rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > Ride Outs / Meets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Weekend August 21st-23rd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Weekend August 21st-23rd
    Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 13:32
Myself and another RSV riding lady are heading to mid-Wales for the weekend in August, Fri 21st-Sun 23rd. 

Staying near Oswestry and will be going on a rideout on the Saturday, thinking Welshpool, Newtown, Builth Wells then over to Aberystwyth, up to Bala, Horseshoe Pass then home to Oswestry again.

Anyone want to join us? Smile
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 14:32
WoooHoooo......I live 5 miles from Oswestry.
So yep...be nice to catch up with you all.
Whereabouts are you staying Bird?
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 15:42
Ah cool :) I've put it up on the Facebook group and there's a few takers already.

Staying in a "nice" little place in Llanymynech...certainly not the Ritz but it's just a bed for the night after all Big smile

I'm hoping to rope some people in to lead and be back maker if you're interested - local road knowledge would be good Wink
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 16:14
I'll be arriving back from holiday that Fri night so I might be free for at least some of the w/end,I'll probably be desperate to get out for a ride by then.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 17:16
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

I'll be arriving back from holiday that Fri night so I might be free for at least some of the w/end,I'll probably be desperate to get out for a ride by then.

Ace, would be good to see you Smile
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 17:57
I'm back from France so I should be in for one of the days. You're not staying in the Castle Hotel are you?
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:05
Is this an Ashley Madison sort of deal? Ha ha
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:15
LOL

It does have certain nuances doesn't it?

Two lady bikers out for a w/end wanting to meet up with strangers for a ride  Wink

Next thing you know this site will be hacked
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:23
Dream on Thumbs Up

Be good to see you again, Adz!
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:27
Just been informed by the misses that she's working on the Saturday so I'll have the kids. If you're still around on the Sunday I'll be out. That's if Kwakas are allowed of course! 😆
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:28
Originally posted by adzed adzed wrote:

Just been informed by the misses that she's working on the Saturday so I'll have kids. If you're still around on the Sunday I'll be out. That's if Kwakas are allowed of course! 😆

Travelling home on the Sunday Disapprove People are travelling from quite far away so will just be blatting back home I think.
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:34
Originally posted by Bird Bird wrote:

Just been informed by the misses that she's working on the Saturday so I'll have kids. If you're still around on the Sunday I'll be out. That's if Kwakas are allowed of course! 😆

Travelling home on the Sunday Disapprove People are travelling from quite far away so will just be blatting back home I think.

Oh well. Next time then. Unless the mother in law takes pity on me and has the kids! Let the scheming begin.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 18:36

Oh well. Next time then. Unless the mother in law takes pity on me and has the kids! Let the scheming begin.

Smile
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 19:24
yea might be up for that. i live in machynlleth so newtown, aberystwyth etc not far. 
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 19:26
want to pop to newtown in morning anyway to bike shop there lol
Tifa View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien
I am Sparticus, only uglier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tifa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 19:29

I'm hoping to rope some people in to lead and be back maker if you're interested - local road knowledge would be good Wink

Yep...no problem with the back marker thing....I'll make sure nobody gets lost.
*fingers x'd behind back*Confused
Just let me know the route,start time etc...and we're good to go.Smile
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 19:32
sounds like a plan
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 20:39
Originally posted by Tifa Tifa wrote:

Yep...no problem with the back marker thing....I'll make sure nobody gets lost.
*fingers x'd behind back*Confused
Just let me know the route,start time etc...and we're good to go.Smile

Oh really? That would be great! Clap Thank you!

Route is a bit sketchy as I know whereabouts I want to go but I don't know the best roads, might bend your ear about it! I'd rather not lead to be honest, bit too much pressure for me Ouch Start time isn't set in stone either, 10 is probably a good time to start I guess!
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 21:05
what time in newtown? any roughly will do lol. like Tifa i know roads round here well. if i can be of any help?
Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 21:24
Literally don't have any plans as of yet! However long it takes to get from where we're staying to Newtown I guess lol!

I'd prefer someone else leading as it's been 6 years since I rode on the roads and I was only on a 125 LOL

The main places I'd like to do are on my first message, I just don't know which exact roads are best Cry
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 21:47
A483 will take you straight to newtown thats direct route. if you want to meet in the bike dealer its on left hand side opposite mcdonalds after set of lights. if you want to go builth wells, you can either take the A483 to cross gates (mega caff there lol), llandrindod wells and then builth (good burger king there!), nice twisty road. or you can go thru newtown, llanidloes, rhayader, to builth. thats more of main road, A470
born ugly what's your excuse!!
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 21:48
bike shop called David Jones Newtown
Squadron Nero View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squadron Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 21:56
Don't want to step on anyones toes here so tell me to f**k off if I am but I'm sat in on a Friday night with only Phil Taylor for company. 

Hows this look for a rough draft of the route? 

cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 22:03
thats the route but i didn't know how to copy n paste n all that
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 22:06
does that one go dolfor/crossgates?
Squadron Nero View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squadron Nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 22:23
it does 
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 22:36
thats it lol. its Miss Birds outing im just suggesting a route lol. you been on the newtown/crossgates road Squadron Nero? and if so what you think of it
cwp View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2015 at 22:44
doh, just realised its next month lol. stoopid me thought it was tomorrow pmsl. silly
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 11:25
How about starting a bit earlier and stretching that route to include the Brennig run from the Ponderosa to the Sportsmans Arms and back?

Seems a shame to come all that way and miss out on that.
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Bird View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2015 at 19:18
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

How about starting a bit earlier and stretching that route to include the Brennig run from the Ponderosa to the Sportsmans Arms and back?

Seems a shame to come all that way and miss out on that.

Just looked on a map - which way round? Through Denbigh and Ruthin or through Corwen? I don't know the roads at all round there and if there's 20-30 bikes turning up, I'll have to factor in the easiest way to keep the group together. 

And don't think we'll be able to start earlier than 10am, people are travelling from miles away to make it as it is! 

You could always lead for us Ian G Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic