rsvr.net Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gen2 to gen1 exhaust conversion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gen2 to gen1 exhaust conversion
    Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 12:29
Still weighing up my options for what to do over the winter and with gen2 systems being easy to come by, a 2-2 conversion is a possibility. I know the flanges need swapped and that's fine as I know a very talented welder who can sort that but does the belly pan need cut on the left side to accommodate the link pipe? 

Ta
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 12:34
yes

ask the other guy who has just done his on here to see if he has cut his yet

now pay attention and keep up with posts Wink

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
MountainMan View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 12:46
Oops...Sorry teacher. I'll stop passing notes round the back of the class and start paying attention. Just please don't give me another detention.

The above is a lie. I'm not going to hack at my fairings. Stick with my single. Cheers for the link though. Interesting stuff. 
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 13:03
Originally posted by MountainMan MountainMan wrote:

Oops...Sorry teacher. I'll stop passing notes round the back of the class and start paying attention. Just please don't give me another detention.

The above is a lie. I'm not going to hack at my fairings. Stick with my single. Cheers for the link though. Interesting stuff. 
ha ha naughty boy not paying attention and lying ....Wink

the hole is easy to do i used a grind stone in a drill and just took some out till it fitted

not gen 2 but renegade system i had a while back

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 13:39
Nice neat looking job. I'm just being awkward. Don't want to cut as I like to be able to put my bikes back to how they left the factory if the notion takes me. Don't know why to be honest. I never have but cutting fairings is a step too far for me.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 13:50
or buy half a bellypan that matches your paint and do that ?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 14:10
It's an option. Maybe at a later date I'll respray the whole bike to lose the stone chips and get a 2nd belly pan for that. Don't think I've ever seen any yellow 03 fairings for sale. When I changed to the 02 tail I had to buy black and paint it. Toyed with the idea of going with Rossi's 99 Mugello 250 colourscheme but a mixture of would it work on a Mille and lack of balls calmed me down. Ha ha
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 14:23

It's an option. Maybe at a later date I'll respray the whole bike to lose the stone chips and get a 2nd belly pan for that. Don't think I've ever seen any yellow 03 fairings for sale. When I changed to the 02 tail I had to buy black and paint it. Toyed with the idea of going with Rossi's 99 Mugello 250 colourscheme but a mixture of would it work on a Mille and lack of balls calmed me down. Ha ha
yeah they are pretty rare ..i have seen some o2 new side panels come up but you'd have to change the decals

for those wondering what Rossi's 99 Mugello 250 colourscheme wasWink

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2014 at 14:58
Yep. That one! I reckon it would look fantastic but I don't know I could fire the best part of 2 grand to find out. Funny race that too. Rossi won and then ran over the photographer Gigi Soldano on the cool down lap. Ha ha
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 15:13

Yep. That one! I reckon it would look fantastic but I don't know I could fire the best part of 2 grand to find out. Funny race that too. Rossi won and then ran over the photographer Gigi Soldano on the cool down lap. Ha ha

You could always go for a vinyl wrap, a hell of a lot cheaper, try 01 Race FX,  http://www.01racefx.com/
they do a lot of race bikes so something as complex as that wouldn't be too difficult or expensive.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 15:35
i think my mates 3 year old and some crayons may come close!

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 15:43
I had thought of vinyl wrap. Doc John, the race doc at all the real roads events has his bikes done by 01. Very impressive but can they wrap my balls to make them bigger? I may do it one day but I think this year will be all about the mechanicals. I take it you're not a fan Mark?
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 15:48
Ha ha. And as if by magic. Ther is his KTM on the 01 website. Sounds even better than it looks!

http://01racefx.bigcartel.com/docjohn
Gazza View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member
Jaffa Cake Dealer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:10
He always reckoned he never gelled with the RC8 which is why he's now on a ZX10.
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:14

I had thought of vinyl wrap. Doc John, the race doc at all the real roads events has his bikes done by 01. Very impressive but can they wrap my balls to make them bigger? I may do it one day but I think this year will be all about the mechanicals. I take it you're not a fan Mark?
ha ha no i like weird and wacky ... individual bikes are the way forward
everyone has a yellow rsv/black rsv/red rsv you get the idea but a rossi rep rsv..hell yeah Wink 

i'm going for something i havent seen on a mille before it wont be as in your face as that one but has an aprilia motogp link

i think what you need to do is get a spare bodykit and indulge your fantasies..the 3 year old was the cheaper option.
as for the mechanicals mine is long overdue to be spoilt so its all guns blazing this winter.

rebuilt forks are here

new engine will be here next week ,already have the 57's and open airbox to fit ...  just need to get the exhaust bits made and we are away ..or will be if i can find someone nice enough to loan a garage or workshop space.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:22
ART or Cube perhaps? What I really need is a Melandri rep RSV4 because then I could legitimately put my face on the side. Ha ha.

You'd be more than welcome at my garage. Heated, kettle, toaster, leather sofa, on suite horse but there is the small issue of the Irish Sea. Overcome that one and I'll have the kettle boiled.

I'm not getting quite as involved as you this year. Just new bearings all over the place, the big service and a nicer pipe really. Is anyone getting as imvolved as you are?!?!?!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:28

ART or Cube perhaps? What I really need is a Melandri rep RSV4 because then I could legitimately put my face on the side. Ha ha.

You'd be more than welcome at my garage. Heated, kettle, toaster, leather sofa, on suite horse but there is the small issue of the Irish Sea. Overcome that one and I'll have the kettle boiled.

I'm not getting quite as involved as you this year. Just new bearings all over the place, the big service and a nicer pipe really. Is anyone getting as imvolved as you are?!?!?!
ha ha..just the irish sea to overcome i could visit my sister in lisburn NI.... as involved as me i hope so but  i doubt it ..yes all new rear linkage bearings as well..hopefully another rear shock..no not art or cube i was tempted to go moto gp crt power electronics style
and probably wished i had...i've gone for something older and more subtle unfortunately as saw the design above on a few rsv4's

found this on ebay for you

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:29
Where did the exhaust thread go??????

I was enjoying that
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:30
Originally posted by Johnboy Johnboy wrote:

I was enjoying that
hijacked  (ooops)

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 16:38
This was an exhaust thread?!?!?! I thought it was my own personal chat to Mark section.

Old school is better. Modern race schemes are a bit uninspiring. Any clues? Old AF1 colours? MS Aprilia?

Lisburn is just up the road from me. Why the hell are you not crashing at her place every year for the Ulster GP? Some fantastic biking roads around Lisburn.

Been after one of the bigger scale Minichamps versions of that bike but prices are a bit high for shelf tat.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 17:10
no clues in case someone copies it before i get it done ha ha

and yes i should be crashing at hers ..may do now she has lost the idiot husband ( an ozzie)

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 17:20
Originally posted by redratbike redratbike wrote:

Originally posted by Johnboy Johnboy wrote:

I was enjoying that
hijacked  (ooops)

Not the mod hijacking threads again ??!!
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 17:45
I told you   " Power Corrupts "   LOL

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 17:54

and yes i should be crashing at hers ..may do now she has lost the idiot husband ( an ozzie)

Sigh...fiiiiine! My vote (not that you are taking suggestions) is the yellow Corser scheme from whatever year it was at the Euro round of WSBK.

Well worth coming over for the UGP. Especially as you'd be so close to it and no idiot husband. Ha ha. I mean, well worth coming over for the dual exhaust conversions. There...nobody will be any the wiser.
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MountainMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 17:56
Does this even count as a thread hijack when there is a much better dual can thread? One with pictures and progress
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 22:37

Does this even count as a thread hijack when there is a much better dual can thread? One with pictures and progress
ha ha that's true,,,but where's the fun in that

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 22:44

Sigh...fiiiiine! My vote (not that you are taking suggestions) is the yellow Corser scheme from whatever year it was at the Euro round of WSBK.

Well worth coming over for the UGP. Especially as you'd be so close to it and no idiot husband. Ha ha. I mean, well worth coming over for the dual exhaust conversions. There...nobody will be any the wiser.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
pjroth72 View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjroth72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2014 at 23:39
OOOh my helmet there (yanagawa) RIP.
Yep that's how old it is Ouch
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic