rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dzus fasteners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy3351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dzus fasteners
    Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:00
Does anyone know an alternative place to get dzus quick release fasteners apart from £2-5 each off fleabay?

I may be a tight northern git but it does seems a bit steep and considering i'll need about 20 (taking into account losing 1 or 4). 
Stevieonit View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevieonit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:04
Google racebolts Bristol
I'm onit !!!! 02 rsv & 10 R1
Www.smithsracing.co.uk
andy3351 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy3351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:10
When i said losing them, i meant i'd put them down and my little lad would take them for his lego collection or er indoors would throw them in the man drawer with the dead batteries, random keys and manuals for tv's we no longer own
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:11

I got these. £18 for 10. They do have the nylon washer so they'll stay in the panel when you take it off
www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:12
That's an eBay number. I don't know how to do the link thing sorry!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:16

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andy3351 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy3351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:18
Racebolts of Bristol want £3.72 each which looks to be the going rate. 

I do like the look of the quick release ones, and it would save about 30 seconds rather than using a screwdriver to take off. Every little helps. 

I'll have them sent next door so the wife doesn't find out. She thinks this is a very economical bike to own and run hardly anything spent on it. 
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:21
Beware of the d ring ones if that's what you mean. When they spin round and you're taking them off they have a tendency to mark a nice little circle round the recess!!!
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andy3351 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy3351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:27
Not thought of that! Having it resprayed so would be royally narked if that happened. Think i'll just treat myself to normal shiny ones to be safe 

jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:29
I bought mine with the d ring ones on and there was circles of paint removed round them all!! Luckily the bike is black so I could touch them in somewhat but less than ideal. The ducati ones are 17mm (I think?!?) and use a 4mm Allen head like lots of the bolts on the rsv anyway.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:31
The ones you've listed are like the oe ones. Big Philips head type so they'll be fine
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
jond58 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jond58 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:35
Hang on! That's for 8, but 8 isn't enough I don't think!!! Don't you need 10?
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andy3351 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andy3351 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 22:38
I'm not sure, she's in the shed with no bodywork on waiting for respray so i'll have to wait. Cheers for all the advice everyone
Diablo View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 23:50
Which bike are they for? If gen 1 I think it's 6 each side.
Question everything.
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 23:53
Originally posted by Diablo Diablo wrote:

Which bike are they for? If gen 1 I think it's 6 each side.

Yep, 6 each side Big smile

NickyBoy Big smile
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
WARNZ View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WARNZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 00:28
Just a thought,the d rings make it quicker and easier for you,as well as them little FN c###s that help them selfs to other people stuff
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 09:11
pm skullface on here he was selling aprilia type fasteners for the fairings

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
badapple View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badapple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 09:22
Originally posted by WARNZ WARNZ wrote:

Just a thought,the d rings make it quicker and easier for you,as well as them little FN c###s that help them selfs to other people stuff

I've lost count how many of mine have " gone missing " I never know if they have fallen out or been pinched. I now have a combo of Allen head, original D-zues and a couple of ducati ones holding mine together.
nex0r View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nex0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 09:43
I can get genuine DZUS for about £1.17 each, the flat head type, I'll be putting an order in soon so let me know if you want some.
Si Crowe View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Si Crowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2015 at 10:01
i have DZUS fastners on the R1, they are really good for getting panels off fast but the rings tend to scratch paint work over time.

if i were to do it again i would just buy the QR flat head ones, not the tooless ringed ones.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic