Forum Home Forum Home > RSV / RSVR / FACTORY > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Twin Exhaust Options Gen 1 RSV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 07:33
They are Caponord headers...not sure if you'll have rear shock linkage clearance issues...I have seen these before and always wondered if they'd fit

www.apriliaperformance.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
www.apriliaownersclub.co.uk
dave65 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:46
Cheers mate, theres some link pipes on ebay at the moment.
dave65 View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 20:19
Just bought these off ebay so hope i have enough bits to do the conversion now.
Bigwaves View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigwaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:17
Giannelli Power. https://twitter.com/bigwavesorris/status/625920503891537920
redratbike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 10:41
Originally posted by Bigwaves Bigwaves wrote:

Giannelli Power. https://twitter.com/bigwavesorris/status/625920503891537920
so you have the noise but a modded collector will help with power

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Bigwaves View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigwaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 12:54
Now I have read (sort of)on here about them. Is it you that makes or supplies them? How much are are they? What is it? Must be something to do with the manifold? Thanks for your help.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2015 at 14:21
the collector is where the 2 downpipes merge ,its modded to mimic the flow of a dual system.
Approx 10 bhp hike  in the midrange

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Stevieonit View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevieonit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2016 at 21:56
There is always the shotgun option too twin silencers on one side
I'm onit !!!! 02 rsv & 10 R1
Www.smithsracing.co.uk
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 08:56

Now I have read (sort of)on here about them. Is it you that makes or supplies them? How much are are they? What is it? Must be something to do with the manifold? Thanks for your help.

If you have a single can system on your bike a modded collector should be the third thing you buy for it.

Other 2 being changing the stand and  Johnboy's excellent uprated power cable set.

If you're keeping the single can you NEED the modded collector,only exception to the rule is if you fit a complete twin can system.

www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2016 at 13:01

yes it's me didn't I reply ....bloody memory

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Stegedman View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stegedman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2017 at 18:49
Wow, that looks awesome.
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 10:43
Hi
I have a gen 1 tuono with 2-2 akrapovic evo system but with custom link pipes into scorpion stubby cans.

I am.toying with going 2-1.
I am just not sure does sound the dogs but not convinced.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2017 at 11:24
Originally posted by Iomtuono Iomtuono wrote:

Hi
I have a gen 1 tuono with 2-2 akrapovic evo system but with custom link pipes into scorpion stubby cans.

I am.toying with going 2-1.
I am just not sure does sound the dogs but not convinced.
are you thinking modded collector system or a proper 2-1 full system?

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 15:49
Think a modded collector be best. But not sure.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 16:21

Think a modded collector be best. But not sure.
finding a good 2-1 system ..they are rarer than a 2-2  hence the modded collector route and why I sell them

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Iomtuono View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iomtuono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 16:26
I have a gen 1 titanium exhaust but don't have 2-1 headers and mid.
But keeping it the way it is for now. As these italian bikes love money being spent on them
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 16:56

I have a gen 1 titanium exhaust but don't have 2-1 headers and mid.
But keeping it the way it is for now. As these italian bikes love money being spent on them
if you buy a modded collector from me in the future I'd be happy to supply some gen1 downpipes free of charge Thumbs Up

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
NickyBoy1984 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Exhaust freak!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickyBoy1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 16:14
Your that guy who had the tuono with the Evo5 system aren't ya..??
That system is mega cool and rare as f**k

NickyBoy
www.rsvr.net
www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Burchy1234 View Drop Down
Moto3 racer
Moto3 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burchy1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 12:27
With the twin pipe akra set up is it possible to fit pillion pegs? If so what type are required
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 13:00
Originally posted by Burchy1234 Burchy1234 wrote:

With the twin pipe akra set up is it possible to fit pillion pegs? If so what type are required
standard right one , left one needs a conversion kit no one sells aftermarket pillion pegs for twin systems

falco's have been used but I think they have the clamp  in a different place on the can and move the position of the footrest slighty  

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Johnboy View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 13:58
Akrapovic evolution system with Pipewerx custom cans.
Mr Miller View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2017 at 17:56
These were forced on me by PaulW ..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40XljjEFsQA
If you find us in a hedge check the bike first please .. I`m free on the NHS...
Stevieonit View Drop Down
World Superbike Star
World Superbike Star

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stevieonit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2017 at 08:37
I cut up a falco peg and made the modded part that u can't get
I'm onit !!!! 02 rsv & 10 R1
Www.smithsracing.co.uk
The Shredder View Drop Down
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2017 at 10:10
Question,

Are there any purpose build single exhaust full systems and how do they compare with the double can full systems?

As in if the single can has the same system as the proper dual can systems but with just single can,How would they perform on a dyno? Any real power difference,

Because I think on the more slender/cleaner looking Gen 1 98-2000 single exhaust looks alot better I don't really know why people want duals so bad on them? They must be a fair bit of weight than singles,More money,Twice risk of damage,If there is really a big power difference yeah.

I've got a Ti gianelli single can with link pipe thats needs repacking,If it produces 99% same midrange and peak bhp as the dual gianelli with one of redrats modded collectors i'm 100% prefer it to a double system,If I had both to choose from regardless of cost.

but i seem to be a minority with this op so i'll shut up LOL
rocketnz View Drop Down
L Plates
L Plates

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 04:23
Single Arrow, out performs all other options.
IanG View Drop Down
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 13:27
Originally posted by The Shredder The Shredder wrote:

Question,

Are there any purpose build single exhaust full systems and how do they compare with the double can full systems?

As in if the single can has the same system as the proper dual can systems but with just single can,How would they perform on a dyno? Any real power difference,

Because I think on the more slender/cleaner looking Gen 1 98-2000 single exhaust looks alot better I don't really know why people want duals so bad on them? They must be a fair bit of weight than singles,More money,Twice risk of damage,If there is really a big power difference yeah.

I've got a Ti gianelli single can with link pipe thats needs repacking,If it produces 99% same midrange and peak bhp as the dual gianelli with one of redrats modded collectors i'm 100% prefer it to a double system,If I had both to choose from regardless of cost.

I'm with you for all the points you listed Thumbs Up

However also owning a Gen2 Tuono I love the twin can set up on that.  Once you have a modded collector on a single can set up I think there is very little in it on a dyno.

Probably most of us would never notice in a real world situation
www.apworkshops.co.uk
www.apriliaforum.co.uk

Looking forward to the next track day
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The Collector Messiah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redratbike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 20:11
The full arrows system performs well but the arrows dual system produces the same if not a little more midrange
Originally posted by rocketnz rocketnz wrote:

Single Arrow, out performs all other options.

www.apriliaforum.co.uk
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 02:34
Originally posted by IanG IanG wrote:

Originally posted by The Shredder The Shredder wrote:

Question,

I'm with you for all the points you listed Thumbs Up

However also owning a Gen2 Tuono I love the twin can set up on that.  Once you have a modded collector on a single can set up I think there is very little in it on a dyno.

Probably most of us would never notice in a real world situation

A long reply, But hey ho life and that! :)

Yes I know what you mean , I have a 2+2 Akra on my 2003 colin edwards that just really suits the bike ... i've yet to ride since purchasing 1 year ago only on a test ride from a dealer in the wet... It sits in my warehouse stripped down for a good clean i've yet to start to ride it since (not that its actually dirty!) 

I would like to put the fairings back on/tax/mot it and compare direct with my GEN 1 with ginalle end can. (standard besides open airbox and superchips chip) I remember it being fairly quite with the double akras's well more quite than i would have thought and VERY smooth reving/ idle compared to my 2000 R.Too smooth! :) 
blacklines View Drop Down
Moto GP Alien
Moto GP Alien

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacklines Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2019 at 09:25
Are 2-2 setups much quieter than 2-1s? You'd think so with twice the muffler area. That would come in handy for track riding, even if it cost you a little weight.
Moto2 racer
Moto2 racer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Shredder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2019 at 15:54
Originally posted by blacklines blacklines wrote:

Are 2-2 setups much quieter than 2-1s? You'd think so with twice the muffler area. That would come in handy for track riding, even if it cost you a little weight.

I've only ridden my Edwards for few miles upon purchase, It's been laid up in my warehouse since then LOL, But I was shocked how quite and "smooth" it sounded compared to my 2000 R with a Giannelli titanium which was freshly repacked! So yes in my limited experience  they seem to be quieter.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic