rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Chat > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Translogic dash speedofault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Translogic dash speedofault
    Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 17:51
Right guys, after firing the bike up today I thought I would set the dash up again after replacing the rear disc bolts from griff (standard bolts weren't accurate enough for the sensor).

So went through the set up procedure and guess what.........still getting no speedo reading and no f**king gear indicator (the main reason I bought the f**king thing).

So, any suggestions for this piece of sh*te????
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
m9rko View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m9rko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 18:04
It's broken mate, I'll give you a tenner for it.... Wink

Sorry couldn't resist, hope you get it sorted

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 18:50
To be honest mate, I'm going to check all connections AGAIN tomorrow and if it doesn't work properly it's getting ripped off and sold. Pain in the tits. It's never worked properly since day 1
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 18:58
Originally posted by andirsv andirsv wrote:

To be honest mate, I'm going to check all connections AGAIN tomorrow and if it doesn't work properly it's getting ripped off and sold. Pain in the tits. It's never worked properly since day 1
keep calm be methodical...have you asked over on the track day forum??.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 19:33
I have bud, as said, it's never worked right mate, main reason I bought it was for gear indicator which has never worked properly since I got it!!! Not impressed at all..
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 19:41
You could meter out the sensor and slowly turn the wheel and see if it alters in resistance when the bolt passes. If it does the fault lies away from the pickup.

Maybe have a chat with Lewis at AP. He was having similar issues on a bike @ Ap last time i was there and was backwards and forwards talking to the uk distributer.  Same gear calibration issue and speedo reading odd numbers (like 30 when it was at 60 etc.)   I have a feeling Lewis thought it was a faulty dash but can't be sure as it was a while ago.

andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 19:55
Ta mate......I'll speak to him too👍
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
adzed View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
The Bad man!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 20:15
Try Kev (Spooky) mate. He's fitted a few of these. If you haven't got his number I'll text it to you.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 20:38
Yeah got it Adam cheers, doing some investigation on it tomorrow but if it doesn't work perfectly it's getting ripped out and sold.

I'll keep you posted mate but be warned, it's a piece of f**kin crap.
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 20:53
Originally posted by andirsv andirsv wrote:

, it's a piece of f**kin crap.
tis a shame as they look cool

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 21:10
Had one of those on my Speed Triple.  Absolute pain in the a** to set up and took me months.  From memory the speed sensor is very sensitive to distance from the sprocket bolts.  Try moving it closer and further away.
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 21:21
Originally posted by RobertyBob RobertyBob wrote:

Had one of those on my Speed Triple.  Absolute pain in the a** to set up and took me months.  From memory the speed sensor is very sensitive to distance from the sprocket bolts.  Try moving it closer and further away.

Cheers I'll try that tomorrow. Think it's more bother than it's worth really. Should have got the hm or aim dash.
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Spoonz View Drop Down
Admins Group
Admins Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spoonz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 21:29
The AIM is the dogs Andi. Can Bus compatible for most ecu's too so no dicking about with Gen2, hiding the original.

I'm considering the MXL Strada Icon for my Ducati as it has all of the road features as well like High beam etc. Not cheap but very good quality kit.

HM looks good too but won't work on my Duke without keeping the oem dash in circuit which I don't want to do.
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 21:35
Yeah col, if I could turn bck time I would've spent the extra on the aim......
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 22:10
Griff fitted one on mine I had the same problem as you and that's when the problem with the disc bolts came up, but also the mounting of the speedo sensor is critical, the trans logic sensor does not sit square in the holder so cannot pick a clean signal up. I had to machine an ally sleeve to hold it square and the correct distance from the bolts for it to work.
RobertyBob View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobertyBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 22:26
The one I had on my speed triple plain up wouldnt work how it should've.  Had to fricken design a small circuit to try and get a clean RPM signal out of it.  Attaching to the coil wire just didnt work like it was supposed to.

The unit looked fantastic but it never really read the correct RPM.  The nail in the coffin was when I called up Translogic to see if they could help.  As soon as they found out I bought it second hand they were just damn rude to me.  Fair enough I know they had no obligation but no need for bad manners.
andirsv View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andirsv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2014 at 22:44
Looking at the posts it's not uncommon then!! Would I be better wiring the original sensor into the Translogic loom then as I know it works and sits square to the disc bolts??
Go big or go home! ! !

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
426hemi View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

owner of the big bore!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 426hemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 01:31
Different sensors pick up different signals , look how it sits in the brake torque arm, it needs to be perfectly square and about 1mm from the face of the disc bolt to get an accurate signal.the trans logic sensor has a round bolt hole but could do with it being elongated so you can mount it fully square.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic