiece and none of the sweet sticky aftertaste you get with straight ordinary SC.

Cool, that sounds good! I'm not much of a drinker though, only drink a couple of times a year. Gonna be rough on the Wales and Open Day weekends Ouch
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 23:34
Hopefully bike be sorted by then. If not I'll have to meet you guys in pub on night if that's ok. I can't drink much these days worst luck
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 06:31
Originally posted by legend88 legend88 wrote:

Hahaa, I wish lol, I'll be putting the bike on trailer for half of the journey then riding the rest as my wrists won't allow any further lol...

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:03

Hahaa, I wish lol, I'll be putting the bike on trailer for half of the journey then riding the rest as my wrists won't allow any further lol...

NickyBoy

The joys of having a Tuono Smile 
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 12:22
Joys of a tuono for me are more charging issues again lol. Hopefully sorted next couple weeks
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 13:05

Joys of a tuono for me are more charging issues again lol. Hopefully sorted next couple weeks

Go take it AP whilst you have time? Ouch
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 13:54

NickyBoy

What's wrong with your wrists Nicky? Worn them out mate? Lol 😂😂
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 16:43
Originally posted by Bird Bird wrote:

Go take it AP whilst you have time? Ouch

hopefully going in monday or tues this wk for griff to diagnose problem then its off to dealer to hopefully get it sorted thru warranty cos AP cant do warranty issues which is pants cos they miles better than any dealer. if not its going back to AP for griff to do. Mr Griff thinks its flywheel. Cry
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2015 at 17:09

NickyBoy

I told you you'd suffer from all this perving over pipework,first your wrist next you'll be needing glasses LOL

Wink
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic